Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dugin Assassination in Russia
For those that may not have heard, there was an assassination attempt against Dugin, sometimes called "Putin's brain." The attempt instead killed Dugin's daughter (who was not innocent in this, either).

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-moscow-government-and-politics-c710e37b5cad623ff6ea47cfca6138ac

Russia, of course, is blaming Ukraine. In conversations I have had online, many have pointed out the use of false flag tactics by Putin during the war with Chechnya to garner sympathy among the population. However, I don't see him using one of his closest allies in this way, plus this does show Putin in a light of weakness.

Now, there is a group of Russians that have claimed responsibility. The NRA (National Republican Army) is a revolutionary partisan group that is also spreading their manifesto calling for people to rise against Putin.

It's an interesting course of events, for sure.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 02:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: For those that may not have heard, there was an assassination attempt against Dugin, sometimes called "Putin's brain." The attempt instead killed Dugin's daughter (who was not innocent in this, either).

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-moscow-government-and-politics-c710e37b5cad623ff6ea47cfca6138ac

Russia, of course, is blaming Ukraine. In conversations I have had online, many have pointed out the use of false flag tactics by Putin during the war with Chechnya to garner sympathy among the population. However, I don't see him using one of his closest allies in this way, plus this does show Putin in a light of weakness.

Now, there is a group of Russians that have claimed responsibility. The NRA (National Republican Army) is a revolutionary partisan group that is also spreading their manifesto calling for people to rise against Putin.

It will be interesting to hear Putin's spin on this.  

Putin:  Ukraine did it!
Ukraine:  yeah right, when pigs fly.
Russian NRA:  We did it!
Guessing.....
Putin:  Ukraine still did it!
Putin to closest advisors:  Kill everyone related to NRA that you can find and their families too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have no problem with shitty people getting killed. Especially Russian ones. Which reminds me, the bosses hired a Russian dude where I work so I have two weeks to train myself not to say things like “Especially Russian ones”.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I tend to think it was Ukrainians then planted the 'manifesto' of the NRA to put fear in the hearts of Russian leadership.., but who knows? Might have been someone she owed a trainload of gold to as well.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I was going to say "sins of the father" and all that, but she seems pretty detestable in her own right.
Reply/Quote
Putin is no one to trifle with, but any homegrown insurgency is bad news for even the most brutal tyrant. Last thing he needs going on while trying to execute a costly was with Ukraine. I hope they continue to be a thorn in his side.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 09:52 PM)samhain Wrote: Putin is no one to trifle with, but any homegrown insurgency is bad news for even the most brutal tyrant.  Last thing he needs going on while trying to execute a costly was with Ukraine.  I hope they continue to be a thorn in his side.

Putin is a stooge. He's been given the keys to a kingdom and has pissed it all away for a vanity war and has tried to hold the world hostage. Joe Biden called his bluff and won. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 02:21 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: For those that may not have heard, there was an assassination attempt against Dugin, sometimes called "Putin's brain." The attempt instead killed Dugin's daughter (who was not innocent in this, either).

NATIONAL Bolshevism. lol 
Reply/Quote
She's in a better place and the world is better without her. It's a win / win situation.

Also, ... don't be a hate spreader and you're going to live longer.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote