Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O-line Combine Drills
Anybody else watching?

I'm impressed with how most of these guys can move. This would be a great year to grab a couple of guys, one early one late, and start adding some youth and size to the o-line.

Group 1: Elflein, Asiata, Dunker, Cooper, Feeney, Dawkins have all looked really good.

Group 2: Robinson, Siragusa, Moton, Isidora, Theaker, Sharpe, Lamp looked best of the group.
Reply/Quote
Dan Skipper is the ugliest and weird looking lineman ive ever seen.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Can't watch, stuck at work.  Any of these cats looking like a good fit here?  Any numbers on em?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:56 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Can't watch, stuck at work.  Any of these cats looking like a good fit here?  Any numbers on em?

NFL.com has all the numbers. I was watching he drills to see foot movement, flipping and sinking hips, bending knees. My list in the OP are the ones I thought looked the best doing those things.
Reply/Quote
I'm dvr...ing it. What little I saw earlier, Dawkins impressed me. I kind wanted Zach Banner , now not so sure, he looked slow out there.
Reply/Quote
There's a few guys that would look good as interior players. Such as Feeney, Asiata, Bolles, Elflein, Pocic.

There's a few more. While I view losing Zeitler as a downfall, I think we could get a decent guard in the draft. I still prefer him to any of these players. But we still have possibilities.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Havent seen the piano man out there. He is usually on the field. Maybe we told him to stay home because his talent evaluation skills are shit.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 02:37 PM)Okeana Wrote: Dan Skipper is the ugliest and weird looking lineman ive ever seen.

Have you seen Winston? He is walking talking real life ogre.
Reply/Quote
DVR'd and will watch later with a few adult beverages, but my boy Dunker is looking good on all the measurables.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 07:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: DVR'd and will watch later with a few adult beverages, but my boy Dunker is looking good on all the measurables.

Yeah Dunker was impressive in his size and still able to move really well.
Reply/Quote
Slowest group I have ever seen. That doesn't really matter for OL though.

The list of OL who ran under 5.0 40s is a successful bunch on the other hand.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 06:52 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: There's a few guys that would look good as interior players. Such as Feeney, Asiata, Bolles, Elflein, Pocic.

There's a few more. While I view losing Zeitler as a downfall, I think we could get a decent guard in the draft. I still prefer him to any of these players. But we still have possibilities.

I'm liking Kamara in the 2nd and Asiata in the 3rd right now !
Reply/Quote
Quick summary who i think 'tested' the best

Bolles T....doubtful we would be in play here but he tested great. 40 4.95, 115 broad, 4.55 shuttle. Didn't lift though

Lamp G/T...He checked a lot of boxes. 40 5.00, Bench 34, Broad 111, 4.62 shuttle

Siragusa G...Did not run well...40 5.35, but...Bench 28, Vertical 32, Broad 110, 4.56 shuttle

Moton G/T...40 5.18, Broad 109, shuttle 4.58

Disappointments...

The two USC guys...Mama and Banner. Also Elflein didn't test well.
Reply/Quote
Russell Bodine had 5.18 40, 42 reps, 109 broad, 4.66 shuttle
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 12:30 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Russell Bodine had 5.18 40, 42 reps, 109 broad, 4.66 shuttle

holy shit we should draft that guy  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 12:30 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Russell Bodine had 5.18 40, 42 reps, 109 broad, 4.66 shuttle

AND he was able to knock PA right on his keister.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:43 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: holy shit we should draft that guy  Whatever

Even if we have to trade up to do it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 07:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Havent seen the piano man out there. He is usually on the field. Maybe we told him to stay home because his talent evaluation skills are shit.

They put him in Combine time out.  Hopefully, they'll put him in draft day time out too.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 11:32 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Quick summary who i think 'tested' the best

Bolles T....doubtful we would be in play here but he tested great.   40  4.95, 115 broad, 4.55 shuttle.  Didn't lift though

Lamp G/T...He checked a lot of boxes.  40  5.00, Bench  34, Broad  111, 4.62 shuttle

Siragusa G...Did not run well...40 5.35,  but...Bench 28, Vertical  32, Broad  110, 4.56 shuttle

Moton G/T...40 5.18, Broad 109, shuttle 4.58

Disappointments...

The two USC guys...Mama and Banner.  Also Elflein didn't test well.

Thought elflien had a good combine.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 08:47 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Thought elflien had a good combine.

The numbers really don't show it.  Six centers competed.  Elflein, Fuller, Orlosky, Pocic, Toth and Roullier.

Orlosky only tested in bench and skipped the rest

Elflein was...

3rd out of 5 in the 40
5th out of 6 in the bench
5th out of 5 in the vertical
3rd out of 5 in the broad
4th out of 5 in the 3 cone
2nd out of 5 in the 20 shuttle

By the way, I like Elflein.... but he didn't test well in the drills
Reply/Quote