Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
OBJ
(06-30-2022, 06:12 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think it would be fine. When OBJ went to the Browns he was THE GUY, when he went to the Rams he was A PIECE as Robert Woods was their number 2 behind Kupp before he got hurt. OBJ would have been their number three and went there just fine.

He seems to have a lot of respect of Joey B. I have a feeling if he came here, he wouldn’t be quite the distraction everyone thinks he would be.

If he wants a 1 year deal where he can heal early and make an impact late, no better place to do it than here. Ya’ll did this last year before we drafted Chase- “we don’t need another WR, we have Higgins and Boyd” was said over and over and over.

There is absolutely no depth behind our top three. If he comes here on a 1 year deal he immediately bolsters that when healthy, and can still make plays of a top WR.

He provides no depth if not healthy... and if not available till near the end of the year its just a waste.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 08:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: He provides no depth if not healthy... and if not available till near the end of the year its just a waste.

Tell that to the Rams who got both OBJ and Von Miller towards the end of the year, and they won the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
He’s not going to come here be a number 4 receiver and not get paid. Robert Woods tore his ACL November 12th and Beckham signed with them a few days before , he was basically there number 3 for a few days then became there number 2 behind Kupp. I’d only sign him because of an injury.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 11:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, because he was the second most targeted player on their team in the postseason while Boyd was the 4th most targeted player on this team for the postseason (nearly 5th). Their alternative was to throw more to Tyler Higbee or Van Jefferson. You said it yourself, he was behind Tee Higgins (the Bengals 2nd targeted player) and Tee Higgins was playing the entire postseason with a torn labrum in just his age 22 season. Higgins will be even better next year while OBJ has already peaked. 

Last 2 Years
Tee Higgins (who will be 23): 141/1,999(14.2)/12
OBJ (who will be 30): 67/856(12.8)/8

Last year during the season, Stafford had a 84.1 QB Rating while targeting OBJ. Burrow had a 116.5 targeting Chase, 110.1 targeting Higgins, and 98.2 targeting Boyd.

Tyler Boyd fills a different role as he has caught 71.6% of his targets the last two years while OBJ is at 53.6%, and he's also a good team player because he's a 2x 1,000 yard receiver who has seen a reduce role due to Chase and Higgins, and we didn't hear a single thing about it, or hear from his dad on social media about it.

Pass on the 30-year-old diva well past his prime with a torn ACL with a history of forcing his way off teams.

You realize OBJ had a higher Catch %(80.8%) and Yards per Target(11.08) than Higgins(60%/10.3) and Boyd(75%/5.5) in the playoffs, right?  It's accurate to say the only reason Tee had more yards than OBJ is he had more targets and totally incorrect to argue that the only reason OBJ had more yards than Boyd.  If Boyd had gotten OBJ's targets, he'd still be at less than half OBJ's yardage.  Bottom line, OBJ was more productive than Higgins and Boyd last year in the playoffs with his targets.  

As far as regular season stats go, I really couldn't care less in regards to this discussion.  OBJ will miss most of the regular season, anyways.  This is a move you make to try and put us over the top in the playoffs, not the regular season.  I wouldn't care if they say OBJ the entire regular season and busted him out for the playoffs.

I would expect Tee to be the primary WR2, but that can change based on matchups.  We know Tee suffered damage to his labrum when he dislocated his shoulder early in the year.  We don't know the extent of that damage and to what extent it may have hampered him.  It's highly unlikely that it was a complete tear given that he was able to continue playing at a high level.  It seems more likely it was a partial and could simply be a situation where he either reaggravated it in the playoffs or it wasn't responding like they wanted to PT.  Some go over the top on this and act like he was a one armed man out there and it isn't the case.  However, keep in mind that there is a very high risk of reinjury with shoulder injuries like this and Higgins will be eligible for an extension next off-season.  If he suffers any kind of injury where surgery may be necessary, he has a business decision to make and that needs to be in the back of people's heads when talking WR depth 

One really eye opening thing about this discussion is just how bad Tyler Boyd was in the playoffs.  110 yards on 20 targets is brutally bad.  He got a little crap on here for his drop in the SB and his inability to make a block on what would have been a Chase TD, but he sucked all postseason.  A healthy OBJ would definitely beat out Boyd as a WR3 for the playoffs.  Boyd has returned punts in the past, so he could get some touches there.

The other thing people are overlooking is OBJ can play outside or in the slot.  Boyd is only effective in the slot.  Having that flexibility means you can move Chase and Tee into the slot to potentially take advantage of matchups while being able to have a viable threat on the outside.  

We can talk about OBJ's personality all we want.  Bottom line is, he's got a ring and we don't.  He knows the WR situation here.  If he still wants to come here, then he's certainly accepted that he won't be the WR1 and there's going to be competition for targets.  He's also likely on a one year deal and wouldn't gain anything from trying to force his way out.  Another reality is that if we pass on him, he may very well be lined up against us in the playoffs and the guy had a pretty big part in the Rams beating us last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 11:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, because he was the second most targeted player on their team in the postseason while Boyd was the 4th most targeted player on this team for the postseason (nearly 5th). Their alternative was to throw more to Tyler Higbee or Van Jefferson. You said it yourself, he was behind Tee Higgins (the Bengals 2nd targeted player) and Tee Higgins was playing the entire postseason with a torn labrum in just his age 22 season. Higgins will be even better next year while OBJ has already peaked. 

