Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O line struggeling
(08-11-2017, 03:50 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why is it going to be shredded? It's a preseason game. It doesn't matter if they play amazing or if they play like shit. It's not going to tell us how well they will play in the regular season.

Sorry Brownshoe, I can't agree with this. If Og a/o Fisher play poorly it will affect the well being and health of others on the team E.g. QB. Also, other not-so-great players will try to compensate and we know that will not end well. See 2016.

I HOPE THEY PLAY WELL ALL SEASON.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 04:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, you probably read that from Lapham last season cause it is also true at times it seemed like he wasn't even trying.

Good thing Lap has been praising Og so far this year. Like i said, might not be as bad as some think.

Well that's good to hear because Lap always tells it like it is.  Hasn't Willie Anderson been working with him too?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 03:50 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Why is it going to be shredded? It's a preseason game. It doesn't matter if they play amazing or if they play like shit. It's not going to tell us how well they will play in the regular season.

I seem to remember this same sentiment being expressed last year when Bodine and Ogbuehi looked like hot puke in the preseason. And then they regular season came and they looked like hot puke still...
Reply/Quote
The thing that sucks the most is that since Ced is a personal, hand-selected favorite of Alexander the Great, he has nothing to worry about. He'll always have a home on our OLine and AtG will continue to defend him and sing his praises and tell us ignorant fans that we don't know anything.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 07:49 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Well that's good to hear because Lap always tells it like it is.  Hasn't Willie Anderson been working with him too?

I think Willie offered....but the egotistical Piano Man would have none of it....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 07:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think Willie offered....but the egotistical Piano Man would have none of it....

I checked and he did work with them.  Dan Hoard tweeted it on August 8th.  I would share the screenshot, but I can't figure out how to make pictures show up as anything other than a thumbnail.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 07:15 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I checked and he did work with them.  Dan Hoard tweeted it on August 8th.  I would share the screenshot, but I can't figure out how to make pictures show up as anything other than a thumbnail.

Some of the greatest tackles in Bengals history (Willy Whit Lap Munoz) got ahold of Ced this offseason. 

On a side note 2 of 4 of those guys were drafted and learned under PA...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 07:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think Willie offered....but the egotistical Piano Man would have none of it....

I did see videos of Willie in camp working with linemen. 

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Training-Camp-Report-88/005f0231-2964-4667-aa12-b951d20f6dd2

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2017, 07:15 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I checked and he did work with them.  Dan Hoard tweeted it on August 8th.  I would share the screenshot, but I can't figure out how to make pictures show up as anything other than a thumbnail.

(08-13-2017, 02:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I did see videos of Willie in camp working with linemen. 

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Training-Camp-Report-88/005f0231-2964-4667-aa12-b951d20f6dd2

Cool.....was not aware. Thanks for sharing. Was this from this season? I remember Willie offering last season, but no one took him up on it?

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 04:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: Cool.....was not aware. Thanks for sharing. Was this from this season? I remember Willie offering last season, but no one took him up on it?

Yeah. That was this year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 07:46 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. That was this year. 

.....am I right in that he offered last year as well, or am I thinking of someone else?

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 11:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....am I right in that he offered last year as well, or am I thinking of someone else?

I do remember him (i'm pretty sure it's him) saying that in the past he's offered but the Bengals declined. 

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2017, 07:49 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Well that's good to hear because Lap always tells it like it is.  Hasn't Willie Anderson been working with him too?

Yes he has and Og does look better than last year already especially in the run game.

Would be awesome if Willie became our new O-line coach after this season.

If he wanted to that is.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 12:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes he has and Og does look better than last year already especially in the run game.

Would be awesome if Willie became our new O-line coach after this season.

If he wanted to that is.

How well does he play the piano?

On a serious note, I would totally be on board with this.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 12:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I do remember him (i'm pretty sure it's him) saying that in the past he's offered but the Bengals declined. 

I thought so....and maybe it was someone else.....possibly, the Piano Man has softened as of late....or might, dare I say, think his ass is on the line and needs all the help he can get! LMAO

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 01:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: I thought so....and maybe it was someone else.....possibly, the Piano Man has softened as of late....or might, dare I say, think his ass is on the line and needs all the help he can get! LMAO

Sure was refreshing that is all i know.

If either Willie, Munoz or Lap could be our next O-line coach this team could make a push for the whole thing IMHO.

So many weapons and this Defense will be good. First Preseason game and Sims and MJ were starting, this will change.

When Billings and the best DE out of Willis, Smith and Clarke start we will be much better on Defense.

Minter is still getting his feet wet, he will be better. Burfict looked like he was taking it easy on Mike Evans, didn't want to
knock him the hell out in a meaningless preseason game. Dennard had good coverage on the big Evans catch down the
sideline and that play wouldn't of happened if we had a MJ and Sims replaced by the better pass rushers IMO.
Reply/Quote