Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now Pryor wants to be a WR
I wonder if Pryor tried out at WR before he was cut here? I heard earlier today his agent says he is willing to play WR.

Or is he just so desperate to sign with an NFL team this year that he is finally willing to play the position that he should have the whole time he was in the NFL, which is WR.

Thoughts?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Pryor has stated before that if he wouldn't change positions. That changed after he was cut.

We would have heard from some reporter if Pryor was trying out for WR while still here. The staff probably assumed he wasn't getting the playbook down, or McCarron was separating himself from everyone else.

I wouldn't waste a roster spot on Pryor. Whether at QB or WR. Too much talent on this roster.
Reply/Quote
Though I don't feel like Pryor has what it takes to be a starting QB, I certainly see the value of having him on a team, as an athlete.

We all saw that he's got the speed to compete with NFL competition. (that highlight of him running coast to coast on the Steelers)  So, if he can make the roster (of any team), as a WR.  I would think that an OC could find creative ways to get him the ball 5-6 times per game.

And, of course he previously did not want to be anything than a QB.  Even backup QBs get paid much better than 5th or 6th WRs...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It takes more than just size and speed to be a good WR, but Pryor is a very versatile athlete. He was an elite basketball player in high school as well as a great QB. Plus playing QB really helps a player to understand what a WR has to do. So even though Pryor is a project at WR it is nothing like taking a track guy or a basketball player who has not been playing football and turning him into a WR.

I like the guys chances. He is still at least a year away from playing WR on anything close to the NFL level. But if guys like Drew bennett and Matt jones can do it then i am sure Pryor can.

The ultimate irony would be if he ended up playing WR in Miami and catching passes from Tannehill.
Reply/Quote
he'd be a better TE just for match up purposes.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2015, 02:47 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: he'd be a better TE just for match up purposes.

But can he block well enough to be a TE? 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Heck, he should camp out at Cleveland and just wait for J Football to get bounced to some Italian team. ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Can he return punts and kickoffs?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Don't most NFL players look for a career change after being cut from 3 teams in 3 years?
Reply/Quote
He's got the size of a TE. He seems determined to be playing somewhere in the NFL on gameday. Never know, he could be the next Shannon Sharpe...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
If he plays WR he will probably lose some weight.

I don't see him playing TE.
Reply/Quote
He illegally posted videos of our mini camps on Twitter ehhhhh why would anyone want him and I heard Cleveland was looking into him
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 05:41 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: He illegally posted videos of our mini camps on Twitter ehhhhh why would anyone want him and I heard Cleveland was looking into him

Cleveland did claim him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2015, 05:52 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Cleveland did claim him.

probly hoping he has more videos on his phone or something...

As of last year he said he didnt know how to catch... which last i heard was an important factor for WRs not being drafted by Al Davis
Reply/Quote
Seems Pryor has left town with a bang !

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/terrelle-pryor-moves-to-receiver--upsets-bengals--gets-picked-up-by-browns-210159503.html
Reply/Quote
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13130956/terrelle-pryor-upsets-cincinnati-bengals-posting-minicamp-practice-videos-twitter

There's another link with some quotes from a Bengals' team source.

Not only is Pryor an awful quarterback, but it turns out that he's a douche bag too!
Reply/Quote
Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall ever seeing Pryor attempt to catch a pass.

If he was to say he's trying to be a RB, I'd have some faith, but just because Pryor is tall and fast doesn't mean he'll ever be a WR. He needs to be able to catch passes consistently. That's something that remains to be seen.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 09:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall ever seeing Pryor attempt to catch a pass.

If he was to say he's trying to be a RB, I'd have some faith, but just because Pryor is tall and fast doesn't mean he'll ever be a WR. He needs to be able to catch passes consistently. That's something that remains to be seen.

Meh, it's Jungle Noise.

Did he go to Florida State University? If so, what a freakin' bum!

Did he go to THE Ohio State University??

HERE COMES SHANNON SHARPE, WATCH OUT!
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 09:59 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Meh, it's Jungle Noise.

Did he go to Florida State University? If so, what a freakin' bum!

James Wilder Jr, was a back up at FSU and he is getting ridiculous love around here.

Your delusions of persecution at the hands of homers in becoming comical.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 10:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: James Wilder Jr, was a back up at FSU and he is getting ridiculous love around here.

Your delusions of persecution at the hands of homers in becoming comical.

Watch out, another joke clearly going over Fred's head.

Honestly, why do you take tongue-in-cheek posts so seriously? You on the rag, bro?

For the record, I used FSU as a random school, I obviously didn't mean that JN has it out for guys from FSU. I used the Shannon Sharpe reference because somebody actually made that comment in this thread. If you don't believe me, look up!
Reply/Quote