Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nugent should be resigned
...resigned to the fact that he's beyond hope and that his career (at least in Cincy) is over. The guy just doesn't have it anymore and if he shows any amount of confidence from here onward someone with a degree in psychology is going to declare him dangerously out of touch with the real world.

Sorry if you rage-clicked on this because you thought resigned and re-signed were the same thing. ZING! Meh, I was bored.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was going to say "Sure, it would be great if he resigned". Hilarious

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately he will probably get tagged and re-signed somehow.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
"Misses Extra points, Can't hit anything over 45 yards? Re-sign him at a new lower cost" - Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
He'll be back next year, missing XP's while the split-screen shows Lewis clapping and mouthing: "Let's Go." as the team jogs off the field, heads hanging, dejected.

And I'm not even close to exaggerating.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 01:12 AM)JumboTron Wrote: He'll be back next year, missing XP's while the split-screen shows Lewis clapping and mouthing: "Let's Go." as the team jogs off the field, heads hanging, dejected.

Sad and probably true. 

Do not personally dislike either guy.  In fact bet they would both make great friends to have and are just down right good people in general. 

But it is time for each to go. The expiration date in this town has expired and it is time for a fresh start for us and them too.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 01:12 AM)JumboTron Wrote: He'll be back next year, missing XP's while the split-screen shows Lewis clapping and mouthing: "Let's Go." as the team jogs off the field, heads hanging, dejected.

I am serious about this. I swear Nuge was looking for a high five or shoulder pat from his teammates after he made the PAT....but they seemed to ignore him. Did I make that up in my mind, or did I see what I saw? Wink BTW he showed his versatility by doinking the ball off the LEFT upright in the Philly game
Reply/Quote
As I said in another thread,
Anyone can split the uprights
Nugent tries to hit the uprights
The real game is played in his head

He's in a league of his own
Measures success with his own gauge
Reads in his mind his own sports page
If you read it, your mind would be blown

Another striped mystery
He leaves fans frustrated, coaches vexed
His teammates simply shrug, perplexed
At this cryptic "foot note" in team history
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Nuge should pack his bags after this season. If he is back next year, the Bengals are beyond hope and the 90's are back.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
We will lose far to much continuity with losing him. Why don't people know this as a bengals fan?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 02:11 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: We will lose far to much continuity with losing him. Why don't people know this as a bengals fan?

Exactly.  Sure Nuge sucks, but if we let him go then we'll probably just sign Bruce Coslett or Dave Shula to be our new kicker, right?
Reply/Quote
Sadly you probably nailed it.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 06:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Exactly.  Sure Nuge sucks, but if we let him go then we'll probably just sign Bruce Coslett or Dave Shula to be our new kicker, right?

So, Ocho's out of our cap range?  Damn.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote