Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
OBJ
He now is liking Jamarr Chase instagram posts after dong the same with Burrow. He isn't liking any Leonard Fournette posts or Honey badger posts so I'm starting to think since their is smoke their might be a fire.
Reply/Quote
He probably wouldn't be back until November for the playoff run. This would lower his price some. So I'm going to go with maybe.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If someone gets hurt midseason, maybe. If the 3 WRs are healthy, then no way. There's zero chance that he'll be happy being the 4th WR and getting the 4th/5th most targets, and he's already forced his way off two teams.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 01:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If someone gets hurt midseason, maybe. If the 3 WRs are healthy, then no way. There's zero chance that he'll be happy being the 4th WR and getting the 4th/5th most targets, and he's already forced his way off two teams.

Exactly

Like you say someone gets hurt, maybe ? But I'd be pretty surprised 1. If they'd go after him right now. 2. If he would even come here to be #4 ?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 01:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

Like you say someone gets hurt, maybe ? But I'd be pretty surprised 1. If they'd go after him right now. 2. If he would even come here to be #4 ?

Why would he be a #4? The nfl is changing. The more weapons you have the better. We have 2 #1 receivers. Why not have 3#1. Higgins and OBJ on the outside, Boyd and chase in the slot. Not every play, but Burrow is gonna throw for 5,000 yards. There’s enough to feed all 4. Plus he’s insurance in case anyone is banged up for the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
It makes more sense than I thought initially even if I don't like the guy.

Maybe he is changing for the better and becoming less selfish? I hope so.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It makes more sense than I thought initially even if I don't like the guy.

Maybe he is changing for the better and becoming less selfish? I hope so.

He’s becoming a better and less selfish person because he’s liking Jamarr’s and Burrow’s Instagrams? Lmfao

Get some sun, Nate
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 02:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He’s becoming a better and less selfish person because he’s liking Jamarr’s and Burrow’s Instagrams? Lmfao

Get some sun, Nate

Not what I said Frank lol

Has nothing to do with his likes WTF?

Has to do with him becoming a Bengal or not doisniff...
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 02:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not what I said Frank lol

Has nothing to do with his likes WTF?

Has to do with him becoming a Bengal or not doisniff...

Vitamin D, Nathaniel
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 02:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Vitamin D, Nathaniel

The name's NATE! 

You watch your mouth!Mad Hilarious

Maybe I have had too much sun ever thought about that?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 12:55 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He now is liking Jamarr Chase instagram posts after dong the same with Burrow. He isn't liking any Leonard Fournette posts or Honey badger posts so I'm starting to think since their is smoke their might be a fire.

we dont really care who likes whos post on social media...
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 02:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Maybe I have had too much sun ever thought about that?

Too much sun will turn you into a Nathan’s hot dog
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 02:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Too much sun will turn you into a Nathan’s hot dog

Might be happening ha ha

Still, not a fan of bringing in OBJ even if he wants to be a Bengal. He just don't fit what Zac is building around here.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 01:42 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Why would he be a #4? The nfl is changing. The more weapons you have the better. We have 2 #1 receivers. Why not have 3#1. Higgins and OBJ on the outside, Boyd and chase in the slot. Not every play, but Burrow is gonna throw for 5,000 yards. There’s enough to feed all 4. Plus he’s insurance in case anyone is banged up for the playoffs.

OBJ hasn't been a #1 in anything other than his mind, and some of the media that still loves him based off past hype, since 2016.

Even with the Rams, he had 593 yards in 12 games (including playoffs). They just force fed him in the red zone to keep him happy so he got some TDs, and that was when he was the 2nd best receiving target on the offense, not the 4th.

He wouldn't be happy being "insurance", and there's absolutely no reason to have Chase, Higgins, or Boyd on the field less to appease him, because they're all better than him. The Bengals do need a guy who will be a productive #4 WR, but they don't need one who will be rocking the boat because he thinks he's a #1 WR.

OBJ is the Yasiel Puig of the NFL. Lots of big success early in a big market that didn't last, but the hype, name recognition, ego, and antics have lasted.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 01:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If someone gets hurt midseason, maybe. If the 3 WRs are healthy, then no way. There's zero chance that he'll be happy being the 4th WR and getting the 4th/5th most targets, and he's already forced his way off two teams.

