Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complimentary football
Did Pratt and Wilson play like all pro's because the D-line was playing so well?

I love Hendrickson, Reader and Hubbard but boy what a difference it has been having these Hill out there.
BJ Hill played a great Super Bowl. I don't remember ever having that much confidence in our defense against the run.
Having a great run defense helps the back end but I feel we still need a shut down corner somehow. We have all the other pieces.
Its a shame Trae Waynes did not work out as planned.

If we can keep Hill and Ogunjobi why draft DL.

I think we may need to draft for CB and Safety position help.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
I got news for you very very few players in the NFL play well if they're not complimented. Not a DB in the league that can stick with WR's for 4-5 seconds. Not a NFL LB that's going to have a real effect outside of a bunch of tackles if OL are getting to the 2nd level or the DL simply isn't getting penetration at all.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 09:52 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Did Pratt and Wilson play like all pro's because the D-line was playing so well?

I love Hendrickson, Reader and Hubbard but boy what a difference it has been having these Hill out there.
BJ Hill played a great Super Bowl. I don't remember ever having that much confidence in our defense against the run.
Having a great run defense helps the back end but I feel we still need a shut down corner somehow. We have all the other pieces.

Thoughts?

Reader is a wall that occupies blockers. I think mainly him.

But, yes Hill and Ogunjobi were both good acquisitions.

Not sure the Ends help out the LB's much.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 09:52 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Did Pratt and Wilson play like all pro's because the D-line was playing so well?

Thoughts?

Ramsey was getting his ass owned all game long no matter who he lined up against. It was his D-Line that saved him on more than one occasion during the game. Control the trenches and you control the game.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

Thoughts?

it all goes hand in hand...

CBs give the DL time
DL makes the QB make quesitonable throws for the CB...  
if the DL is blocking their assignments it opens holes for linebackers./// If DL is bad it lets OL get to the second level and snuff out the LBers
Reply/Quote