Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now 0-7 doesn’t seem so bad.
(01-06-2018, 10:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 0-7 sounds horrible, and it is. But, what people tend to forget is that in 2011 and 2012 were Dalton and Green's first and second year in the league, after the Palmer debacle. We really had no business being in the playoffs, and they over achieved to get there.  And they got beat by the Texans. 2013 was the year they really crapped the bed and lost to a Chargers team they should have easily beaten. 2014 against the Colts, the team was thoroughly decimated by injuries and we had running backs playing receiver. And then there was the Pittsburgh debacle in 2015. So when you look at the individual games losses in the Dalton era, it's not as bad as it sounds....

I'm not really arguing here.

The year they played the Colts the had no chance.

You put all of the rest together though...

Offense set records for ineptness.

All other areas including defense that ranked high in the regular season were neutralized.

It wasn't just young players.  They got massively outcoached.

Even going into the halftime close or ahead they slipped into the abyss.

Yet we still retain a head coach that tells us second half adjustments are a myth.

The only real myth is the second half adjustments should be prepared prior to actual halftime.

It's not like they go in there and scurry things together.

Perhaps solidify what has been assessed.

Somebody send Marvin the damn memo !!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
At least 0-0 has a legitimate excuse - team is not that good.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 10:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah, sorry. 0-7 is still worse. 

(01-07-2018, 12:09 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: No, I think 0-6 at HOME is worse then 0-4 at HOME and 0-3 away.

0-fer is still 0-fer, no matter how you look at it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well, we might be 0-7 in the playoffs, but Whit is 0-8 in the playoffs...... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 11:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, we might be 0-7 in the playoffs, but Whit is 0-8 in the playoffs...... Ninja

He wasn't here in '05.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 11:56 AM)McC Wrote: He wasn't here in '05.

Spoiler...
Reply/Quote
This morning I was going to make a thread "Bengals west," because yesterday's Chief's loss was so much like something that would happen to the Bengals, complete with a tight end getting knocked out of the game, the kicker missing a make-able field and the offense playing maybe five minutes of the second half. There were also a few bad referee calls although one or two went to the Chief's favor. It was really kind of eerie.

Sled21's assessment of the Bengal's playoff appearances from 2011 through 2015 was interesting. For the game against the Texans after the 2012 season, the Bengals were one A.J. catch away from stealing a win. The Chargers game the following year was divine retribution for the "Freezer Bowl." The Steelers loss after 2015 made me want to vomit.

Today it's going to be interesting to see if the Bill's do anything with Andy's gift. But whoever wins today, I would really like to see an upset next week and something other than a choreographed AFC playoff game and scripted Super Bowl. But I also would really like to be rich and have a house with servants, but we'll see.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 10:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I blame Marvin for the Chief's loss.

Now you're talking...   Andy Reid will get a 2 year extension now. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 10:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: LOL... of those 5 games, they realistically should have won 2 of them. "And if we are going to indict the Bengals, then don't we have to indict the whole NFL?? And if we Indict the NFL, isn't that the same as indicting the whole US of A? Well, I don't know about you, but I'm not about to sit here and listen to you run down the USA.... let's go....

The nfl playoffs, anything can happen once you get in...unless you're the Bengals. The Bengals aren't supposed to win. 

Not even in 2011 when we faced a 3rd string rookie QB. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 03:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The nfl playoffs, anything can happen once you get in...unless you're the Bengals. The Bengals aren't supposed to win. 

But that doesn't stop the Lewis/Brown train moving forward. Nothing or no catastrophe will stop this dynamic duo from...well producing mediocre football.
Reply/Quote
I'm a follower of the game as well as being a fan of the Bengals. With game management play calling and clock decisions late in games over the years for Reid with Eagles now with Chiefs. This a special kind of coach that literally makes Marvin look like a genius and I consider Marvin below average theirs that. not to many coaches match the ineptitude and consistency of bad clock management like 1 ANDY REID!!!!!! LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 03:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The nfl playoffs, anything can happen once you get in...unless you're the Bengals. The Bengals aren't supposed to win. 

Rookie QB, but also an Arian Foster in his prime along with Ben Tate pounding the rock....
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 11:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, I have never seen a whole team come out as flat as they did that day..... from offense to defense to the water guys....

You must have missed the other 6 playoff games.

To the OP: I'm not sure how 0 is better than 0 (and why are we ignoring the Chiefs road playoff win?), and I don't find myself looking at the Chiefs and thinking "you think we have it bad? Looks at those poor bastards!"

The Bills, Browns and Lions are the only teams that have anything on us. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 07:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Rookie QB, but also an Arian Foster in his prime along with Ben Tate pounding the rock....

...and we had AJ Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Nelson, Leon, Pacman and a better QB. Not sure why we look to excuse all these losses. If I'm not mistaken, we were favored in many of these games, and even if we weren't, teams win when they aren't favored. Vegas isn't 100%.

Out of 7 games, we should've accidentally won a game or two. There is no excuse for 0-7. It's pathetic. End of story.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 07:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Rookie QB, but also an Arian Foster in his prime along with Ben Tate pounding the rock....

Meh, almost every year a team that wasn't supposed to win in the playoffs wins...it's just never us when we aren't supposed to win BUT it can be the team that wasn't supposed to even be in the playoffs when they do play us.  It's amazing.

2005 - Palmer got hurt, weren't supposed to win after that
2009 - Palmer and Chad are stinky DIVAs who never win
2011 - we weren't supposed to win, apparently.  Can't be expected to beat TJ Yates
2012 - we weren't supposed to win because we aren't the type of 6 seed that can win
2013 - we lost to a team that wasn't supposed to win, ok this one is on us
2014 - too many injuries to win
2015 - can't beat the Steelers, the NFL is rigged in their favor

So really, Marvin Lewis is more like 0-1 in the playoffs when you think about it.  I mean, we just saw a Titans team that wasn't supposed to be in the playoffs go on the road and win...but we couldn't just win one of those types of games once in 6 tries.  Ouch. Like I said, anything can happen once you make the playoffs (as evidenced by both 7-9 teams that made it winning their opening game), unless you are the Bengals. We lose when we're supposed to lose and lose when we're supposed to win as long as it's the post-season.
Reply/Quote