Last 2 Years
Tee Higgins (who will be 23): 141/1,999(14.2)/12
OBJ (who will be 30): 67/856(12.8)/8

Last year during the season, Stafford had a 84.1 QB Rating while targeting OBJ. Burrow had a 116.5 targeting Chase, 110.1 targeting Higgins, and 98.2 targeting Boyd.

Tyler Boyd fills a different role as he has caught 71.6% of his targets the last two years while OBJ is at 53.6%, and he's also a good team player because he's a 2x 1,000 yard receiver who has seen a reduce role due to Chase and Higgins, and we didn't hear a single thing about it, or hear from his dad on social media about it.

Pass on the 30-year-old diva well past his prime with a torn ACL with a history of forcing his way off teams.

Great post TLL, reps. Wink
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 12:47 PM)Whatever Wrote:  Bottom line is, he's got a ring and we don't.  

Blaine Gabbert also has a ring.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 12:47 PM)Whatever Wrote:  and the guy had a pretty big part in the Rams beating us last year.

what? guy got injured in the 2nd quarter

lay off the nose candy
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 01:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: what? guy got injured in the 2nd quarter

lay off the nose candy

Does this mean he wasn't productive? 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2022, 01:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If someone gets hurt midseason, maybe. If the 3 WRs are healthy, then no way. There's zero chance that he'll be happy being the 4th WR and getting the 4th/5th most targets, and he's already forced his way off two teams.

Sure he would be ok with it. He's coming off a 3rd major leg injury. He could ease in here and there and be a weapon come late season and playoff time.. I'm sure he realizes all of this.. I could see him in alot of 4 wr sets...
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 01:25 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Does this mean he wasn't productive? 

he was productive for the first quater and a half.

he wasnt playing the 3rd and 4th. Especially when the bogus Logan Wilson play happened
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 01:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: he was productive for the first quater and a half.

he wasnt playing the 3rd and 4th. Especially when the bogus Logan Wilson play happened

If a player doesn't play the whole game, does that preclude them from being a major contributor? Stafford had a passer rating of 154.8 while OBJ was playing. After OBJ went out, Stafford had a 56 passer rating. How would you describe OBJ's impact on the game while he played, Frank? 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 01:51 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: If a player doesn't play the whole game, does that preclude them from being a major contributor? Stafford had a passer rating of 154.8 while OBJ was playing. After OBJ went out, Stafford had a 56 passer rating. How would you describe OBJ's impact on the game while he played, Frank? 

you said he was a big reason why they won the game. I disagree. I'd have his productiveness like, 7th on the list of why the rams won that game. He was definitely looking like a thorn in cincy's side early on, but that stopped for obvious reasons
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 01:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you said he was a big reason why they won the game. 

No, I didn't. 

Quote:He was definitely looking like a thorn in cincy's side early on, but that stopped for obvious reasons

Could his production early on have played a major role in their victory? He directly scored one touchdown and his second catch was major contributor to another touchdown drive. Were those two touchdowns important for L.A. winning the game? 

I'm asking because you acted like it was a ridiculous thing to say. I'm not sure if I fully agree that OBJ was a major reason why they won, but I can see the argument. I am just wanting to understand why you think it is far fetched enough to tell someone to stop doing cocaine. Other than just you being you, of course.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 01:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you said he was a big reason why they won the game. I disagree. I'd have his productiveness like, 7th on the list of why the rams won that game. He was definitely looking like a thorn in cincy's side early on, but that stopped for obvious reasons

He had 52 yards and a TD before getting hurt.  A TD alone in a game decided by 3 points is a big impact.

Bottom line, the Rams aren't SB champs without OBJ.  They have a ton of great players and several better than him, but we're talking about him as a difference maker in winning a SB.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 01:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote:  I'd have his productiveness like, 7th on the list of why the rams won that game. 

Put the crack pipe down, junior. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He is a very talented WR, not going to lie. I just don't like him but I guess I don't have to like him if he does become a Bengal.

I just don't think he will cause of the way Zac and the FO have built this team. They just don't add these types of people.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 02:01 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No, I didn't. 

Could his production early on have played a major role in their victory? He directly scored one touchdown and his second catch was major contributor to another touchdown drive. Were those two touchdowns important for L.A. winning the game? 

I'm asking because you acted like it was a ridiculous thing to say. I'm not sure if I fully agree that OBJ was a major reason why they won, but I can see the argument. I am just wanting to understand why you think it is far fetched enough to tell someone to stop doing cocaine. Other than just you being you, of course.  Wink

you said he had a big part in winning that game. He played a part. Not a pretty big part

but now we're just splitting hairs
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 03:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you said he had a big part in winning that game. 

No, I didn't. 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 03:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No, I didn't. 

Im confusing you for whatever lol

Whatever said he played a big part in the rams winning that game. Thats what im disputing. He played a part for sure, but it wasnt big
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 03:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im confusing you for whatever lol

Whatever said he played a big part in the rams winning that game. Thats what im disputing. He played a part for sure, but it wasnt big

He had the 2nd most yards from scrimmage for the Rams and scored a TD in a game decided by a FG.
Reply/Quote