Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did Jets fans think of the game?
I found this gem on the Jets forums after the game:

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/128501-cin-observations/

The best parts are when they keep saying we won with a "gimmick" offense.

Not sure what that means.

We beat them deep, we beat them in the seam, we beat them on the screens and we threw in Hue's "gimmicky" 3 option screen spread for maybe 3 plays.

What exactly was gimmicky about our offense on the whole? The fact that they NEVER adjusted to the screen? haha
Reply/Quote
They didn't miss a FG. It was blocked. Give credit where it's due.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
My favorite is "that gimmick "spread OLine" CIN used was so annoying"

That is a goofy looking formation though, only 3 OLs
Reply/Quote
Great job by Dalton, Zampese, and Green.

Despite our O-line embarrassed (-47 yards in sacks) our pass game still rolled up 319 yards on just 37 drop backs. That is an excellent 8.6 per play. 157 of that came on three plays, but we still moved the ball effectively with short passes.
Reply/Quote
Geno had 3 tackles for loss and 1 sack. Yet I find myself agreeing with jets fan that he was held in check. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Actually Andy went 23/30 for 366 yards.

That is 12.2 yards per attempt and a crazy 15.9 yards per completion. Even if you add in the sack plays he has 12.2 yards per drop back, which is big time.

Even if you subtract the 157 yards in big plays on 3 passes he is still at 209 yards on 20/27. 7.7 yards per attempt and 10.5 per completion. 
Reply/Quote
I liked what they had to say about our D shutting down Marshall, Decker and Fitz. We did let Forte make a difference, but we also took Marshall and Decker out of the game and those were the Jets top weapons last year.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They didn't miss a FG. It was blocked. Give credit where it's due.

That was one of the most baffling things I saw as I was perusing their message boards.

They kept saying that Folk missed a chip shot FG.

He didn't miss it. It was, clearly, blocked.

I understand the frustration with the missed extra point. That didn't even make sense. But the FG was blocked. Folk could have angled it higher, I suppose. But that was largely on the line for not keeping Hunt's arms down.

Fans will ***** about anything, I guess. We do it here a lot too.
Reply/Quote
I was at the game; immediately following the conclusion I overheard several groups talking about their concern for Revis (understandably after being man-handled by AJ).

Also, going into the half, those sitting around me kept telling me "don't worry, we always squander it away in the second half"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reply/Quote