Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number 70
I caught the replay of a sack on Dalton, in the Browns game, where Ced got literally steamrolled letting his man get the sack!

Anyone else notice that!

It was just one play but that was pathetic!
Reply/Quote
.........is a joke!
Reply/Quote
Yeah, that was pretty bad. Not sure why this guy is clueless and hasn't figured out how to raise his arms up.....
Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi cannot handle the bull rush at all or anything else involving power. A big problem, as sandwedge mentioned, is Ogbuehi keeps his arms down and takes a very long time to raise them and get his hands on a defender (if at all). Yet another week goes by and we still see (some of) the same problems we've seen the past couple years. Ogbuehi is the first starter that needs replaced in the offseason. Bodine is the second. RG after that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 05:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ogbuehi cannot handle the bull rush at all or anything else involving power. A big problem, as sandwedge mentioned, is Ogbuehi keeps his arms down and takes a very long time to raise them and get his hands on a defender (if at all). Yet another week goes by and we still see (some of) the same problems we've seen the past couple years. Ogbuehi is the first starter that needs replaced in the offseason. Bodine is the second. RG after that.

I'm not so sure that Og should be the first replaced. I would think that Center is more important. How much better would Dalton do if even if Og is barely blocking yet, he can step UP in the pocket? Far too often, regardless of whether or not the LT is blocking well, Dalton can't step up because Bodine is being pushed into his lap.

To be honest, I don't care the order as long as they're BOTH replaced this offseason.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 05:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not so sure that Og should be the first replaced. I would think that Center is more important. How much better would Dalton do if even if Og is barely blocking yet, he can step UP in the pocket? Far too often, regardless of whether or not the LT is blocking well, Dalton can't step up because Bodine is being pushed into his lap.

To be honest, I don't care the order as long as they're BOTH replaced this offseason.

IF you go by PFF...Bodine, Ced, and Hopkins all need replaced...but Ced is currently the worst. Then Hopkins. Then Bodine.

Nick Vigil is the worst starter on the entire team though. His rating is almost 5 points below Ced. Smith also ranks Poor but he's not as bad as the other 3.

Boling must be playing well as he got his rating up to Average.
Reply/Quote
He doesn't put up any resistance on those bull rushes. He retreats way too fast and just tries to absorb everything, instead of popping the rusher hard with both hands while retreating slightly and staying in front of him.
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000882697/Myles-Garrett-sacks-Andy-Dalton
Reply/Quote
he sucks..Bodine is somehow worse though
Reply/Quote
I honestly thought Garrett would have multiple sacks in this game. Pleasantly surprised he didn’t.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 05:46 PM)wcu Wrote: I honestly thought Garrett would have multiple sacks in this game. Pleasantly surprised he didn’t.

Well, I saw him lined up on Andre a few times.....so that may have skewed those sacks....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If it's the one I'm thinking of, in his defense, it's a lot easier to bullrush someone if you are allowed to shove him back by the face.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I saw it and was surprised an dlineman could push an olineman by the face mask.

But if the best we can do is complain about 1 play; I'm happy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 04:42 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I caught the replay of a sack on Dalton, in the Browns game, where Ced got literally steamrolled letting his man get the sack!

Anyone else notice that!  

It was just one play but that was pathetic!

the guy has like a sack a game now he has played.. reason he was the #1 pick for sure.. he will make many good linemen look bad.. only sack of the day though for the line.. so good job overall
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 06:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If it's the one I'm thinking of, in his defense, it's a lot easier to bullrush someone if you are allowed to shove him back by the face.

After seeing the above video, yeah I'm pretty sure hands to the face is a penalty.... Still though he doesn't even try to anchor and get his arms up. Everyone else looked good blocking their man.
Reply/Quote
I agree with Sandwedge, needs to learn to get his hands up but that could of been a penalty on Garrett for hands to the face.

Og just needs to learn to play hard on every down. He had a few nice run blocks in this game and only got beat this once, so not terrible.
Reply/Quote
Og needs to tap into his mean streak and he'd be ok. Problem is he doesn't have one to tap into.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 09:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Og needs to tap into his mean streak and he'd be ok. Problem is he doesn't have one to tap into.

Yeah instead of drafting these finesse/athletic offensive lineman...we need to start drafting guys that are maulers and have a powerful offensive line that can run.
Reply/Quote
The entire offensive line needs work in pass protection, especially Cedric Ogbuehi, but let's give #70 some props for his run blocking yesterday. Some of those Joe Mixon runs went through the left side B-gap -- that's between Cedric and Clint Boling -- so we know he can directional block well. The zone blocking wasn't working for anyone!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 10:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The entire offensive line needs work in pass protection, especially Cedric Ogbuehi, but let's give #70 some props for his run blocking yesterday.  Some of those Joe Mixon runs went through the left side B-gap -- that's between Cedric and Clint Boling -- so we know he can directional block well.  The zone blocking wasn't working for anyone!  

How could we have so many players in the wrong scheme?

It's like our scouts do a terrible job evaluating fit? I guess if you only read scouting reports from 3rd party services that's what happens.
Reply/Quote