Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing is breaking the Bengals way this season
Lost two games by 3 and one by 2, this season just feels really weird, last season a lot of things went in the Bengals favor, this year it seems like the opposite is happening, next Sunday doesn't get any easier because the Saints have a nasty pass rush...
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
You make your own luck.

In the 3 losses, they were outplayed. They just didn't steal the wins at the end.

Zac is 1 and something when trailing after 3.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You make your own luck.

In the 3 losses, they were outplayed. They just didn't steal the wins at the end.

Just doesn't appear to be the Bengals year, already 0-2 in the division is pretty rough too. I get there's still 12 games level but something looks off
Reply/Quote
I still maintain the Steelers game DID break our way, because the odds of you having a chance to kick an XP to win a game where you are -5 in turnover differential has got to be very low.

We were a decent snap away from winning a game we had no business winning, so I don't see how we can put that game in the bad luck column.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully someone convinces ownership that they have and will be laying out a ton of money for the players but that is all being pissed away because the coach is way in over his head.  Taylor’s learning curve, if he can ever get there (which I don’t think he can) is going to blow through the Super Bowl window Burrow and company have.  Ownership should just let Burrow, Chase, Higgins etc walk if they are going to waste it on Taylor.  
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I still maintain the Steelers game DID break our way, because the odds of you having a chance to kick an XP to win a game where you are -5 in turnover differential has got to be very low.

We were a decent snap away from winning a game we had no business winning, so I don't see how we can put that game in the bad luck column.

I don't understand how they managed only 17 points vs an atrocious pass defense this week
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You make your own luck.

It's like 1 - 32 I think when trailing entering the 4th quarter. He's complete garbage 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:15 AM)Trademark Wrote: I don't understand how they managed only 17 points vs an atrocious pass defense this week

I felt like this SHOULD have been another "get right" game for Burrow because even though it's a division rival on the road their pass defense would be bad enough to allow him to rack up some yads and TDs and that would propel him to his swaggery self.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I felt like this SHOULD have been another "get right" game for Burrow because even though it's a division rival on the road their pass defense would be bad enough to allow him to rack up some yads and TDs and that would propel him to his swaggery self.

He and Zac have been figured out.. They can't beat a simple cover 2...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:20 AM)Tony Wrote: He and Zac have been figured out.. They can't beat a simple cover 2...

Well I'm not an Xs and Os guy, but he looked good against the Jets and Dolphins.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well I'm not an Xs and Os guy, but he looked good against the Jets and Dolphins.

They don't play cover 2 and barley played it in game. Thays why...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:15 AM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Hopefully someone convinces ownership that they have and will be laying out a ton of money for the players but that is all being pissed away because the coach is way in over his head.  Taylor’s learning curve, if he can ever get there (which I don’t think he can) is going to blow through the Super Bowl window Burrow and company have.  Ownership should just let Burrow, Chase, Higgins etc walk if they are going to waste it on Taylor.  

It sucks to know Taylor is gonna waste all this talent. What coulda been. It's always something with this organization.. I'd just force my way out if I was Burrow , Chase or Higgins..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:52 AM)Trademark Wrote: Lost two games by 3 and one by 2, this season just feels really weird, last season a lot of things went in the Bengals favor, this year it seems like the opposite is happening, next Sunday doesn't get any easier because the Saints have a nasty pass rush...

The Bengals seem to be manufacturing their own bad luck this season. 

Hopefully they get that out of their system.

To be fair I accepted there was a fair chance to lose this game going in, but the way it happened is discouraging.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 12:54 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You make your own luck.

Bingo. Zac has no one to blame but himself especially for tonight. 

I just don't understand how a dude who makes millions for doing something he's supposed to be an expert at, is so incapable of making good decisions in such crucial moments. Or even decent decisions. I'm not sure how in command he was as to who called that stupid reverse play, but ZT is the head honcho and this ultimately falls on him.

I know I'm being a jerk but I'm so freaking mad and I'm so sick of ZT. Looking at it objectively, you can argue that making the Super Bowl long term may hold this team back a bit.

And I know I bring up LSU a lot, but this is exactly what happened with Orgeron. Wins a championship then shits the bed. Now look at us. Set the program back for what's probably going to be the worst 5-7 seasons we've had since the early 90s. That's Orgeron's fault. Too busy basking in the glory and taking pictures with naked girlfriends half his age and posting it online. But, at least he won. ZT makes the Super Bowl, loses, gets a big contract, and carte blanche for at least 2 seasons when the team could be developing. 

