Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 6 qbs passer rating when pressured and kept clean.
(02-10-2018, 02:21 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Jonny manziel  had same concerns. Went in first round. And mayfield is so much better than manziel. And none of Mayfield receivers are top tier talent.

And Maziel flamed out considerably and it was the Browns.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 07:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Care to wager?

No I don't do wagers
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 01:46 AM)pulses Wrote: No way in hell Mayfield will be there in the 2nd.

(02-10-2018, 02:09 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Nope 

Name one physical trait that he has that makes him elite? The guy is case keenum with an attitude.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 01:04 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Name one physical trait that he has that makes him elite? The guy is case keenum with an attitude.

Throws receivers open. Ball placement is arguably the best in this draft. He goes through reads, moves throughout the pocket to extend plays and allows his other reads to get open. He's also arguably the most accurate passer in this draft, both outside and inside the pocket. He's not a "run for the 1st" quarterback, he moves around the backfield and keeps his eyes downfield.

That's not to say that Mayfield doesn't have his flaws, every prospect does. But Mayfield is easily a 1st round pick and will be gone within the top 10
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 01:04 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Name one physical trait that he has that makes him elite? The guy is case keenum with an attitude.

Case Keenum played pretty damn well when he got his shot this year.  And I would say that an elite trait of Mayfield is his vision, athleticism, and accuracy on the move.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 03:21 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Throws receivers open. Ball placement is arguably the best in this draft. He goes through reads, moves throughout the pocket to extend plays and allows his other reads to get open. He's also arguably the most accurate passer in this draft, both outside and inside the pocket. He's not a "run for the 1st" quarterback, he moves around the backfield and keeps his eyes downfield.

That's not to say that Mayfield doesn't have his flaws, every prospect does. But Mayfield is easily a 1st round pick and will be gone within the top 10
None of those things are elite physical traits,  elite skill yes but physical traits no. Does he run fast no, is he big no, rocket arm no,  big hands like Brees or Wilson no. Look I like him as a prospect but your fooling yourself if you think that guy is going in the top 10.  Mayfield is probably at his ceiling as a QB and cant get that much better guys Like Darnold, Allen, Jackson, and Rosen all have more potential and have less baggage to them. To me four QBs go ahead of him and he is the first QB taken in Rd 2. Outside chance a team moves up to 32 to get him for a 5th year.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 09:00 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: None of those things are elite physical traits,  elite skill yes but physical traits no. Does he run fast no, is he big no, rocket arm no,  big hands like Brees or Wilson no. Look I like him as a prospect but your fooling yourself if you think that guy is going in the top 10.  Mayfield is probably at his ceiling as a QB and cant get that much better guys Like Darnold, Allen, Jackson, and Rosen all have more potential and have less baggage to them. To me four QBs go ahead of him and he is the first QB taken in Rd 2. Outside chance a team moves up to 32 to get him for a 5th year.

I know he's going top 10. It's not even a question mark.

Mayfield does have a high ceiling. He's a play maker, improved his accuracy, and has shown the ability to improve in multiple aspects of his game.

All 4 of those quarterbacks have issues as well.

Darnold is a turnover machine, didn't live up to the hype, and his throwing mechanics are wonky. Also doesn't exactly have the best arm. Deep thrower, but also misses quite a bit.
Allen has a pretty long ball. Too bad he's extremely inaccurate. He's dreadful inside the pocket, has happy feet, and makes bad decisions. He has the physical traits you like, but awful tape.
Lamar Jackson is my personal favorite quarterback in the draft, but also has flaws. He is a rhythm quarterback, he has games where he's off early then gets hot. Footwork needs to be improved.
Rosen is the other quarterback, besides Mayfield, that is arguably the most accurate. Although, Rosen is a statue in the pocket. He can't move outside and make plays. Throws off his back foot way more often than you'd like.

Every quarterback has issues. An "elite" trait means that they're one of the best to come out in years, not the best of the year. Granted, this year has way more potential than last year's class. But outside of Allen's arm, what elite aspects are there? Rosen's size?

There's a thing in the NFL called passing lanes. It's a part of pass protection many NFL fans don't know about nor talk about. It opens windows that allows quarterbacks to look down the field. It's not just "oh hey look over everyone's head". Not how the NFL works. Never has been. Every NFL team partakes in this aspect. Mayfield will do well in the NFL.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 10:07 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I know he's going top 10. It's not even a question mark.

Mayfield does have a high ceiling. He's a play maker, improved his accuracy, and has shown the ability to improve in multiple aspects of his game.

All 4 of those quarterbacks have issues as well.

Darnold is a turnover machine, didn't live up to the hype, and his throwing mechanics are wonky. Also doesn't exactly have the best arm. Deep thrower, but also misses quite a bit.
Allen has a pretty long ball. Too bad he's extremely inaccurate. He's dreadful inside the pocket, has happy feet, and makes bad decisions. He has the physical traits you like, but awful tape.
Lamar Jackson is my personal favorite quarterback in the draft, but also has flaws. He is a rhythm quarterback, he has games where he's off early then gets hot. Footwork needs to be improved.
Rosen is the other quarterback, besides Mayfield, that is arguably the most accurate. Although, Rosen is a statue in the pocket. He can't move outside and make plays. Throws off his back foot way more often than you'd like.

Every quarterback has issues. An "elite" trait means that they're one of the best to come out in years, not the best of the year. Granted, this year has way more potential than last year's class. But outside of Allen's arm, what elite aspects are there? Rosen's size?

There's a thing in the NFL called passing lanes. It's a part of pass protection many NFL fans don't know about nor talk about. It opens windows that allows quarterbacks to look down the field. It's not just "oh hey look over everyone's head". Not how the NFL works. Never has been. Every NFL team partakes in this aspect. Mayfield will do well in the NFL.

You and me both know Rosen and Donald are going 1 and 2 in the draft because they check all the boxes when it comes to a franchise QB. Allen  will be the third QB taking in the draft  because he has the most talent. 

So now we're talking about who will be the 4th QB taken in the draft which will come down to group of four guys Jackson, White, Litton, and Mayfield(in no particular order) Now here is the thing that works against Mayfield is he probably is the most ready for starting out of those 4. (I think me and you would agree with that) However out of those 4 he probably has the least amount of pure talent.  A team that will be drafting at the End of the draft probably has their starting QB in place for 2018 season. There going to look for the QB that they can develop the most  into a full fledged superstar.  Which I would think would be Jackson out of those 4. 

Now why only 4 QBs well history tells us that is the most QBs that  have ever been drafted besides two other drafts. 1983 there were 6 and 1999 there were 5. It would be very rare to see 5 or six.  
I want to also add that I think Mayfield is the best QB in the draft and he is the guy I want on the  Bengals. My point isn't wether he his worth a top 10 pick my point is I just don't think a guy with his physical traits and character concerns will be drafted that high. He very well deserves it but that doesn't mean it will happen.There are a lot of politics that go into these decisions and it just doesn't favor Baker.
J24

Reply/Quote