Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notebook: Secondary Sizzles; Sharp, Webb, Erickson Impress
Now the Secondary looks good!

https://www.bengals.com/news/notebook-secondary-sizzles-sharp-webb-erickson-impress?elqTrackId=5c2715d3b6d04ba78bbe7add1f32253c&elq=83ea47ff4ade4a38a1067ece5b435217&elqaid=694&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=453
Reply/Quote
Wow..apparently everyone's a world beater in OTA's.. Hopefully it carries over to the regular season and beyond.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 11:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Now the Secondary looks good!

https://www.bengals.com/news/notebook-secondary-sizzles-sharp-webb-erickson-impress?elqTrackId=5c2715d3b6d04ba78bbe7add1f32253c&elq=83ea47ff4ade4a38a1067ece5b435217&elqaid=694&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=453

Just means they are catching on to what the coaches want. It's a good start. Better than hearing the coaches say, "They are dumber than box of rocks and can't figure out where to be and what to do".....
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 01:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just means they are catching on to what the coaches want. It's a good start. Better than hearing the coaches say, "They are dumber than box of rocks and can't figure out where to be and what to do".....

That's what people think Bengals beat reporters should say about the team despite wanting to keep their jobs.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It's june
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm about to go start a what's wrong with Tyler Boyd thread.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 01:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: Wow..apparently everyone's a world beater in OTA's.. Hopefully it carries over to the regular season and beyond.  

Except Finley... That guy looks like shit. How could he not with that badass secondary swarming around?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Or maybe the players are picking up the new systems pretty well and the coaches and observers are pleased. Why can't we put the constant cynicism and negativity on hold and see how the new staff plays out?
Reply/Quote

lots of 1st rounders and money in that secondary they should be one of the better units on the team
Reply/Quote
5 guys coming back from ACL. Maybe we should do some lower body exercises before games and practices.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 01:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: Wow..apparently everyone's a world beater in OTA's.. Hopefully it carries over to the regular season and beyond.  

I love it just because, like I keep saying, it sounds like we have an energy on the team that we haven't had here in a while, maybe ever!  (At least not since Marvin took over.  Chad brought a lot of energy, but that was more of his show, whereas this energy feels like the entire team is excited and buying in.)

What continues to impress me is finally having a coach that knows what he's talking about and knows how to articulate it.  I feel like Taylor said more things with meaning, direction, and football intelligence than Marvin said in 15 years here.

Taylor has a vision for this team and he knows what he's doing, and the players see it, are excited, and they're buying-in.

I feel like Taylor is what this team needs to make this a solid year and shock the world!
Reply/Quote

I must have been asleep when we signed Hunter Sharp. That's 4 Giants (counting B. Hart) we've signed in the last year. Wynn and Webb were obviously lured by Lou A, maybe Sharp, too? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 06:35 PM)Shady Wrote: I must have been asleep when we signed Hunter Sharp. That's 4 Giants (counting B. Hart) we've signed in the last year. Wynn and Webb were obviously lured by Lou A, maybe Sharp, too? 

We signed Sharp last year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm not buying in until I hear Zac Taylor looks like a young Bill Belichick out there.
Reply/Quote

Quote:On day eight of the Bengals’ organized team activities, the secondary enjoyed a highlight-filled day with numerous pass breakups, an interception and multiple stops. It was such a dazzling performance, head coach Zac Taylor couldn’t help but agree the defense won the day.

“I do, I absolutely do,” Taylor said. “They came out and played like their hair was on fire. They did a nice job of getting to the quarterback. I'm happy with the job the defense did.”

Playing like “their hair was on fire” certainly summed up the intensity and playmaking ability the secondary showcased. From safety Jessie Bates’ interception during a red zone drill, to rookie cornerback Jordan Brown breaking up consecutive passes during a two-minute drill, the secondary played with confidence throughout the session.

In other words, the offense didn't get it done, didn't protect the QB, didn't get open.

Another notable thing I saw was that Ross is on the injury list and is out. The injury is listed as unknown, but I'm sure Ross and training staff know what his injury is. You'd think that Ross would be out there giving it his all as the other young guys are out there showing they can get something done.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 08:42 PM)BengalChris Wrote: In other words, the offense didn't get it done, didn't protect the QB, didn't get open.

Another notable thing I saw was that Ross is on the injury list and is out. The injury is listed as unknown, but I'm sure Ross and training staff know what his injury is. You'd think that Ross would be out there giving it his all as the other young guys are out there showing they can get something done.

Hopefully offense kicks up a notch, next d foes it again, rinse repeat, etc etc. Til they're both great.

Hopefully offense kicks up a notch, next the D does it again, rinse repeat, etc etc. Til they're both great.
Either that or we could alternately fret about the state of either the O or D, depending on which unit does better on a given day.

That's what I get for posting on a phone in a moving vehicle. I swear! And no, wasn't driving...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 08:47 PM)SladeX Wrote: Hopefully offense kicks up a notch, next d foes it again, rinse repeat, etc etc. Til they're both great
Moritz who??!?!?! a TE with a #49?!?!?!?   Nervous
Reply/Quote
That's the bad part of OTA's...you're playing against yourself so if you look really good in one aspect, it means another looks really bad.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We signed Sharp last year

Thanks. I totally missed that signing. Looks like the Bills cut him from their PS, and we signed him to ours in mid-November. We're his 4th team. He's seems to be working hard at doing things right.  :andy:
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 04:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lots of 1st rounders and money in that secondary they should be one of the better units on the team

They were ranked 7th in the league last season. It's underwear football, but all that means is the offense has the advantage. If the D is getting it done when they can't jam and are not allowed any contact, I'd say that's good news.
Reply/Quote