Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing Game Is Something
Both the Bengals and Browns are out of the playoffs and play each other on Sunday at PBS. I was told it is a nothing game by some people. Well, I still cherish the Battle of Ohio. I want the Bengals to win since we've already locked up draft pick number 1. I see a lot of trick plays and going for fourth downs. Would be nice to get a win prior to the off season too. Bengals 27 Browns 10
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
It would certainly be nice to beat them. Getting swept two years in a row by the Cleveland freaking Browns is a depressing thought.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I think the team plays their best game and curb-stomps Cleveland, specifically Mayfield. I think the team sends Dalton out on a high note. I only wish Green was on the field with Ross, Boyd, etc. to see what that looks like together.

Does anyone know is Auden Tate out for the season? Personally, I would like to see him in the slot and Boyd move outside. I think Boyd needs to be used more like Green when Green was out injured to see what life could be like without him. And I think of how Palmer had a resurrection when Larry Fitz was moved to slot since he didn't have the vertical speed but still the amazing catch radius....ditto the way NO seems to use Thomas. I am not saying Tate is either of those guys, but that would play to his strengths better than having him on the outside. Overthrow Tate on a ball a bit too high for Erickson? Not likely.
Reply/Quote
I would love to see us crush the Clowns ! 55-0
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:35 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I would love to see us crush the Clowns ! 55-0

Me too — I loathe Cleveland — but a big win might convince Mike Brown the Bengals are on the right track with the current coaches. Clearly that’s wrong. 2019 didn’t even feature the infamous “dead cat bounce.” This cat stayed motionless all season.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It would certainly be nice to beat them. Getting swept two years in a row by the Cleveland freaking Browns is a depressing thought.
Maybe this is the kind of thing that needs to happen to get changes in the front office.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:35 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I would love to see us crush the Clowns ! 55-0

Same here, and more specifically, because my son and his step-brother will be there, both cheering for the Browns..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Just beat Cleveland.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I predict multiple personal fouls and possible ejections.
Reply/Quote
For the Brown family alone I have to root for the browns to humiliate them once again.. It's tough to root for the Browns as a team, but easy to root for the Brown family humiliation in spades.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Hope we stomp the Browns. Would love to see Mayfield boost his INTs a bit before the glorious offseason.
Reply/Quote
It would be nice to destroy the stains, and end their overhyped season!
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 11:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: Just beat Cleveland.

I'd like to see the Browns beaten in a blow out, but a 1 point win would be just as good!
Reply/Quote
I am so thrilled at the browns demise and I am certain some purchased super bowl tickets. I don't think this team can stomp any team so just win Bengals
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:54 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Maybe this is the kind of thing that needs to happen to get changes in the front office.
Who Dey

I believe it is. if its 1 thing that MB can't /won't stomach its losing to Cleveland. Especially twice.
How many times did we all think "that's gotta be it, Marvin is gone". But no, he wasn't.
Marvin wasn't let go until he lost to Cleveland twice... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:44 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Me too — I loathe Cleveland — but a big win might convince Mike Brown the Bengals are on the right track with the current coaches.  Clearly that’s wrong.  2019 didn’t even feature the infamous “dead cat bounce.”  This cat stayed motionless all season.

I have always respected your post, but really?

This is not a one year nose dive and loss of fans. MB and the FO are at a critical stage to energize an upset (minor statement) fan base.

They know it and 2 wins versus one win will not change anything.

I know some fans think MB is stupid. He is not. just a lousy GM. But a great business man so he knows team needs to turn around and quickly.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
As I read this post, an ad from Progressive showed up with Baker Mayfield. What a joke. Doing commercials and playing terrible. This is exactly why the Bengals D needs to shut down the Browns on Sunday.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 07:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have always respected your post, but really?

This is not a one year nose dive and loss of fans. MB and the FO are at a critical stage to energize an upset (minor statement) fan base.

They know it and 2 wins versus one win will not change anything.

I know some fans think MB is stupid. He is not. just a lousy GM. But a great business man so he knows team needs to turn around and quickly.

How is he a great businessman? Because everything points to him being a lousy one ex fleecing the city out of a stadium
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 11:24 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Same here, and more specifically, because my son and his step-brother will be there, both cheering for the Browns..
Sorry Sunset but that us just bad parenting there. 2 Browns fans. You may need reported to child protective service for that. Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 11:47 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Sorry Sunset but that us just bad parenting there. 2 Browns fans. You may need reported to child protective service for that. Wink

Not on me, his Mother's side is all Brown's fans.  As for CPS?  My current wife is a CPS investigator..   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote