Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now, THIS is child abuse
Boy gets scammed at his lemonade stand.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/11-year-old-boy-scammed-after-man-uses-counterfeit-100-bill-at-lemonade-stand-police-say/ar-AA10llfp?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ab424c6d600945b3bdde7205339d9125

Quote:Police in Washington are asking the public for help identifying a man they say used a counterfeit $100 bill to buy a drink from a child's lemonade stand, leaving the boy profitless.

Police in Everett, Washington, say this unidentified man used a fake $100 to buy a drink from an 11-year-old boy's lemonade stand. Anyone with information about his identity is asked to contact police.

Police in Everett, Washington, say this unidentified man used a fake $100 to buy a drink from an 11-year-old boy's lemonade stand. Anyone with information about his identity is asked to contact police.
The Everett Police Department reported that over the summer an 11-year-old boy named Jeremy spent his allowance money to set up a lemonade stand outside his home in the city's Puget Sound region, about 25 miles north of Seattle.

"As he worked in the sun trying to earn a little extra spending money, he was approached by the pictured suspect, who offered him a 100-dollar bill for a drink but asked for exact change," police said in a statement released Thursday, which included a photo of the suspect.

The boy, police said, used his allowance money to give the man $85 in change.

When the man left, police said, the boy went to a local gas station where he learned the $100 bill was fake and he was out all of his allowance money.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 03:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Boy gets scammed at his lemonade stand.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/11-year-old-boy-scammed-after-man-uses-counterfeit-100-bill-at-lemonade-stand-police-say/ar-AA10llfp?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ab424c6d600945b3bdde7205339d9125

I hope they catch him and give him as much punishment as they can just to set an example and to bring justice to that kid.

It wouldn't surprise me if people start a GoFundMe or if pro athletes from Seattle show up to his next stand and he makes a thousand bucks!
Reply/Quote
Poor kid. Some people are just scum.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
10 bucks says this kid now gets thousands in a GoFundMe
Reply/Quote
I would say you won't find anyone here who says it's a good thing that kid got scammed, but I've been wrong before.
Reply/Quote
Bigger question, WTF is Biden doing in Everett, WA? Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 12:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bigger question, WTF is Biden doing in Everett, WA? Ninja

More likely Biden was sniffing the kid while the Trump family stole from him...well, they may have seen the kid as too tough a target since he didn't have cancer as far as we know.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 01:16 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: 10 bucks says this kid now gets thousands in a GoFundMe

currently at $11,295

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-jeremy-rebuild-his-lemonade-stand

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 09:05 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I would say you won't find anyone here who says it's a good thing that kid got scammed, but I've been wrong before.

There are inherent risks when dabbling in the free market. It's a play or get played world out there and this kid just learned that lesson the hard way (/s).
Reply/Quote
Way back when I was still using heroin there was a young single mother living next door to a friend we all looked out for and kept the assholes away except one who weaseled his way into letting him "babysit" for her once.. Turned out she had just bought the kids all brand new school clothes for their first day in school, but this schmuck stole the clothes and took them back to the store she bought them at for dope money. We, Tony and me beat his ass daily and twice on Sunday for it and forced him to do without dope till he paid back every penny he stole from her.. He paid it all back and by the time he did he was a complete wreck in withdraw BIG time, all black and blue.. Even addicts have some morals..  LOL 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote