Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love this stat
Bengals are outpacing opponents 52-6 by halftime.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 10:19 AM)Whacked Wrote: Bengals are outpacing opponents 52-6 by halftime.

Impressive.  Now, just clean up the 4th quarter.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I also think that if Marvin didn't apply his uber conservative "let's not hurt the other team's feelings or embarrass them so let's win by 1 point b/c that's the nice guy thing to do and as the Coach-I'm all about rainbows, unicorns and sweetness"....then we could/would put up SICK numbers.
Reply/Quote
The team is having trouble defensively in the 4th quarter. Right around the time they switch from press coverage to zone/prevent. Coincidence? I think not. Why not play press coverage for the entire game?
Reply/Quote
I actually think that is kind of a sad stat. The fact that we've outscored our opponents that much in the first half and still had 2 games come down to the wire is not a great sign. Just shows we continue to let good teams stick around and have trouble closing teams out definitively. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 10:37 AM)Sweetness Wrote: I actually think that is kind of a sad stat. The fact that we've outscored our opponents that much in the first half and still had 2 games come down to the wire is not a great sign. Just shows we continue to let good teams stick around and have trouble closing teams out definitively. 

Read post #3  :snark:
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 10:37 AM)Sweetness Wrote: I actually think that is kind of a sad stat. The fact that we've outscored our opponents that much in the first half and still had 2 games come down to the wire is not a great sign. Just shows we continue to let good teams stick around and have trouble closing teams out definitively. 

It shows other teams adjust or play better in the 2nd half. When has this not been a Marvin Lewis team thing?

What is Marvin Lewis responsible for? Some of us don't put any responsibility/blame on him at all.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 11:54 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It shows other teams adjust or play better in the 2nd half. When has this not been a Marvin Lewis team thing?

What is Marvin Lewis responsible for? Some of us don't put any responsibility/blame on him at all.

Lewis was called out a lot last season for the no or ineffective in-game adjustments. Many people wondered if we were making any adjustments at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Right, so IMO so far, that hasn't changed.

Hill fumbling may just be a fluke, but that didn't change. AJ is performing but he's tipped a few balls. The only thing I see changed is a healthy offense allows Dalton to perform at a higher level.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 11:54 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It shows other teams adjust or play better in the 2nd half. When has this not been a Marvin Lewis team thing?

Last two season Bengals have ranked 7th and 11th in third quarter points scored.  Marvin is obviously doing something at halftime that is better than most other coaches in the league.  Let us see how the numbers look for this entire season before we write off the bengals ahlftime adjustments.

Amazing that a coach can get criticized for coming into games so much better prepared than his opponenets and going 3-0.
Reply/Quote