Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing wrong with Hill
Hill will be fine, and the problem isnt our Line. They arent run blocking the greatest but i think there is more to it. Besides the Chargers look at the D lines we had to go up against. Hill is going to do much better vs the steelers. If we can bust a few loose that passing game is only going to get even better.
Reply/Quote
There's a lot of football to play. Over the course of the season ALL the RB's will be needed. 6-0 and a healthy Hill who has been a BEAST in the red zone ? I'll take that.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Hill may be a little more reluctant after the early fumbles? Even with his ypc down, he's still good and I'm not worried about it. He'll be fine.
Reply/Quote
I tend to subscribe to the theory that Jill cut his teeth running behind a fullback as a lead blocker, and learning how to do without that will take a little time. It'll happen, though. He's too talented to be stymied for long.
Reply/Quote
Seems like Hill just needs more carries to get back on track. Him getting a few here and there isn't going to help him get in a rhythm.

The problem is, we need production, and it's hard to justify giving Hill the bulk of the carries with Gio performing so well.
Reply/Quote
He seems tentative out there to me still.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Steelers have been very good against the run. In Pittsburgh, I wouldn't count on Hill doing "much better."
Reply/Quote
I forget who it was (Maybe Lapham) on 700 WLW said that Hill is not 100%. He has seen him "just" walking around PBS with a "hitch in his giddy-up". I personally can see it on the field. Maybe still coming back from the injury from the playoff game last year. Not sure just what I heard. I do not see that reckless style of running that I did last year.
Reply/Quote
For some reason he just looks slower to me than he did last year.
Reply/Quote
I don't know, Hill has had a few good runs and has looked great in short spurts, but he's been looking very lost in the backfield this season.

I know that if there were a Steelers or Ravens RB with 3 YPC that their fans were deeming the next Barry Sanders all offseason, we probably wouldn't be letting them hear the end of that. For that reason, I can't pretend that Hill has been anything but disappointing thus far, and I definitely have concerns that he may not be the next great RB of the future that many pegged him as.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure what to make of it. He doesn't seem to have that flash like he did late in the year. I'd say it's a line problem, but Hill's strength is between the tackles and Bernard leads the NFL in yards between the tackles.

Then again, we're 6-0. Maybe it's a good thing that Hill hasn't been used as much, barring he can get healthy and really get it done the second half of the year.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 10:54 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I don't know, Hill has had a few good runs and has looked great in short spurts, but he's been looking very lost in the backfield this season.

I know that if there were a Steelers or Ravens RB with 3 YPC that their fans were deeming the next Barry Sanders all offseason, we probably wouldn't be letting them hear the end of that. For that reason, I can't pretend that Hill has been anything but disappointing thus far, and I definitely have concerns that he may not be the next great RB of the future that many pegged him as.

I think he's #2 in TD scored right now.  He hasn't gotten the best blocking on a lot of his runs to date.  Dude is a stud.  I wouldn't be worried about him at this point.  
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:25 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I think he's #2 in TD scored right now.  He hasn't gotten the best blocking on a lot of his runs to date.  Dude is a stud.  I wouldn't be worried about him at this point.  

Yes, he has a few rushing TDs.

I'd be super interested to see your analysis if he wasn't one of your favorite players on your favorite team. I can't recall the last time I heard a guy rushing for right around 3 YPC be considered a "stud".

Sucks, but maybe our fan base overrated Hill a bit? He hasn't been amazing this year and I think he was prematurely deemed a top 5 back in the league. Will he be better than this in the future? Probably, but he isn't playing very well right now and there's no debating that. Too bad for Duke Johnson or Andre Williams that they didn't get fed the ball for a few more goal line TDs this year, just to think, they could have been in "stud" status by Bengals fans!
Reply/Quote
Oh God I'm just sitting here waiting for Ahmad to come in here, surprised he hasn't flooded this thread yet.

As for Hill, I heard he has some sort of injury that's messing with his running. Even so Gio blew up his rookie year and fell off year two now look at him. As long as one of them is play lights out every game we'll be fine.
Reply/Quote
You could spell my name right first. I already made my post(s), I'm not sure why you call 48th out of 52 in YPC a stud either, but to each their own. I like stats, you guys like something else...

Hill's use this year is to give Gio a break. Hill might be injured, who knows. Gio fell off because he was injured...how soon you forget.

Pretty apparent I'm not the only "fan" in this forum who thinks Hill isn't up to snuff so far this year. Realism vs. Optimism, I know it's tough when you're just a fan.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He is trying to shimmy and shake guys too much. He needs to stick his foot in the ground and go. Go back and watch, a majority of his runs he spends too much time getting to the hole rather than hitting the hole hard and then making someone miss in the hole. There is nothing wrong with running over guys, but you have to have a head of steam when you hit the line to do that. Stop thinking and just run!
Reply/Quote
Bengals are 6-0, so Jeremy is doing great!

Everyone plays their part, and no one deserves more than others. Jeremy gets his touches as do the rest of the team. Everything is fine.
Reply/Quote
Hill is the one part of this offense that looks shaky so far this year. I hear people say it's the fault of the offensive line, but I don't buy that... they can block for Gio, but not for him? He could be hurt, he could be worried about fumbles, or he could not like splitting time with Hill... I do remember that he always seemed to get stronger as the game went on last year. It seemed like the third and fourth quarters were when he really got into a rhythm.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:34 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Yes, he has a few rushing TDs.

I'd be super interested to see your analysis if he wasn't one of your favorite players on your favorite team. I can't recall the last time I heard a guy rushing for right around 3 YPC be considered a "stud".

Sucks, but maybe our fan base overrated Hill a bit? He hasn't been amazing this year and I think he was prematurely deemed a top 5 back in the league. Will he be better than this in the future? Probably, but he isn't playing very well right now and there's no debating that. Too bad for Duke Johnson or Andre Williams that they didn't get fed the ball for a few more goal line TDs this year, just to think, they could have been in "stud" status by Bengals fans!

Just like Dalton, Hill's done enough in my book to warrant patience.  It helps the guy is tied for second in TDs scored with 6 this season (Eifert too).  Get back at me at the end of the season...
Reply/Quote
It's because, for one, we're running too much from the shotgun, whereas Hill's strength is just to get the ball going downhill and make cuts as he goes.

Second, we haven't given him enough carries since his game with two fumbles to get into any sort of rhythm.

If we put Dalton under center and make him our big dog again, he'll produce.
Reply/Quote