Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O line struggeling
(08-05-2017, 06:04 PM)Millhouse Wrote: The o line struggling..

BigZ is known for these negative nancy posts Millhouse.

It is no surprise that the O-line would have some problems early on going against our new Defensive front.

Actually Og has done better than most everyone expected and Essex had a great post up stating how the
O-line was much better today. I would be more concerned if the Defense wasn't kicking ass right now.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 05:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Neither of our tackles are veterans.. the Coaching staff knows this and knows they will have to protect them with a variety of tools they have to play with as they continue to develop. I was impressed today with Kroft.. not just pass routes and catching but I iso him a few times and he blocked very well.. with him, hewitt and eifert we have blocking to help our tackles.. Finally it was so noticeable the difference Dalton and the other QBS... Dalton is so much faster in reads and getting the ball out... 

On a side note I though Driskell handled himself well at QB.. he has improved...

We can't forget this is Driskell's first camp as a Bengal. I saw him live last Monday as AJ was out and his arm is on par with AD, but he was slower making reads and threw into coverage a few times, I want to see him in a game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Did anyone pick up Nick Mangold? Is he hurt? Did he retire?
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 06:04 PM)Millhouse Wrote: The o line struggling..

Well starting online wasn't struggling today based on their play they did a decent job overall like I said this line is not going to be great but  it does not need to be great as long as the Bengals use the many options they have plus I I see an improvement in the running game which will help the passing game immensely
Reply/Quote
I mean, to be honest, these mock games don't require much game planning or strategy. It's running random plays and trying to score and have fun.

Plus, there's no legit tackling/contact so it's hard to base the offensive line.

With that said, Ogbuehi seems to be struggling a lot and is getting beat by fast players. Which is actually VERY disappointing due to one of the main reasons Ogbuehi was viewed as a potential franchise OT was his quick, athletic feet and legs. It doesn't sound good so far.

But, take camp with a grain of salt.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 10:03 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean, to be honest, these mock games don't require much game planning or strategy. It's running random plays and trying to score and have fun.

Plus, there's no legit tackling/contact so it's hard to base the offensive line.

With that said, Ogbuehi seems to be struggling a lot and is getting beat by fast players. Which is actually VERY disappointing due to one of the main reasons Ogbuehi was viewed as a potential franchise OT was his quick, athletic feet and legs. It doesn't sound good so far.

But, take camp with a grain of salt.

There is contact at the line especially on the snap of ball especially at end.. and from today's scrimmage Ogbuehi did a solid job with speed rush... he push them wide numerous times and Dalton and AJ stepped up like they should do as a QB .  As i stated before, there are various ways to mask your LT if you are worried about speed rush etc.. but I liked what I saw today out of his foot movement.. bias alert I coached offense line  so i probably am a bit more protective of them but have seen improvement from Ogbuehi and think if he stays healthy and plays a full preseason for first time.. he will continue to develop before the opener.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 05:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Neither of our tackles are veterans.. the Coaching staff knows this and knows they will have to protect them with a variety of tools they have to play with as they continue to develop. I was impressed today with Kroft.. not just pass routes and catching but I iso him a few times and he blocked very well.. with him, hewitt and eifert we have blocking to help our tackles.. Finally it was so noticeable the difference Dalton and the other QBS... Dalton is so much faster in reads and getting the ball out... 

On a side note I though Driskell handled himself well at QB.. he has improved...

Remember Andy has the second fastest release time in the NFL (only faster is Tom Brady). So Driskell and AJM will naturally look slower next to him. 
Reply/Quote
If the oline can just rank 12-17 that would be amazing. Plus I don't see many blitzes with our weapons.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 11:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: ........ bias alert I coached offense line  so i probably am a bit more protective of them but have seen improvement from Ogbuehi and think if he stays healthy and plays a full preseason for first time.. he will continue to develop before the opener.

Hey Paul, a.k.a Piano Man / The Maestro, is that you?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/8/4/16100328/bengals-training-camp-2017-5-takeaways-day-7 

Quote:Sadly, Ogbuehi getting beat has been a consistent theme the past two days. If your left tackle is struggling, it really doesn’t matter how well the other four linemen are playing. It’s going to make the whole line look bad, but Ogbuehi can’t take the entire blame when one of the league’s worst centers is next to a project right guard in the starting lineup.

Welp, at least from Marcum's perspective, all of our worst fears are coming to fruition. However, I also keep reading how well stocked the Bengals are at DT, perhaps we could trade one our surplus DTs for a decent OL prospect?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Probably preparing the RUN/RUN/PASS/PUNT offense. Time to play field position.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 10:31 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Probably preparing the RUN/RUN/PASS/PUNT offense. Time to play field position.

Don't forget the obligatory shuttle-pass in there..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 10:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/8/4/16100328/bengals-training-camp-2017-5-takeaways-day-7 

Welp, at least from Marcum's perspective, all of our worst fears are coming to fruition.  However, I also keep reading how well stocked the Bengals are at DT, perhaps we could trade one our surplus DTs for a decent OL prospect?

Wow that is frustrating. Yeah, maybe a trade like that makes sense. I'm still unhappy we didn't get a backup LT in the draft this year -- could've at least competed with Ced O. 

You really have to wonder if the Dalton will be durable enough down the stretch if we don't get better at pass pro. 

Reply/Quote
I notice that it's not that there struggling but where they are struggling. It seems that like all of 2016 they are having the most problems in the redzone.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 10:38 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't forget the obligatory shuttle-pass in there..

Second series Tongue

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 09:49 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Hey Paul, a.k.a Piano Man / The Maestro, is that you?!?!?  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not even close but I did meet him at a coaches clinic years ago... and I suck on the piano... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 11:06 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: not even close but I did meet him at a coaches clinic years ago... and I suck on the piano... Hilarious

I also know someone who was at a coaches clinic with Alexander teaching......he wasn't impressed with Alexander.......
Reply/Quote
I am not buying into this doomsday scenario.....where all is lost....
I think the O-line will hold it's own....other teams have problems too....
lets see what happens this Friday when we play T.B.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2017, 11:11 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote:
I also know someone who was at a coaches clinic with Alexander teaching......he wasn't impressed with Alexander.......

The only person who has ever been impressed with PA is Mike Brown. If the two weren't so chummy he would have (should have) been fired decades ago. Anybody who honestly believes the likes of Dennis Roland, Nate Livings and Eric Ghaicuc (guys who PA constantly not only stuck up for but hyped them up as the greatest things since sliced bread) had any business on an NFL field has no business coaching in the NFL. Now it seems like Ogbuehi and Fisher might be the next generation of PA failures. But of course he won't admit his mistake and will keep playing them and defending them until the bitter end  Whatever
Reply/Quote
With so much attention on who the starters are going to be, there hasn't been any talk about the young back-ups and who makes the team as the 9th guy or hangs around on the PS. I'd really like to know how Lechler and Perkins have looked.
Reply/Quote