Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OC Brian Callahan interview with Locked on Bengals Podcast
(02-20-2021, 11:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I wouldn't mind bringing Marvin Jones back, as long as his contract reflected his age. He still has good speed and great hands.

I just listened to Marvin Jones interview, sounds like he is chasing a Super Bowl. If so, probably takes us out if the mix.

As for others on the list as I said in the OP, I believe the top 3 get paid close to projection. I think the rest get anywhere from 10 to 20% less and a lot of 1 year deals for anyone who is younger than 30 years old as they wait for a better market in more bucks for long term deals in 2022.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 01:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know some want us to grab a 1st round WR with #5 pick and if Sewell is gone, we may or if Pitts is there we may grab a TE. But here are the WR's who are free agents as of now, this does not include any cap casualty cuts to consider in FA, some spotrac has their esitmated market value also:

Name, Age and Market value per year. The market value in my opinion is OK for the studs, but I see the middle of the pack guys getting 10% less if the cap does indeed drops 10%. Keeping that in mind, anyone on the list you think could step in year #1 and possibly be a 1a with Higgins. I love Boyd, but think he is more of a #2 receiver who is great in the slot.

AJ Green (33) 6 million
TY Hilton (32) 10.2 million
Allan Robinson (28) 20.2 million
Sammy Watkins (28) 10.6 million
Marvin Jones (31) 10.5 million
Perriman (28) 8.9 million
Corey Davis (26) 9.8 million
Wil Fuller (27) 16.9 million
JuJu Smith -Schuster (25) 16.1 million
Nelson Aglohar (28) 9.7 million
Rashard Higgins (27) 6.1 million
Godwin (25) 17.1 million
Kenny Golladay (28) 17 million
Zach Pascal (27) 8.4 million

Others Conway - older, but still fast and likely around 2 million

Do you think the Bengals will bring in any of these guys for a look prior to the draft when FA starts 3/17?

If we make a splash at WR I'd like to see Curtis Samuel, 

I personally think they'll go minor splash with the likes of Conway, Stills, or Byrd
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 12:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think you misread my OP. I simply listed players available as of now in FA, this in not my list.
Then, I asked for thoughts on who fans like.

We got it, you want to remove Fuller from YOUR LIST!

Who would you like if any off the list of available FA's?

My real point was that Will Fuller shouldn't be on anyone's list for the reasons I mentioned.

Unreliable health
Inconsistent play
Bad Hands

Fast - whoopdeedoo
Reply/Quote
If we draft jamar chase then this damn team is never gonna change.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 07:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If it came down to spending $6-8 mill on only one guy, I'd prefer it be on OL over a WR. But if they find they have enough spare change to spend that much on a WR while getting 1-2 really good OL upgrades and re-signing/tagging Lawson, go for it.

Of course we have to look at Oline first, but there are alot of WRs on the market so i could see a few still available after the first way of FA signings and if we want a quality lineman it will probably need to be done on day 1/2 of FA
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 03:06 PM)Stewy Wrote: My real point was that Will Fuller shouldn't be on anyone's list for the reasons I mentioned.

Unreliable health
Inconsistent play
Bad Hands

Fast - whoopdeedoo

players get signed across the board.. especially if price is right.. someone will sign Fuller but but at a bargain price
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 01:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we make a splash at WR I'd like to see Curtis Samuel, 

I personally think they'll go minor splash with the likes of Conway, Stills, or Byrd

Samuel is 25 and projected to be 12.4 million.
I just missed him, but I like him also. But heavy tag for a #2 or #3 receiver skill wise.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 03:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: players get signed across the board.. especially if price is right.. someone will sign Fuller but but at a bargain price

Im sure.....and they'll regret it
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 09:40 PM)Stewy Wrote: Im sure.....and they'll regret it

Really so if we signed a 3rd WR at a bargain price you would regret 600 to 900 yards and 6 to 8 tds next season?
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 11:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Really so if we signed a 3rd WR at a bargain price you would regret 600 to 900 yards and 6 to 8 tds next season?

Sure.  If he's actually on the field and doesn't have his head up his ass.  

Go back and look at his game splits....he gets all his yards in a hand full of games, misses half the games in the season and disappears for the rest.  I've been watching him since his rookie year and he's a disaster, but feel free to look at some random stats and make an impression.  I hope our scouting department is more diligent....
Reply/Quote
Brian Callahan did another Interview with Locked on Bengals.

(Linking the Stitcher URL)
https://www.stitcher.com/show/locked-on-bengals

Callahan talks about Joey B, the Offensive line, Evolution of defensive fronts. He lists 4 under the radar players he excited for entering training camp. (Chris Evans, D'Ante Smith, Pooka Williams, and Auden Tate.) He also mention how they tried to use Auden Tate in that Hybrid WR/TE role last year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 02:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Brian Callahan did another Interview with Locked on Bengals.

(Linking the Stitcher URL)
https://www.stitcher.com/show/locked-on-bengals

Callahan talks about Joey B, the Offensive line, Evolution of defensive fronts. He lists 4 under the radar players he excited for entering training camp. (Chris Evans, D'Ante Smith, Pooka Williams, and Auden Tate.) He also mention how they tried to use Auden Tate in that Hybrid WR/TE role last year.

I mentioned that before the draft but it's going to take more dedication to actually becoming TE-sized before it would benefit them--as he pointed out that it really didn't. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Callahan was also on Lap's podcast. I know Lap's was taped a while ago and Callahan was probably in his home, but Callahan sounded so disinterested. He always sounds ready to go with Locked On.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote