Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notre Dame Cathedral
(04-16-2019, 02:49 PM)hollodero Wrote: In "European", right... Amore mio! Audio! Mi parlo bellissimo Europiano! Mi no soi Americano ignoranto!  Cool

But I suppose you'd just rather woo our women then to tell yours to lose some weight. Therefore, I do regard you as a women thief of sorts. Like Trump.

As for Notre Dame, two Serbian newspapers called it God's revenge for having a flag of Kosovo there. Which sounds legit.

Sorry, dude. But those pre-MacDonalds thin womens you have over there are totally the bomb! Plus, if you speak a little Eurpoean to them, they are so grateful and impressed that you took the time to learn a little of their language and culture! Even the Aussie women where you are at!
You just hit them with a phrase like: "Entschuldigung, Fräulein. Wie geht es den Kängurus hier?"

ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(04-16-2019, 03:35 PM)Dill Wrote: No. That one is Chinese.   ThumbsUp

I'll bet you that Glenn Beck could get you a good deal on a Chinese wife. I think you have to buy in bulk, however.
(04-16-2019, 03:59 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Sorry, dude. But those pre-MacDonalds thin womens you have over there are totally the bomb!

Womens.
Seems like you can also impress them with your little English.

And yeah they are the bomb. If they weren't, I'd have no issue with Americans taking them away from us. But you take our bombs! And what are we supposed to do now, go asian "womens" to fill the gap? Really. They are four foot high and look like 16 until their thirties, when they suddenly look 78. That's no alternative. Leave us our home-bred bombs! And sit yours on an exercise bike...

(04-16-2019, 03:59 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Plus, if you speak a little Eurpoean to them, they are so grateful and impressed that you took the time to learn a little of their language and culture! Even the Aussie women where you are at!
You just hit them with a phrase like: "Entschuldigung, Fräulein. Wie geht es den Kängurus hier?"

Nah, they are not grateful. They just mistake ignorance and a complete lack of manners with being manly and brave. "Oh, he's such a free spirit..." Nah, he's just full of overblown self-confidence like all Americans.... but they don't get that.
And sure, kangaroos are our weak spot. The way you just asked that so sweetly, I almost fell for you for a second. Btw. they are all fine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-16-2019, 06:48 PM)hollodero Wrote: Womens.
Seems like you can also impress them with your little English.

And yeah they are the bomb. If they weren't, I'd have no issue with Americans taking them away from us. But you take our bombs! And what are we supposed to do now, go asian "womens" to fill the gap? Really. They are four foot high and look like 16 until their thirties, when they suddenly look 78. That's no alternative. Leave us our home-bred bombs! And sit yours on an exercise bike...

Nah, they are not grateful. They just mistake ignorance and a complete lack of manners with being manly and brave. "Oh, he's such a free spirit..." Nah, he's just full of overblown self-confidence like all Americans.... but they don't get that.
And sure, kangaroos are our weak spot. The way you just asked that so sweetly, I almost fell for you for a second. Btw. they are all fine.

Maybe our obese womens (and mens) would be interested in you European mens?

You know what they say here, "Once you go fat... you get fatter!"
(04-16-2019, 06:55 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Maybe our obese womens (and mens) would be interested in you European mens?

You know what they say here, "Once you go fat... you get fatter!"

Well, probably they would, I guess "you're not as fat as your friends" is America's most successful pickup line. But who wants to find out? We're not out for first ascenting your mountainesque females. It's how we say, once you go fat you're socially dead.
(04-16-2019, 07:01 PM)hollodero Wrote: Well, probably they would, I guess "you're not as fat as your friends" is America's most successful pickup line. But who wants to find out? We're not out for first ascenting your mountainesque females. It's how we say, once you go fat you're socially dead.

This is why our forefathers came here, plenty of room to 'grow'! And because we are so fat, we are anti-social and can't live in cramped cities the way you Europeans do. But, be that as it may, your women-folk actually want to come here and get fat with us! After a few years, they develop Southern accents, eat bacon and corn syrup non-stop, and complain about how "those Euros" don't have freedom like we do.

Oh... and they also start talking about how this is their "natural size" and "Why can't people love me for who I really am?!?!?"
(04-16-2019, 02:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I stand corrected.  Glenn Beck and his faithful follower in the southwest.  

And the first guy FOX interviewed and now most of the conspiracy theory sites.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/notre-dame-cathedral-fire-conspiracy-theories_n_5cb4ce57e4b098b9a2d825c7

To be fair Smith tried to end it but guys like this loser jump right into the conspiracies and then you can't stop it from spreading.  (Beck)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-16-2019, 07:58 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: This is why our forefathers came here, plenty of room to 'grow'! And because we are so fat, we are anti-social and can't live in cramped cities the way you Europeans do. But, be that as it may, your women-folk actually want to come here and get fat with us! After a few years, they develop Southern accents, eat bacon and corn syrup non-stop, and complain about how "those Euros" don't have freedom like we do.

Oh... and they also start talking about how this is their "natural size" and "Why can't people love me for who I really am?!?!?"

So basically you take our women and then turn them into one of yours anyway. What a gleeful, pointless act.
(04-17-2019, 10:02 AM)hollodero Wrote: So basically you take our women and then turn them into one of yours anyway. What a gleeful, pointless act.

They can put that on the US tombstone.  Smirk
(04-17-2019, 10:02 AM)hollodero Wrote: So basically you take our women and then turn them into one of yours anyway. What a gleeful, pointless act.

