Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing wrong with Hill
(10-21-2015, 09:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Completely and utterly false, as I pointed out in the other thread.

Not false at all.

The stats prove you are wrong.

You just don't realize that your opinion is not a fact.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The way we're running him now, he has to juke and dance to find holes.  He needs to run laterally, then turn upfield, try and squeeze into a hole, and then make more moves to make defenders miss because he's not just running full speed where one cut and he's gone.

This is not true at all.  Many times he is given the ball and his best option is to explode straight into the hole.  Just because a runner is getting the ball in the shotgun formation it does mean that he has to dance and juke instead of exploding into the hole.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not false at all.

The stats prove you are wrong.

You just don't realize that your opinion is not a fact.

Actually, Brad brought up a point recently that would make quite a bit of sense.

Hill had runs of 60, 62, and 85 last year. Do you happen to have the data on whether those came from the shotgun formation or not?

Let's say that the 85 came out of the shotgun. That would mean that if you take that single run out, his YPC would drop all the way down to under 5 YPC from 6.12. Whenever you only have 63 runs in a split, a big run can GREATLY skew the data. This could actually mean that Hill was general less effective out of the shotgun formation, assuming that someone breaks everything down.

Basically, the stats don't really prove that he's wrong unless you can provide more in-depth statistics. Last year in a Bernard vs Hill argument, I went play-by-play and showed that Bernard didn't get stopped for 0-2 yard carries on a much more regular basis than Hill, despite what everyone has been saying. I doubt anyone cares enough about this to do all of the work, but it would be awesome to see if someone has a bunch of time today.
Reply/Quote