Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Number of winning seasons with Mike Brown as owner
The total number of seasons with Mike Brown as owner = 30
The total number of winning seasons (>.500 win percentage) the Bengals have had with Mike Brown as the owner =7
The total number of those with a HC other than Marvin Lewis = 0
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's just amazing how awful the Bengals have been under the GMship of MB. It defies logic.

And he refuses to admit his failure.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 03:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The total number of seasons with Mike Brown as owner = 30
The total number of winning seasons (>.500 win percentage) the Bengals have had with Mike Brown as the owner =7
The total number of those with a HC other than Marvin Lewis = 0

That's why I was hesitant to fire Marvin for as long as I was. I kinda thought he was holding the whole thing together... However modest the results might've been.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
For real? We've only had 7 seasons in the last 30 over .500? Dayum if that doesn't just darken my outlook of the future. This doesn't sound right to me.

Reply/Quote
We've only won 5 playoff games in franchise history.

We've only had 3 seasons with a playoff win.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 08:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We've only won 5 playoff games in franchise history.

We've only had 3 seasons with a playoff win.

And all of that occurred within a span of just ten seasons.  I'm in my mid-50s and they haven't won a playoff game since I was in my mid-20s.   

This gets more depressing the longer you think about it.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 08:54 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: And all of that occurred within a span of just ten seasons.  I'm in my mid-50s and they haven't won a playoff game since I was in my mid-20s.   

And literally every team but the Lions has figured out how to win playoff games here and there. Most have won 5+ since we last have.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 08:54 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: And all of that occurred within a span of just ten seasons.  I'm in my mid-50s and they haven't won a playoff game since I was in my mid-20s.   

Indeed !

We've had the threads before. The last time the Bengals won a playoff game the VCR and Camcorders were cutting edge technology. You still had to go to Photoshack to have film developed. Stretch Armstrong was still in kids rooms. On and on.

And I like you was in my 20's
Reply/Quote
This is why the Houston Texans are looking seriously into hiring Marvin Lewis. They saw him create a winning record despite the continued influence of Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 10:35 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is why the Houston Texans are looking seriously into hiring Marvin Lewis.  They saw him create a winning record despite the continued influence of Mike Brown.

It would be interesting to see what Merv could do in a system where he's unfettered by the criminally football-inept Brown/Blackburn clan.  
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 10:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It would be interesting to see what Merv could do in a system where he's unfettered by the criminally football-inept Brown/Blackburn clan.  

I appreciate your 1/6/91 signature. The thirty year anniversary is approaching.
Reply/Quote
This ain't exactly breaking news...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 11:40 PM)jason Wrote: This ain't exactly breaking news...

why does Mike Brown refuse to hire a GM? Serious question. I don't understand his rationale.   Can someone please tell me? Has he ever actually come out and stated his reasons for refusing to hire a GM to run the day to day operations of the team?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 01:00 AM)BruceCosletsGhost Wrote: why does Mike Brown refuse to hire a GM? Serious question. I don't understand his rationale.   Can someone please tell me? Has he ever actually come out and stated his reasons for refusing to hire a GM to run the day to day operations of the team?

Not sure he's ever come out and said why they won't. I suppose he figures the apple fell really close to the tree, and he can do whatever pops did for the 20 some years he was owner. On the other hand I think part of him thinks he has a GM (Tobin), who reports to the Supreme Leader (Mike Brown). I have a feeling that if he were to hire a GM, he'd hire a bad one. It's almost like we need a GM to hire a GM.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 01:38 AM)jason Wrote:  It's almost like we need a GM to hire a GM.

LOL

Yeah, typically, we get burned for what we ask for. Why would this be any different? 

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 01:40 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: LOL

Yeah, typically, we get burned for what we ask for. Why would this be any different? 

hey harleydog, do you mind if I ask you a quick question?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 02:00 AM)BruceCosletsGhost Wrote: hey harleydog, do you mind if I ask you a quick question?

[Image: fc6bbdd5c2097607eea8e04166ff1177d9f6be37...b41453.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 02:00 AM)BruceCosletsGhost Wrote: hey harleydog, do you mind if I ask you a quick question?

Times up. No questions for you.

[Image: tumblr_ok4g9w9wBa1u501aoo3_400.gif]

Reply/Quote