There's always more.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-17-2019, 09:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: And the first guy FOX interviewed and now most of the conspiracy theory sites.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/notre-dame-cathedral-fire-conspiracy-theories_n_5cb4ce57e4b098b9a2d825c7

To be fair Smith tried to end it but guys like this loser jump right into the conspiracies and then you can't stop it from spreading.  (Beck)

Here's the thing.  If a muslim did start the fire intentionally I could absolutely see the French government suppressing the information.  France is already a powder keg and has been dealing with violent protests to varying degrees for months.  The revelation that a muslim set this fire intentionally would be pouring gasoline on a finally somewhat smoldering fire.

All that being said, the mere fact that someone has advanced this theory, which was sadly inevitable, means there is a not insignificant number of people who will believe this is exactly what happened.  The best thing for the French government to do would be to be utterly transparent on this topic once the investigation is concluded.
(04-17-2019, 10:44 AM)michaelsean Wrote: There's always more.

Yep.

(04-17-2019, 01:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here's the thing.  If a muslim did start the fire intentionally I could absolutely see the French government suppressing the information.  France is already a powder keg and has been dealing with violent protests to varying degrees for months.  The revelation that a muslim set this fire intentionally would be pouring gasoline on a finally somewhat smoldering fire.

All that being said, the mere fact that someone has advanced this theory, which was sadly inevitable, means there is a not insignificant number of people who will believe this is exactly what happened.  The best thing for the French government to do would be to be utterly transparent on this topic once the investigation is concluded.

And this line of thought is how conspiracy theories gain a foothold and stay out there.  There's just enough "ifs" to make it possible no matter when it starts or what it is about or how likely it really it is.

It is also why when people post ugly things about a group and try to tie all members of that group to it it is wrong and dangerous.  It feeds the "sadly inevitable" conclusion that "they" did it on purpose to "us"...long before we have any investigating done.
(04-17-2019, 01:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: And this line of thought is how conspiracy theories gain a foothold and stay out there.  There's just enough "ifs" to make it possible no matter when it starts or what it is about or how likely it really it is.

Sure, which is exactly what I was pointing out.

Quote:It is also why when people post ugly things about a group and try to tie all members of that group to it it is wrong and dangerous.  It feeds the "sadly inevitable" conclusion that "they" did it on purpose to "us"...long before we have any investigating done.

Well, there are plenty of people trying to encourage this and we seem, as a world, only too happy to comply.
(04-17-2019, 01:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here's the thing.  If a muslim did start the fire intentionally I could absolutely see the French government suppressing the information. 

I can't see that ever happening because if the fire was started by Muslims as a terrorist act they would be coming forth to make sure everyone knows.  Terrorism does not work if you keep it a secret.

Since France knows this they would not try to suppress the information.  They know it would make them look very bad when the Muslims came forward.
(04-17-2019, 01:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here's the thing.  If a muslim did start the fire intentionally I could absolutely see the French government suppressing the information.  France is already a powder keg and has been dealing with violent protests to varying degrees for months.  The revelation that a muslim set this fire intentionally would be pouring gasoline on a finally somewhat smoldering fire.

(04-17-2019, 01:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: And this line of thought is how conspiracy theories gain a foothold and stay out there.  There's just enough "ifs" to make it possible no matter when it starts or what it is about or how likely it really it is.

The day of the fire I saw a number of videos showing Muslims cheering and applauding from rooftops around the Seine. But friends tell me the fire was set by a Dutch guy named Marinus Van der Lubbe.  So who can be sure?

A lot of friends died in that fire, so I feel like I have a stake in any theories about what really happened. 
One of America's best (at what I have no idea) speaks up!

(04-17-2019, 04:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't see that ever happening because if the fire was started by Muslims as a terrorist act they would be coming forth to make sure everyone knows.  Terrorism does not work if you keep it a secret.

I agree.

Quote:Since France knows this they would not try to suppress the information.  They know it would make them look very bad when the Muslims came forward.

If it was a terrorist organization yes, but I didn't say a terrorist organization.

(04-17-2019, 05:37 PM)Dill Wrote: The day of the fire I saw a number of videos showing Muslims cheering and applauding from rooftops around the Seine. But friends tell me the fire was set by a Dutch guy named Marinus Van der Lubbe.  So who can be sure?

A lot of friends died in that fire, so I feel like I have a stake in any theories about what really happened. 

I concur.

When they get like that, we then divorce them and take a trip back to Europe to get a new thin womens!
Of course a Cincinnati Councilwoman had to tweet this:

https://local12.com/news/local/cincinnati-councilwoman-on-notre-dame-fire-this-is-a-prime-example-of-privilege

sighs
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(04-18-2019, 10:53 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Of course a Cincinnati Councilwoman had to tweet this:

https://local12.com/news/local/cincinnati-councilwoman-on-notre-dame-fire-this-is-a-prime-example-of-privilege

sighs

Actually, I have read The Invisible Man.  Don't want to dismiss that work at all, but it's relevance is not quite the same today, after a two-term black president.  I agree that in many ways, black people still are invisible.

And I do think there is something called "white privilege," but my sense is that the world's interest in Notre Dame has something to do with its historical and cultural centrality. It is a world heritage site in the same sense that Angkor Wat and the pyramids are.

The burning of black churches in Lousiana is a serious political and social issue, I think, but the loss of Notre Dame and these churches is not forcing an either/or choice upon us about which to mourn.