(06-29-2022, 01:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

To both above, exactly, and we wouldn't even need him. He'd bring unnecessary attention and unnecessary noise to the locker room. He's also going to want a nice chunk of change. 

Related to bringing unnecessary attention, how mad would players like Chase, Higgins, and Boyd be if their play got us to a Super Bowl and then OBJ comes in getting lots of offseason attention and probably a lot of attention from the announcers and analysts on ESPN and NFL Network?

If he's suddenly liking the posts, I'm guessing it's because he sees that his future doesn't look too bright. 

Who else's posts is he liking? Does he like a lot of NFL players' posts?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 03:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: OBJ hasn't been a #1 in anything other than his mind, and some of the media that still loves him based off past hype, since 2016.

Even with the Rams, he had 593 yards in 12 games (including playoffs). They just force fed him in the red zone to keep him happy so he got some TDs, and that was when he was the 2nd best receiving target on the offense, not the 4th.

He wouldn't be happy being "insurance", and there's absolutely no reason to have Chase, Higgins, or Boyd on the field less to appease him, because they're all better than him. The Bengals do need a guy who will be a productive #4 WR, but they don't need one who will be rocking the boat because he thinks he's a #1 WR.

OBJ is the Yasiel Puig of the NFL. Lots of big success early in a big market that didn't last, but the hype, name recognition, ego, and antics have lasted.

Well said TLL. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 03:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: OBJ hasn't been a #1 in anything other than his mind, and some of the media that still loves him based off past hype, since 2016.

You realize OBJ had more receiving yards in the NFCCG than Tyler Boyd had during our entire playoff run, right?  

He was barely behind Higgins in receiving yards and topped him in total yards despite missing half a game and Tee getting 75 yards on one of the worst no calls in SB history.  

I think folks thinking OBJ would be a WR4 simply aren't being realistic about our WR situation.  
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 04:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: You realize OBJ had more receiving yards in the NFCCG than Tyler Boyd had during our entire playoff run, right?  

He was barely behind Higgins in receiving yards and topped him in total yards despite missing half a game and Tee getting 75 yards on one of the worst no calls in SB history.  

I think folks thinking OBJ would be a WR4 simply aren't being realistic about our WR situation.  

Yes, because he was the second most targeted player on their team in the postseason while Boyd was the 4th most targeted player on this team for the postseason (nearly 5th). Their alternative was to throw more to Tyler Higbee or Van Jefferson. You said it yourself, he was behind Tee Higgins (the Bengals 2nd targeted player) and Tee Higgins was playing the entire postseason with a torn labrum in just his age 22 season. Higgins will be even better next year while OBJ has already peaked. 

Last 2 Years
Tee Higgins (who will be 23): 141/1,999(14.2)/12
OBJ (who will be 30): 67/856(12.8)/8

Last year during the season, Stafford had a 84.1 QB Rating while targeting OBJ. Burrow had a 116.5 targeting Chase, 110.1 targeting Higgins, and 98.2 targeting Boyd.

Tyler Boyd fills a different role as he has caught 71.6% of his targets the last two years while OBJ is at 53.6%, and he's also a good team player because he's a 2x 1,000 yard receiver who has seen a reduce role due to Chase and Higgins, and we didn't hear a single thing about it, or hear from his dad on social media about it.

Pass on the 30-year-old diva well past his prime with a torn ACL with a history of forcing his way off teams.

Reply/Quote
I think it would be fine. When OBJ went to the Browns he was THE GUY, when he went to the Rams he was A PIECE as Robert Woods was their number 2 behind Kupp before he got hurt. OBJ would have been their number three and went there just fine.

He seems to have a lot of respect of Joey B. I have a feeling if he came here, he wouldn’t be quite the distraction everyone thinks he would be.

If he wants a 1 year deal where he can heal early and make an impact late, no better place to do it than here. Ya’ll did this last year before we drafted Chase- “we don’t need another WR, we have Higgins and Boyd” was said over and over and over.

There is absolutely no depth behind our top three. If he comes here on a 1 year deal he immediately bolsters that when healthy, and can still make plays of a top WR.
Reply/Quote
If he hadn't got hurt so late in the year, then maybe. He's had some injuries lately, who knows how he'll be once he does get on the field. I'd pass.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote