Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Numberfire says, "NO" on Burrow against Steelers.
Quote:Sit

Joe Burrow (at Pittsburgh) - While Burrow might be a complete bust this week, to ask for any upside would be unreasonable. Dating back to Week 2 of last season, only one quarterback has surpassed 19.4 fantasy points against the Pittsburgh Steelers -- that's a span of 22 games. Pittsburgh ranks seventh-best in Adjusted Defensive Passing NEP per play, and only four teams have been stingier against the position. Burrow has recorded fewer than 18 fantasy points in four of his eight contests this season, and with the Cincinnati Bengals having the third-lowest implied total on the slate, he could be headed for another dud.
Yes, I know it leans more towards fantasy football but I I think it belongs here. I really don't care what has happened before us. After our victory over Tennessee, we see a glimpse of what we can do. It wasn't the perfect victory, but it was executed as well as we could expect. Now when you take Pittsburgh struggled  against Tennessee as well? Yeah, I think we got a shot. 
Burrow is learning too flippin fast for most of us to realize what we actually have in this kid. Joe Cool will rule and we win a nail biter for sure. I like that yet again, we are underrated. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hate fantasy football
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 10:44 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I hate fantasy football

Does the fantasy world version of you hate real football?
Reply/Quote
If we're going to take out the bias and be real...the only thing that honestly should be expected is Baltimore 2.0. 

Pitt gets after the QB, and while the results were better last game, Tenn is nothing like Pitt. I know everyone is excited and getting worked up for the hope and possibilities but this team is still a ways away from playing toe to toe with the top teams in the league. 

It would be nice if last game was 'the beginning' of something special but i'm not going to expect anything until i see a few games of it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 10:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If we're going to take out the bias and be real...the only thing that honestly should be expected is Baltimore 2.0. 

Pitt gets after the QB, and while the results were better last game, Tenn is nothing like Pitt. I know everyone is excited and getting worked up for the hope and possibilities but this team is still a ways away from playing toe to toe with the top teams in the league. 

It would be nice if last game was 'the beginning' of something special but i'm not going to expect anything until i see a few games of it. 

I think we are going to see something special from this team this weekend. Each week, they find a way to stay in it. You have a valid point for sure, but I just know it's gonna happen. It's a tall order to expect in Pittsburgh's house for sure, but my gut says "YES!" Not saying Burrow wont have a rough game. Yet, He's a rough kid.

We've had 2 weeks to study them, we can win it in 3hrs.

Reply/Quote
I'm gonna say Burrow Throws for 4 Tds and shreds Pissburgh 34 -24
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 11:03 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm gonna say Burrow Throws for 4 Tds and shreds Pissburgh 34 -24

Possibly. He may not have quite as many or maybe even exceeds? I know we are going to be in it on the final stretch and we are gonna wake up some people this weekend.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 10:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes, I know it leans more towards fantasy football but I I think it belongs here. I really don't care what has happened before us. After our victory over Tennessee, we see a glimpse of what we can do. It wasn't the perfect victory, but it was executed as well as we could expect. Now when you take Pittsburgh struggled  against Tennessee as well? Yeah, I think we got a shot. 
Burrow is learning too flippin fast for most of us to realize what we actually have in this kid. Joe Cool will rule and we win a nail biter for sure. I like that yet again, we are underrated. 

Well, he's starting for the real Bengals ragardless.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 10:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If we're going to take out the bias and be real...the only thing that honestly should be expected is Baltimore 2.0. 

Bad time to point out that Tennessee got dump trucked tonight?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 01:48 AM)jason Wrote: Bad time to point out that Tennessee got dump trucked tonight?

Colts are a good team as well, and Titans lost cause of their atrocious special teams mishaps
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 10:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes, I know it leans more towards fantasy football but I I think it belongs here. I really don't care what has happened before us. After our victory over Tennessee, we see a glimpse of what we can do. It wasn't the perfect victory, but it was executed as well as we could expect. Now when you take Pittsburgh struggled  against Tennessee as well? Yeah, I think we got a shot. 

After that awful Baltimore game, the Bengals offense went for 27 pts, 34 pts, and 31 points against (at least two) fairly highly rated defenses.  We saw them pull out some screens to combat the blitzes, and Burrow's clock in his head has clearly "sped up".  This game will be the ultimate test as the steelers have a great defense and a very balanced offense.  I can't wait.  
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 10:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Does the fantasy world version of you hate real football?

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Hope Burrow reads that.
Reply/Quote
I’m not playing fantasy football this year but I can’t disagree with anything they said. I would not start burrow against Pittsburgh’s D. It’s one thing to hope our team plays well, it’s another to start our rookie qb behind this o line against that front 7
Reply/Quote
Pitt defense QB pressure %...36.1% not only #1 in the league but by a wide margin. #2 is only 27.4%
Ten defense QB pressure %...17.4% 31st

Pitt defense QB hurry %...16.1% #1
Ten defense QB hurry%... 5.9% 31st

Whatever you saw against the Titans, it will be a whole different world against the Steelers.

And even against that Pathetic Titan pass rush Joe still had to work some magic to keep from being sacked a few times.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pitt defense QB pressure %...36.1% not only #1 in the league but by a wide margin. #2 is only 27.4%
Ten defense QB pressure %...17.4% 31st

Pitt defense QB hurry %...16.1% #1
Ten defense QB hurry%... 5.9% 31st

Whatever you saw against the Titans, it will be a whole different world against the Steelers.

And even against that Pathetic Titan pass rush Joe still had to work some magic to keep from being sacked a few times.

Yep. I think it’s a bit naive to think Joe Burrow (more this entire team) is going to go in there and have their way with the #1 team in the league with a top tier defense leading the way.

I expect it to not be pretty, and if we win it’ll be because of a nifty gritty showing by Burrow. Like 1TD passing 2 picks kind of day but efficient enough to win.

I don’t have a ton of faith in this team proving the world wrong. I certainly hope they do though!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 03:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yep. I think it’s a bit naive to think Joe Burrow (more this entire team) is going to go in there and have their way with the #1 team in the league with a top tier defense leading the way.

I expect it to not be pretty, and if we win it’ll be because of a nifty gritty showing by Burrow. Like 1TD passing 2 picks kind of day but efficient enough to win.

I don’t have a ton of faith in this team proving the world wrong. I certainly hope they do though!

If they do pull off a win wow.

The coaching is where I am concerned, haven't won 2 games in a row under Taylor and until we do I have no faith in them.
Reply/Quote
I don't have a warm n fuzzy about this game. TBS, Shittsburgh is ripe to shit down their legs and have a terrible game.

Who knows, it could happen Sunday...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 11:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Possibly. He may not have quite as many or maybe even exceeds? I know we are going to be in it on the final stretch and we are gonna wake up some people this weekend.

I just got this feeling,  things are gonna be changing real fast around here. Joe knows what this week means.. I think we are better off with Gio too... Quick screens and what not..
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 03:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yep. I think it’s a bit naive to think Joe Burrow (more this entire team) is going to go in there and have their way with the #1 team in the league with a top tier defense leading the way.

What offense have they played that is any good??
Reply/Quote