Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
O Line Injuries Concern Me In Regards To Burrow
(10-10-2021, 10:05 AM)G man Wrote: Think it might be a terrible attempt at satire

It's a terrible attemt at something, for sure.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:52 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Tell me you don’t watch the Bengals, without telling me you don’t watch the Bengals.

1 sack in the last 2 games. Packers D-line is no better than Bears or Chicago’s so we should be fine.

no better than the Bears for sure but definitely better than Chicago.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2021, 07:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: um...

uhhh...

what?

This dude wants the 92 cowboys starting Oline. 

We have 1 backup playing and he was our top drafted Olineman. Nothing he said even makes sense... Burrow has only been sacked 1 time in 2 weeks. It's obvious the line made alot of progress. 
Reply/Quote
Kevin's right. If there's No blocking, Burrow will get killed. Of course with NO blocking, the Bengals will have negative net yards. With NO blocking, this would be the most lopsided game in the history of the NFL. Somehow, I think Kevin's theoretical proposition will fail, as on the kickoff, I'll bet my life savings, whether the Bengals receive or kick off, some member of special teams will block somebody.
Reply/Quote
If our team is getting blown out beyond recovery, then yes...  I would pull Burrow and some other starters out Kevin.

Other than that, Burrow is staying in unless he gets noticeably gimpy or beaten down.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:52 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Tell me you don’t watch the Bengals, without telling me you don’t watch the Bengals.

1 sack in the last 2 games. Packers D-line is no better than Bears or Chicago’s so we should be fine.

They did just add ex cowboys Jaylon Smith to that D. Hopefully he isn’t an impact player immediately. There secondary is suspect though, so I wouldn’t mind seeing a few more passing attempts this week to try and take advantage of that issue.
Reply/Quote
Fans need to stop acting like Burrow is made of glass.  Last year the following QBs had more knockdowns (QB hits + sacks) than Burrow's 81 and did not get injured

Cousins........123
Wilson..........122
Ryan............121
Herbert........110
Watson........ 98
Tannehill...... 90
Mahommes.. 87
Stafford....... 85
Brady.......... 84

Injuries are often just bad luck.  NO quarterback can play without taking some hits.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Screen-Shot-2017-06-22-at-11.15.21-AM.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fans need to stop acting like Burrow is made of glass.  Last year the following QBs had more knockdowns (QB hits + sacks) than Burrow's 81 and did not get injured

Cousins........123
Wilson..........122
Ryan............121
Herbert........110
Watson........ 98
Tannehill...... 90
Mahommes.. 87
Stafford....... 85
Brady.......... 84

Injuries are often just bad luck.  NO quarterback can play without taking some hits.

This... Joe Burrow isn't a lil girl. They've tried to improve the line in front of him, and so far so good.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote