Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
OBJ lunches with Joe Cool at Shake in Shack in NYC
(03-17-2023, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OBJ could NEVER be confused with someone else

Right, when I read that I'm like why???
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 03:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Me too.

Better than OBJ or BJ. But then we will get him mixed up with another douche names Brown.  Ninja

He might be in play? WTF does that even mean?

He was talking about when the organization was attempting to sign him. Brown had offers from the Jets and Steelers. "Might be in play" meant they had a chance to sign him... we know the outcome, they did.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 03:31 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Listened to his presser I would say hitting a grand slam out of the park doesn’t do it justice. He laughed at some questions Marvin Lewis had for him in his interview at the combine. One was he was asked the capital of Spain and he laughed that he said Portugal. Then he asked him to count back from a 100 minus 2 each time ( something like that) he said what is this ? I’m a football player lol

I swing a hammer, but know where Madrid is, and can count and subtract by 2s... It's ok to be well rounded.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OBJ could NEVER be confused with someone else

Indeed and was ready to come in here saying that the Bengals can't afford 4 high priced receivers.

Sounds like Mr. Brown is all in and that is music to my ears.

Bates for Brown is one of my favorite moves the Bengals have made over the years. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Easy fix.

OBj

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 03:31 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Listened to his presser I would say hitting a grand slam out of the park doesn’t do it justice. He laughed at some questions Marvin Lewis had for him in his interview at the combine. One was he was asked the capital of Spain and he laughed that he said Portugal. Then he asked him to count back from a 100 minus 2 each time ( something like that) he said what is this ? I’m a football player lol

(03-17-2023, 05:24 PM)jason Wrote: I swing a hammer, but know where Madrid is, and can count and subtract by 2s... It's ok to be well rounded.

that doesn't explain Marvin's drafing, as i recall, seems quite a few of the players he drafted would've failed those tests.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 03:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn, Marvin was here 4yrs ago? Time flies when we're having fun. Glad that MF gone!

True dat Harley, true dat. Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 02:48 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: "He's a lot cooler," said Brown Friday of his first impression. "You hear the nickname, 'Joe Cool,' but sometimes, you know, you hear that, but he's a lot cooler."

"I told him this. I've seen him make some crazy throws. I've seen him make some big plays in some big moments," Brown said. "And you can just tell he's a fierce competitor and he does what he needs to do to get that team over the top."

“Insane, man. It's insane," Brown said. "I was telling (Burrow), I'm in this for Super Bowls. That's what is most important to me. To him as well. Just talking to him, he seems like an extreme competitor. We ate pretty quickly. I feel like we talked for two hours."

"I love ball and I was just really curious how things were called. Certain formations, pass protections, cadences," Brown said. "Hearing Joe talk about different plays, different route concepts, things that he likes, it seems like he's got a ton of confidence in his skill set matched up with the system and matched up with Coach (Zac) Taylor."

https://www.bengals.com/news/orlando-brown-jr-on-lunch-with-joe-burrow-he-s-a-lot-cooler

Good stuff, but am I the only one that almost didn't read this because I thought you were talking about Odell Beckam, Jr. instead of Orlando Brown, Jr?   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 03:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wish we had an emoji with egg on the face. Somehow I missed the word Brown in the article and thought Burrow had lunch with Beckham. I apologize to Brown for my comment. HAHA!

It is even funnier that you responded the same way before you read the article.  And your response was classic.  I can picture Dave Chappell acting that scene out with an OBJ Rams Jersey.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 10:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good stuff, but am I the only one that almost didn't read this because I thought you were talking about Odell Beckam, Jr. instead of Orlando Brown, Jr?   Hilarious

Probably not but you did
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2023, 06:45 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Easy fix.

OBj

Yep, that'll clear it right up. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote