Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not on the list
NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the Browns have talked with three teams picking in the top eight about a trade up from No. 12.
Likely to select Myles Garrett at No. 1 overall, the Browns might have to move up from No. 12 for their latest "quarterback solution." The Browns have been linked to UNC's Mitchell Trubisky for months, but his stock is unclear. He could go anywhere from No. 2 to No. 12. The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported as recently as three days ago that the Browns were still seriously considering Trubisky at No. 1, but it's ultimately unlikely.
Related: Browns
Source: Mike Garofolo on Twitter Apr 25 - 3:17 PM

I was hoping it would be 4 out of 9, us included!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 07:39 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the Browns have talked with three teams picking in the top eight about a trade up from No. 12.
Likely to select Myles Garrett at No. 1 overall, the Browns might have to move up from No. 12 for their latest "quarterback solution." The Browns have been linked to UNC's Mitchell Trubisky for months, but his stock is unclear. He could go anywhere from No. 2 to No. 12. The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported as recently as three days ago that the Browns were still seriously considering Trubisky at No. 1, but it's ultimately unlikely.

Guessing they would like to avoid giving ammo to another team in the division. I would hope the bengals (depending on board) would be more than willing to trade back at 9. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 07:39 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: NFL Network's Mike Silver reports the Browns have talked with three teams picking in the top eight about a trade up from No. 12.

I'm still holding out hope for AJM to Cleveland for #33.  If they don't get Trubisky early (I don't think they take him #1), then they might lose out on the QB they want and end up having to make a deal for AJM.

Of course, they could just go Osweiler and Kessler, and then go for one of the QBs from USC or UCLA, who are both rated higher than any QB this season.  
Reply/Quote
Honestly, they probably figure that any team looking to trade up for a QB would target Cincy's pick to get in front of the Bills and Browns.

They need to go higher to insure that they get a QB - just my thoughts.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 12:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Honestly, they probably figure that any team looking to trade up for a QB would target Cincy's pick to get in front of the Bills and Browns.

They need to go higher to insure that they get a QB - just my thoughts.

Possibly, but the fewer spots they have to jump to the less they have to give up. I think there's a bunch of smoke about teams high taking a qb. Cleveland will get hosed going to 4-6 when they probably don't have to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

With Watson and Mahomes in this draft, I don't see how anyone would consider taking Trubisky ahead of either of them. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 12:14 PM)McC Wrote: With Watson and Mahomes in this draft, I don't see how anyone would consider taking Trubisky ahead of either of them. 

The Browns might...
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 07:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm still holding out hope for AJM to Cleveland for #33.  If they don't get Trubisky early (I don't think they take him #1), then they might lose out on the QB they want and end up having to make a deal for AJM.

Of course, they could just go Osweiler and Kessler, and then go for one of the QBs from USC or UCLA, who are both rated higher than any QB this season.  

I think people overlook Texans as a possible AJM trade partner with pick #25. The Texans are ready to win right now and Savage is their QB. I see no rookies other than Watson or Trubisky close to be a starter in 2017 (productive starter) as none have experience in college under center.

I could see Obrien seeing AJM as that QB who could get them to the playoffs using their #1 defense (without  Watt a year ago). They also have cap issues, so this could help that situation as well.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote