Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure how true this is, but Marvin will be the GM
Quote:Source close to team via text sent out by the Blackburn' s during a New Years party last night, " Marvin will sign a 2 year deal with complete control over roster, contracts, and draft picks." Essentially I think its a done deal Marvin is going to be our general manager with Mike Brown relinquishing complete control but I think the only decision wait to made before an announcement is, is if Marvin will continue to coach next year. I think Marvin is gauging what guy he would want to bring in that fits his philosophy and if that guy is out there would he be available and more importantly interested in coming here. I think the decision on the direction this organization wants to take has already been made. The Bengals are just waiting on who will all be available after the coaching carousel shakes out before Marvin decides to continue to coach or bring someone else in.

Again not sure how true this is seen it in a Bengals Facebook group
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
From our own Jim O:

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 03:42 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: From our own Jim O:

Ok good, close this
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Where would Tobin fit in in this hypothetical scenario
Reply/Quote
I'm in a couple of Bengals Facebook groups also. Those are mostly fairweather fans who don't know wtf they're talking about.

That'd be nice though.
Reply/Quote
Facebook is always a reputable source. Hilarious

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hey, it's on the internet so it has to be true.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 03:42 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: From our own Jim O:

Marvin has been so forthright in all of this. Sarcasm

I don't believe anything he has to say about the situation, frankly.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm just patiently waiting for Marvin and Mikey to tell us who the **** is coaching this team next year. I'm not sure why it's 2 days after the season finale and we still have no idea what's going on...
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:42 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm just patiently waiting for Marvin and Mikey to tell us who the **** is coaching this team next year. I'm not sure why it's 2 days after the season finale and we still have no idea what's going on...

......'cause Bungals.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 03:41 AM)Trademark Wrote: Again not sure how true this is seen it in a Bengals Facebook group

The only thing that tells me is that Merv is coming back.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:42 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm just patiently waiting for Marvin and Mikey to tell us who the **** is coaching this team next year. I'm not sure why it's 2 days after the season finale and we still have no idea what's going on...

It's how they operate.  It's all part of their ongoing fukk u to the fans policy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Maybe the senile old f*** can't decide what to order from Wendy's for the official announcement  Whatever
Reply/Quote
Here's my problem with Marvin saying that he doesn't know where the rumors of him moving to a front office position came from...

They came from him.

When the news broke before the Vikings game about him stepping away, Ian Rapoport tweeted:

Quote:Back to #Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. When I discussed his future with Lewis last night, he told me being a GM is “something I would listen to.” Both sides seem at peace with a new start. Keep an eye on ST coach Darrin Simmons as a possible replacement.

So is Marvin calling Ian a liar? Marvin is a clown. Mike Brown is a clown. This whole organization is full of clowns.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:01 AM)SCole025 Wrote: Here's my problem with Marvin saying that he doesn't know where the rumors of him moving to a front office position came from...

They came from him.

When the news broke before the Vikings game about him stepping away, Ian Rapoport tweeted:

So is Marvin calling Ian a liar?  Marvin is a clown.  Mike Brown is a clown.  This whole organization is full of clowns.

Huh... I didn't know Ian claimed he got that directly from Marv. I wonder who's the telling the truth here? Hmm

But Marv has been such a lying scumbag lately that nothing will surprise me at this point.
Reply/Quote
We already know who is coaching this team next year. The League has moved on, coaches are being interviewed and discussions are being had on who will coach the 6 openings next, and what staffs are being brought in.

Bengals (or an opening) aren't even being mentioned in these discussions.

Nothing to see here folks. On to Free Agency......

..... And now that Free Agency discussion is over.

On to the draft.....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:01 AM)SCole025 Wrote: Here's my problem with Marvin saying that he doesn't know where the rumors of him moving to a front office position came from...

They came from him.

So is Marvin calling Ian a liar?  Marvin is a clown.  Mike Brown is a clown.  This whole organization is full of clowns.

It was just a negotiation tactic. Marvin knows how to keep a job. At this point he's just taking advantage of a old senile cheap man.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
You know what's really going to suck? Say Marvs team blows chunks again next year, and after next year Mike actually lets him walk... Jay Gruden, Hue Jackson and Vance Joseph will likely all be available to replace him Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
Marvin’s record against the Steelers alone is grounds enough to get Merv tossed out of the building and into the cold...6 years ago. But na, lets keep him around. BS
Reply/Quote
According to the Bengals website, they (Lewis and Brown) are having discussions on him staying, and with no mention of anything related to a FO job. The article is on their website and its called "Lewis in Discussions To Stay"
Reply/Quote