Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noticed something interesting..
While watching a Bengals highlight video, I noticed something interesting.

The last two pass plays of both the Chiefs and Rams games were the exact same play.

The 2nd and 8 play to Higgins in OT to lock up a first down for the McPherson field goal:
https://youtu.be/iGixNtktzBQ?t=173

The 4th down play against the Rams that we lost the game on:
https://youtu.be/4x4MND-Rhrc?t=917

Slants to Higgins where Uzi goes out into the flat on the left side. The exact same play.

You can see in the second video that the defender had an idea, especially with the way that he lays off on Uzi and disrupts the Higgins slant.

I'm not sure really what this means, I just found it interesting. It'd also be interesting to see if they ran this same play in other crucial situations during the season. Hopefully it's not a tendency or something.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I sent Joe Goodberry the same thing, and this was his response:

Goodberry
@JoeGoodberry
Replying to
@harp415
They ran it all season long in those situations. Rams knew exactly what was coming.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Must be our most surefire bread and butter play.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 03:59 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I sent Joe Goodberry the same thing, and this was his response:

Goodberry
@JoeGoodberry
Replying to
@harp415
They ran it all season long in those situations. Rams knew exactly what was coming.

like i said in your rep message..

Went to the well 1 to many times
Reply/Quote
Need to change things up, no good when Defenses know whats coming on the last play of the game.

Just another thing for Zac, Brian, Joe and company to learn from in the Offseason.
Reply/Quote
But with the rush not getting to burrow, can they really defend it?
Reply/Quote
Mcvay said he knew the game was over when he saw Burrow line up in shotgun. He meant aaron was going to end it, but I think they also knew the playcall.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 05:55 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: But with the rush not getting to burrow, can they really defend it?

That is the question. Maybe not.
Reply/Quote
I'd have to dig it up, but the linebacker who was supposed to clear with CJ told MMQB that he knew what was coming.
Reply/Quote
https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/02/21/mmqb-raheem-morris-rams-defensive-coordinator-breaks-down-super-bowl-lvi

Scroll down to Play #5
Reply/Quote
They knew it was coming and still left CJ wide open if Burrow would’ve gotten more than 1 second to throw.

The play is meant to stretch out the D and isolate certain defenders which we did do on the play VS the Rams. We isolated the guy on the left and he would’ve had to pick between Tee or the flat. If he shaded over too far left Tee is wide open and if he takes Tee Uzo was wide open.

Great play setup just had no time to throw.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 06:57 PM)Housh Wrote: They knew it was coming and still left CJ wide open if Burrow would’ve gotten more than 1 second to throw.

The play is meant to stretch out the D and isolate certain defenders which we did do on the play VS the Rams. We isolated the guy on the left and he would’ve had to pick between Tee or the flat. If he shaded over too far left Tee is wide open and if he takes Tee Uzo was wide open.

Tee was held and so was Boyd…and not that BS fake holding they called against Logan Wilson but legit holding. Burrow had time for that throw and pulled it down. Trey blocked air and Spain got beat by Donald and the rest is history. Guys like Adeniji, Trey, Spain, Prince had their opportunity to get a ring and couldn’t step up. Won’t be sad to see any of them gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 01:32 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Tee was held and so was Boyd…and not that BS fake holding they called against Logan Wilson but legit holding. Burrow had time for that throw and pulled it down. Trey blocked air and Spain got beat by Donald and the rest is history. Guys like Adeniji, Trey, Spain, Prince had their opportunity to get a ring and couldn’t step up. Won’t be sad to see any of them gone.

Had we won the SB, would our OL been overhauled to the extent it is now?
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Idk how any of you can watch plays from that Super Bowl yet. It still just way too painful for me. Freddie Coleman brought up the phantom hold on Wilson on ESPN radio last night, and my heart sank a bit.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 04:35 AM)SladeX Wrote: Had we won the SB, would our OL been overhauled to the extent it is now?

Probably not.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 06:57 PM)Housh Wrote: They knew it was coming and still left CJ wide open if Burrow would’ve gotten more than 1 second to throw.

It’s called Mano-a-mano. Tee was open and he’s tough to be guarded even if covered. Teams since Sammy Baugh’s days go with their best play in critical moments.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 06:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk how any of you can watch plays from that Super Bowl yet. It still just way too painful for me. Freddie Coleman brought up the phantom hold on Wilson on ESPN radio last night, and my heart sank a bit.

IMO it wasn't a phantom hold. There was def something there, but it wasn't worth calling...especially in that point in the game and especially when they didn't call any other penalties literally the entire game. 
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 04:35 AM)SladeX Wrote: Had we won the SB, would our OL been overhauled to the extent it is now?

Yes, 100%. 70 sacks is 70 sacks. I cannot think of 1 instance where a sack ended up being fortuitous for us. I can only imagine how much easier of a path to the SB and victory it would have been if we had this line last year.

This free agency has been absolutely wild like nothing I’ve seen. I think that it’s a knee jerk reaction to a couple things…the Rams way of building a team and Bengals success, but not limited to these two.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 10:24 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: IMO it wasn't a phantom hold. There was def something there, but it wasn't worth calling...especially in that point in the game and especially when they didn't call any other penalties literally the entire game. 

His words, not mine.

Reply/Quote