Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Numbers Selection
Anybody wonder why Ossai was given #58 and Evans #25? is it a coincidence or by design?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 06:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Anybody wonder why Ossai was given #58 and Evans #25? is it a coincidence or by design?

Or why Sample has #96?
Reply/Quote
Outside of 54, every number is available, apparently. I thought it weird when Andy got 14, and Kenny hadn't even used it for 25 years at that point.

Meh, time marches on.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Probably because they recently became available
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Are you saying the same management that told Palmer his only option was to retire might have some animosity towards Lawson, Dunlap and Bernard?  Two of which did not take their contract offers and the other for just being a pain in Mike Brown's ass?

Perhaps they're trying to erase them from memory or perhaps it's merely a coincidence?  Either way, I did notice the nuimbers change but hadn't put the 3 together.  It is an interesting observation nonetheless.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I guess ya'll must have been freaking out that Eifert had 85...
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 06:12 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Are you saying the same management that told Palmer his only option was to retire might have some animosity towards Lawson, Dunlap and Bernard?  Two of which did not take their contract offers and the other for just being a pain in Mike Brown's ass?

Perhaps they're trying to erase them from memory or perhaps it's merely a coincidence?  Either way, I did notice the nuimbers change but hadn't put the 3 together.  It is an interesting observation nonetheless.

exactly what I was thinking too....its a way to forget the other guy and move on.  
Reply/Quote
I don't think it means anything.

Aren't the players given the choice of what number they get?
Reply/Quote
Well... there is 85 players in camp.

And numbers range from 1 to 99.

Really not too many choices out there when you get down to it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 12:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Well... there is 85 players in camp.

And numbers range from 1 to 99.

Really not too many choices out there when you get down to it.

right and this time of year you might see 2 players 1 Off 1 Def wearing the same number
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 11:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think it means anything.

Aren't the players given the choice of what number they get?

They are, if it's available, and those obviously were.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 12:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: right and this time of year you might see 2 players 1 Off 1 Def wearing the same number

Indeed that used to ring true, but not anymore; when numbers were restricted to certain positions, you maybe saw that.

Once they allowed LBs to wear numbers in the 40s, that become even more rare.

Now that anyone is basically allowed to wear anything, outside of OL, you'll never see two guys wear the same number again.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 12:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed that used to ring true, but not anymore; when numbers were restricted to certain positions, you maybe saw that.

Once they allowed LBs to wear numbers in the 40s, that become even more rare.

Now that anyone is basically allowed to wear anything, outside of OL, you'll never see two guys wear the same number again.

well at least you shouldnt on teams that have retired less than 10 numbers
Reply/Quote