Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Now Zac! K
(11-08-2021, 10:43 PM)Tony Wrote: Are you on medication?

I’m going with “not anymore”
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:41 PM)Benton Wrote: To the last line, he's got everything but an ol. 

Which is partly on him, too. He's done great in the draft, but what are skills players if they do t have time to be skilled?

Exactly. He's had 3 off-seasons to fix the line. A rebuild shouldn't take more than 3 years.

His situation is kinda similar to Hue Jackson w/ the Browns. They stunk for 2 years building the team up. Only difference is Hue's leash was incredibly short in that 3rd year. I don't feel that way about Zac, but thats only due to our history.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: This is certainly an oddly presented thread.

It's like the football forum Twighlight zone, or something....
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 09:09 PM)jason Wrote: I agree that the players were borderline sorry yesterday, but I hated the 4th down call that preceded the wheels falling off. We were already down, and hadn't stopped them at all up to that point. Why hand them good field position ?

If a gamble call, as an inspiration to gain some much needed momentum, is what you want to fault Taylor for yesterday, then so be it.  Had it worked, and the team managed to rally, he would be lauded for the "gutsy call".  As a whole, the team blew that game, not the coach.  This time at least..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If a gamble call, as an inspiration to gain some much needed momentum, is what you want to fault Taylor for yesterday, then so be it.  Had it worked, and the team managed to rally, he would be lauded for the "gutsy call".  As a whole, the team blew that game, not the coach.  This time at least..

I don’t mind Zac Taylor making “gutsy calls.” What frosts my flakes is being in position too many times where Zac HAS to make a gutsy call.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I don’t mind Zac Taylor making “gutsy calls.” What frosts my flakes is being in position too many times where Zac HAS to make a gutsy call.

I'm not sure that gutsy call needed to be made down 14-7.... In the second quarter.... Especially when we suck in short yardage situations.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Its best that you understand one thing at the start.
Zaci will cost you two games at the start. No seriously
Reply/Quote
Tiger
Now they won pin this as they should but this is our rolling calendar to bench our frustration weekly.

I'll start it off with the 2pt conversation in the Browns game. Inexcusable
Reply/Quote
What is happening here with these threads?
Did I accidentally ingest acid or something??
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. He's had 3 off-seasons to fix the line. A rebuild shouldn't take more than 3 years.

His situation is kinda similar to Hue Jackson w/ the Browns. They stunk for 2 years building the team up. Only difference is Hue's leash was incredibly short in that 3rd year. I don't feel that way about Zac, but thats only due to our history.

Honestly, I think Zac is starting to feel some pressure. Mike Brown pretty much said this is a make or break season for Zac. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 02:21 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Honestly, I think Zac is starting to feel some pressure. Mike Brown pretty much said this is a make or break season for Zac. 

As well it should be.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:04 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: What is happening here with these threads?
Did I accidentally ingest acid or something??

Why?
[Image: roomi-gnome.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to post a REAL response to this thread. I think most of you are aware of my opinion of Taylor. I'll just say Sunday's fiasco hasn't...changed it.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 02:21 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Honestly, I think Zac is starting to feel some pressure. Mike Brown pretty much said this is a make or break season for Zac. 

When did he say that?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 07:55 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Its time to prove it now Zac because we don't have 10yrs ever again! Now you called a draw for two at the two. I forgive you ...Now I'm not your biggest fan and I've given you the benefit of the doubt! If you loose to the LV Raiders after a BYE then its too late to apologize! K

https://youtu.be/ZSM3w1v-A_Y

I swear Mixon looked up at the camera and rolled his eyes before they executed that play.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 08:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, here we go again..  Quick, grab the torches and pitchforks!

That loss yesterday wasn't on Zac Taylor.  Joe Burrow had an uncharacteristically bad game with multiple picks, the Chase fumble didn't help matters either.  Turnovers aren't on the head coach or the play calling, it's a lapse in judgement and execution by the players.

play calling can lead to interceptions if the defense knows whats coming...  Seems Burrows judgement and execution has gone down hill since he mentioned the SB
Reply/Quote
Popcorn
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 08:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:  Turnovers aren't on the head coach or the play calling, it's a lapse in judgement and execution by the players.

But there is not a single great team that never fumbles or turns the ball over.

People who think that we can win any games just be every player committing no mistakes and winning every single one-on-one match up with other NFL players just does nto understand our team.  We have decent talent, but we are not going to win nay games just by overwhelming the opposition with our talent and 100% mistake free games.

If any NFL team could win games like than then they would nto pay the coaches millions of dollars.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:18 PM)Emeritus Wrote: :tiger

Everything that ypu need to know starts upfront on either. side. I gotta ask a question. Why in the heck I wouldn't I want Jordan Davis at all costs!! Eli Apple needs to be replaced!!! Everyday. Ok

Apple was never intended to be starting.
Waynes was supposed to be the starter outside the past 1.5 seasons, but he's played all of 2 games out of a possible 27.
You can tell from trying to pick up guys like Flowers and Hargreaves that they want to try to upgrade the CB position. They're just brand new to the scheme and Apple is the best option right now (sadly).

As for addressing the trenches, I agree, but I think it'd be better served toward the OL, not the DL.
The Bengals should have Ossai coming back, which would allow Hubbard to play more inside on passing downs (where he's best).
The IOL, on the other hand, needs 1-2 new upgrades seriously.
Carman hasn't adapted to the new position well enough yet, and Hopkins is not the pass protector he was pre-injury.
I'm not ready to pull the trigger on Carman by any means, but if there's a better vet RG they could bring in to fill in for the next 1-2 years as insurance while he develops, that'd probably be a good thing.
I'd 100% go after someone like Jason Kelce or Ben Jones to replace Hopkins, although if the Bengals do end up around Pick 15, I'd be all for taking Linderbaum.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 11:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But there is not a single great team that never fumbles or turns the ball over.

People who think that we can win any games just be every player committing no mistakes and winning every single one-on-one match up with other NFL players just does nto understand our team.  We have decent talent, but we are not going to win nay games just by overwhelming the opposition with our talent and 100% mistake free games.

If any NFL team could win games like than then they would nto pay the coaches millions of dollars.

Coaches still make significantly less than the higher paid talent in the league.  So, as you were saying..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote