Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O-line in remainder of draft.
We will draft some more O-linemen. Our roster is still thin at that position group. But after spending free agent money on Miller and Hart I don't see us taking another O-lineman until the fifth round or later.

Can't predict who we will take in each round because we don't know who is available, but I see our biggest needs right now to be LB (for obvious reasons), CB (Dennard is on a 1 year deal). After those two I would say TE and DT. I'd like to see us address all of those positions before going back for another O-lineman.
Reply/Quote
I think CB is something they draft soon. I doubt they pay big money to both Dennard AND Jackson, so we'd need a CB.

TE. Obviously LB. Backup QB.

DT is interesting. The guys we play next to Geno all score low 70's on PFF which is not bad. But, watching them they appear to do worse.
Reply/Quote
On the one hand, I agree with you Fred.

On the other hand, if we don't grab another OL early this year we're probably going to have to next year. There may be some logic to grabbing a guy you really believe in now to give you some more freedom next year, especially if you're planning on looking at QBs and may need to be willing to move up.
Reply/Quote
I'd honestly be totally fine if the vast majority of the rest of our picks were Oline and Linebackers.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
A lot of this depends on how the Bengals view Hart. IF they view him as a capable starter, they won't pick an OT. They'll groom him to be the 3rd Tackle off the bench.

And Glenn likely will miss games at some point.

With the value at OT, I would be ok with drafting one here.
Reply/Quote
I really like the first round pick.So far,A+rating in my opinion.But,I think they made a mistake in signing Hart,especially the price I believe was to steep for a player of his caliber.Had it not been for this unfortunate signing,they could have picked up a Quality offensive lineman at pick 42.There are still some very good O-linemen on the board.Like aquapod has said,I would be totally satisfied if the vast majority of the rest of our picks were O linemen and linebackers.
Reply/Quote
Don't sleep on Daly out of South Carolina.  He'd be a solid 4th/5th round option.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We will draft some more O-linemen. Our roster is still thin at that position group.  But after spending free agent money on Miller and Hart I don't see us taking another O-lineman until the fifth round or later.

Can't predict who we will take in each round because we don't know who is available, but I see our biggest needs right now to be LB (for obvious reasons), CB (Dennard is on a 1 year deal).  After those two I would say TE and DT.  I'd like to see us address all of those positions before going back for another O-lineman.

In round 2 and 3 unless FO decides to go with a QB of future like Lock (only one I would use 2nd round pick on), I see then
 needs in order right now:
1. LB
2. WR
3. CB
4. TE
5. DL
6. OL

I hope we have a BPA in round 2 at LB, then in round 3 a BPA at WR. Once AJ went down, we had major issues on offense, so if he goes down again, we need someone capable to stretch the coverage. last year it was glaring how bad Core, Malone and Ross were.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 03:04 PM)NKURyan Wrote: On the one hand, I agree with you Fred.

On the other hand, if we don't grab another OL early this year we're probably going to have to next year. There may be some logic to grabbing a guy you really believe in now to give you some more freedom next year, especially if you're planning on looking at QBs and may need to be willing to move up.

I think this is a good point. Boling's contract is up after this year and it sounds like the team isn't thrilled with what they got out of Glenn last year. I think if they feel like they need another tackle for next year, they'd want to go w/one 2nd or 3rd. If it's guard, they can probably wait until round 4 with someone like Michael Jordan from OSU.  I think everyone would feel a lot better about it if they are able to address other need positions by picking up an extra 3rd or 4th this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We will draft some more O-linemen. Our roster is still thin at that position group. But after spending free agent money on Miller and Hart I don't see us taking another O-lineman until the fifth round or later.

Can't predict who we will take in each round because we don't know who is available, but I see our biggest needs right now to be LB (for obvious reasons), CB (Dennard is on a 1 year deal). After those two I would say TE and DT. I'd like to see us address all of those positions before going back for another O-lineman.

I think it depends on how much these new coaches are determined on winning and it also depends on what player falls. A player like Dalton Risner or Cody Ford is a rare player and is still at a position of need regardless. Miller is okay but these guys could be great, Hart's deal is overblown and we can get out of it next year without suffering much at all.

Jonah can play LT too and both Risner and Ford can play RG or RT. Lots of options.

I think they signed Dennard to a one year deal to really see if he can stay healthy, if he can and he plays well we will sign him to an extended contract. Murphy or Rock Ya Sin are the only guys i would really like at 42 honestly if we go Corner, i don't like Greedy Williams, he can't tackle.
Reply/Quote
Out of the top 7 remaining on my big board, 4 are offensive lineman. Taylor, Ford, Risner, and McCoy.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 05:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think it depends on how much these new coaches are determined on winning and it also depends on what player falls. A player like Dalton Risner or Cody Ford is a rare player and is still at a position of need regardless. Miller is okay but these guys could be great, Hart's deal is overblown and we can get out of it next year without suffering much at all.

Jonah can play LT too and both Risner and Ford can play RG or RT. Lots of options.

I think they signed Dennard to a one year deal to really see if he can stay healthy, if he can and he plays well we will sign him to an extended contract. Murphy or Rock Ya Sin are the only guys i would really like at 42 honestly if we go Corner, i don't like Greedy Williams, he can't tackle.
Agree with you. Cody Ford with Williams could take this line to a new level. Many projected him as a mid to early first rounder. He could give us 2 first round talents on the line in one draft. I think we could get a lb in 3 with the same talent as in round 2 in this draft. As you said murphy is a round 1 talent as well. With sitting at the 10th pick we should be able to get some great value with bpa. We will not fill all the needs in the draft so why not get top talent available rather than reaching for need. If we can take a bad line and turn it into a strength for the forseeable future this year I feel you do it.  
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 05:36 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Agree with you. Cody Ford with Williams could take this line to a new level. Many projected him as a mid to early first rounder. He could give us 2 first round talents on the line in one draft. I think we could get a lb in 3 with the same talent as in round 2 in this draft. As you said murphy is a round 1 talent as well. With sitting at the 10th pick we should be able to get some great value with bpa. We will not fill all the needs in the draft so why not get top talent available rather than reaching for need. If we can take a bad line and turn it into a strength for the forseeable future this year I feel you do it.  

No doubt Ray, plus i would of been more than fine with Ford in the First let alone getting Jonah and him with our first two picks, would be epic. Also hear that Tackle is weak in next years Draft, would be a great time to double down. I am hoping Germaine Pratt falls to the 3rd where we can get him.

I like Pratt more than the guy the Stoolers traded up for LMAO!
Reply/Quote
So offensive line, let's say that Williams is above average as a rookie. We know that Boling should be above average to good.

Glenn has been below average to average last year. He's been hurt each of the last 3 years. Do we want Hart to back him up and play LT? If the answer to that is no, that's the case for going Tackle in the 2nd Round.

Price is a question mark at Center, but he should improve. We have Hopkins there also.

Then at Guard, we have Miller and Redmond. Miller was average last year for Buffalo which is an improvement over Redmond. But, there are Guards in the draft that would upgrade Miller too...I just don't know that the Bengals would go that route.

IF Ford can play Tackle and Guard...that might be a REALLY nice fit as a backup initially that takes over as a starter. I believe Boling is a free agent after next season.
Reply/Quote