The dude is incompetent. 
Reply/Quote
Well.

If it is any consolation, nothing is breaking the Rams way either.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think Zac Taylor is the issue, and I expect the above post is a frustrated rant.

I looked at McVay as we lost a horrible game to Dallas. Same dude I looked at as we won the Super Bowl.

It’s easy to be mad. Feels good.

You all have a good team. For the long haul.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 01:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I still maintain the Steelers game DID break our way, because the odds of you having a chance to kick an XP to win a game where you are -5 in turnover differential has got to be very low.

Definitely. We were pretty lucky that the Steelers are so bad that we still had a shot in that game.

We haven't been unlucky this year, so I don't agree with the OP. To me, we've been great on defence, largely poor on offence, and have lost 3 close ones. 

I weirdly think that this has been the sign of a 'good' team so far... the Steelers game was a debacle, so no excuses for that. But we lost a nailbiter in Dallas, to a Cowboys team that may actually be pretty good, and we've just lost a nailbiter to a Ravens team who are also pretty decent. 

I don't think the Bengals offence is playing near to its best, but we are only a Extra Point (Steelers), Field Goal (Ravens) and an end of game FG drive (Dallas), from being 5-0. Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic, but if the offence can even play at 75% of last season, I still think we're a very scary team (for the league rather than scary for our own fans!).
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:18 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Bingo. Zac has no one to blame but himself especially for tonight. 

I just don't understand how a dude who makes millions for doing something he's supposed to be an expert at, is so incapable of making good decisions in such crucial moments. Or even decent decisions. I'm not sure how in command he was as to who called that stupid reverse play, but ZT is the head honcho and this ultimately falls on him.

I know I'm being a jerk but I'm so freaking mad and I'm so sick of ZT. Looking at it objectively, you can argue that making the Super Bowl long term may hold this team back a bit.

And I know I bring up LSU a lot, but this is exactly what happened with Orgeron. Wins a championship then shits the bed. Now look at us. Set the program back for what's probably going to be the worst 5-7 seasons we've had since the early 90s. That's Orgeron's fault. Too busy basking in the glory and taking pictures with naked girlfriends half his age and posting it online. But, at least he won. ZT makes the Super Bowl, loses, gets a big contract, and carte blanche for at least 2 seasons when the team could be developing. 

The dude is incompetent. 

I think blame is spread around,  I'm frustrated but I'm not blaming Zac for all our play , it is not just Zac that have regressed on offense, I'm frustrated also with Burrow,  his play action is non existent, he does not hold the LBs and seems to be able to audible well this year, Chase at times seems to be running slow and routes not crisp, Mixon too hesitant,  and our big FA signing tackle is inconsistent . A lot of blame to go around but ZT is HC and has to take the most blame followed by Burrow on offense.

With that said the the team has been able to stay in games so there is hope, saints and Falcons are winnable games to get use to 4-3 and in the hunt still  if our HC and star players start to raise the bar as a collective group.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 05:25 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think blame is spread around,  I'm frustrated bit I'm not blaming Zac for all our play , it is not just Zac that have regressed on offense, I'm frustrated also with Burrow,  his play action is non existent, he does not hold the LBs and how many delections did he have? Chase at times seems to be running slow and routes not crisp, Mixon too hesitant,  and our big FA signing tackle is inconsistent 

With that said the the team has been able to stay in games so there is hope, saints and Falcons are winnable games to get use to 4-3 and in the hunt still  if our HC and star players start to raise the bar as a collective group.

I don't know how winnable the Saints and Falcons games are, Cam Jordan is another dominant pass rusher and this team seems to struggle against those and Mariota is a mobile QB and this team seems to struggle against those too, also this team is winless against teams Dalton are on
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 05:29 AM)Trademark Wrote: I don't know how winnable the Saints and Falcons games are, Cam Jordan is another dominant pass rusher and this team seems to struggle against those and Mariota is a mobile QB and this team seems to struggle against those too, also this team is winless against teams Dalton are on

Both are winnable but not if our HC and QB don't raise the bar I could see 1-1" , the defense has let us down late but u can't expect them to hold teams to low 20s and under most every game. We need a full game from our offense .
Reply/Quote