Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Not understanding Darrin Simmons
(11-16-2020, 10:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Bernard and Boyd returned punts in college.
I'd look to one of them.

Boyd is too valuable to risk on ST's.  Same goes for Gio until Mixon comes back.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He set the tone early so us fans knew the kind of game we were about to witness.

He’s a Marvin guy who needs cut. It’s that simple
Reply/Quote
Not understanding why the gadget play to Williams
Wasnt executed in the 1st half when it could have
Swung momentum
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 08:22 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I've never been an Erickson fan personally. Felt like we could've cut him a long time ago back in the Mervin days. I think his fumble set the tone yesterday. So much for getting pumped up to play the only undefeated team in the NFL when your defense comes out makes a big stop and then Erickson gives it right back to them. Talk about taking the wind out of your sails.

Yep, then add in the 3 or 4 penalties in the fist 8 minutes or whatever and we had already lost.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 12:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: Boyd is too valuable to risk on ST's.  Same goes for Gio until Mixon comes back.  

...It's literally a couple plays a game.

Other prominent players (e.g. DeSean Jackson) have been key offensive contributors in their careers but also contributed in the return game too.

And in regards to Gio, you can have Trayveon Williams or Samaje Perine take some of his offensive touches so that Gio can do a couple PRs.
Honestly, Williams needs to get more looks regardless.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Bernard and Boyd returned punts in college.
I'd look to one of them.

Really? You're going to put our #1 receiver or Running Back back there returning punts?  Shocked
Reply/Quote
I supported the decision to keep him at the start of the season but he played his way right off of the team Sunday IMHO.

Just no upside there.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 10:28 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I supported the decision to keep him at the start of the season but he played his way right off of the team Sunday IMHO.

Just no upside there.

I go to my default setting. When we find someone better, then that person gets the job. Have to have someone better though before you fire a guy. And you can NOT have your best receiver or your best blocking RB taking punts.
Reply/Quote
Gotta find someone.... what's wrong with Wilson returning punts?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:14 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Gotta find someone.... what's wrong with Wilson returning punts?

IIRC, someone at TC last year, saw him muff a bunch of punts when they were doing drills.

PR and KR is not the same thing, as the Bears game showed last night.

Phillips is #2, but his vision is just putrid (I have 0 idea what happened to him, as it wasn't a problem until he came back from injury last year).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Everytime Erickson fields a punt he wets his pants
Reply/Quote