Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now Pryor wants to be a WR
(06-22-2015, 01:47 AM)CINwillWIN Wrote: He's got the size of a TE. He seems determined to be playing somewhere in the NFL on gameday. Never know, he could be the next Shannon Sharpe...

It's possible a guy who was a lousy QB and then decided to be a WR to get one last grasp at NFL relevance (and it work...insofar as being at training camp for the Browns is being in the NFL) could be a HOF-caliber TE and score 8 Pro Bowls and 3 Super Bowl ri......wait, I'd love to finish this post, but Bigfoot just walked into my house!!!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 10:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's possible a guy who was a lousy QB and then decided to be a WR to get one last grasp at NFL relevance (and it work...insofar as being at training camp for the Browns is being in the NFL) could be a HOF-caliber TE and score 8 Pro Bowls and 3 Super Bowl ri......wait, I'd love to finish this post, but Bigfoot just walked into my house!!!!!

HOMER PERSECUTION!!!!! YOU *****!!!!!! LOSER!!!!!!

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 10:34 AM)djs7685 Wrote: HOMER PERSECUTION!!!!! YOU *****!!!!!! LOSER!!!!!!

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, let's just say he DOES make the Browns as a WR (or TE...why not, right?).  I hope he plays like Shannon Sharpe, meets Sterling Sharpe, meets the Phantom in the Park when he plays the Steelers.  Fair enough?
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 11:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, let's just say he DOES make the Browns as a WR (or TE...why not, right?).  I hope he plays like Shannon Sharpe, meets Sterling Sharpe, meets the Phantom in the Park when he plays the Steelers.  Fair enough?

ThumbsUp

I just find it funny when I get bashed for "homer persecution" even though I'm making a harmless joke about something that absolutely DOES happen on a regular basis around here.

Some of the more sensitive folks should probably not get mad about it unless they're feeling insecure that they might be overly homing themselves.

We have a guy pointing out how a failed QB that wants to try playing WR for the Stains could potentially be the next Shannon Sharpe, but I'm the dumbass for making a joke about it.

I can't even words right now.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 11:33 AM)djs7685 Wrote: ThumbsUp

I just find it funny when I get bashed for "homer persecution" even though I'm making a harmless joke about something that absolutely DOES happen on a regular basis around here.

Some of the more sensitive folks should probably not get mad about it unless they're feeling insecure that they might be overly homing themselves.

We have a guy pointing out how a failed QB that wants to try playing WR for the Stains could potentially be the next Shannon Sharpe, but I'm the dumbass for making a joke about it.

I can't even words right now.

Over-valuing what people MIGHT DO comes down to simply FOMO, or fear of missing out; it's why young women stick with the guy who plays the guitar over the one who gets straight A's in his accounting classes. Sure, accounting is nice, but the guy with the guitar might TOTALLY become a rock star, and you'd HATE to miss out on that, right?  The odds of Pryor deciding to be a WR out of desperation to keep a job in the NFL and then actually being able to compete against the top secondaries assembled on earth (most of which have been focused on stopping WRs at various levels for decades) just seems unlikely.

But, we can say "Hey, he might be awesome at it" and if he is we can be all like "Yeaaaa I saw this coming, I knew!" and if he isn't we just sort of say "Meh, you never know!"  No, that's a cop out!  You have to "know" in some cases, don't you?  Everyone is so afraid of being wrong and "missing out" but no one is afraid to back a bad bet (because there is nothing on the line for us), which is why people saying things like "we know what we have in QB1...they should put in QB2 to see what he has...he could be AWESOME!!!" is just fluff.

I've jokingly decided to become the most biased McCarron homer because I can scream at the top of my lungs that we should ditch Dalton because McCarron COULD be awesome, and it means nothing.  No accountability is a beautiful thing! I have to admit that it is rather fun to just revel in the lack of accountability of such fandom.  A friend of mine is a Steelers fan (a fair-weathered and stupid one) and all he has ever wanted for the past decade or so is for the Steelers to bench Ben and play Letwich or Dixon (no, my friend isn't black) for some reason.

I envy that he can boast about 2 Super Bowls all while neglecting to mention that he wanted the Steelers to get rid of one of their best players the entire time.  You know why?  Because I can't prove that Leftwich and Dixion couldn't have done it too, OR won MORE than Ben.  Bah....it's wacky.  Ok, generic rant-mode off.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 10:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's possible a guy who was a lousy QB and then decided to be a WR to get one last grasp at NFL relevance (and it work...insofar as being at training camp for the Browns is being in the NFL) could be a HOF-caliber TE and score 8 Pro Bowls and 3 Super Bowl ri......wait, I'd love to finish this post, but Bigfoot just walked into my house!!!!!

Did he at least bring some Beef Jerky?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 10:29 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Watch out, another joke clearly going over Fred's head.

Honestly, why do you take tongue-in-cheek posts so seriously? You on the rag, bro?

The fact that you use extreme exaggeration does not mean that you are not trying to make a point.

So when you try and make a stupid point I am going to call you on it.  You can't hide your stupidity behind claims that you are just trying to be funny.  

You make more posts crying about homers than you do talking about football.  The fact that you phrase some of them as poor attempts at humor does not change the fact that you are obsessed with this subject.

What if CINwillWIN claims he was just joking when he compared Pryor to Sharpe? Does that mean you are stupid for criticizing that comment?
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 12:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The fact that you use extreme exaggeration does not mean that you are not trying to make a point.

So when you try and make a stupid point I am going to call you on it.  You can't hide your stupidity behind claims that you are just trying to be funny.  

You make more posts crying about homers than you do talking about football.  The fact that you phrase some of them as poor attempts at humor does not change the fact that you are obsessed with this subject.

What if CINwillWIN claims he was just joking when he compared Pryor to Sharpe?  Does that mean you are stupid for criticizing that comment?

Your delusions of persecution at the hands of haters is becoming comical.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 11:52 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Did he at least bring some Beef Jerky?

He brought unicorn jerky and we ate it with a side of deep fried fairy wings.
Reply/Quote
He told us he was here as a quarterback, and even said that if he wasn't one, he was pretty much done. Honestly if he was trying to make it as a wide receiver initially, the Bengals probably never bring him in.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote