Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OD on OL FTW
I was going to make a mock with the first three picks as OL. I had some guys in mind I was going to take, but decided to run a simulator with the idea. Just to get an idea of how it would shake out. Well the simulator blew the doors off of any best case scenario I was thinking of. So I will go ahead and roll with it. It was a fanspeak on the clock mock with Draftteks most recent rankings. Regular order no trades.

OMG I hope this happens
Reply/Quote
That'd be a really good way to completely fix one problem :)
Reply/Quote
I like those three Nati & better yet any multiple picks of offensive lineman in the first three picks. Go 1/2/3 OL & I promise you Auden Tate is a star in 2021 as a #1 WR.( Already developed but hasn't had an opportunity)

Been the guy but never had a chance to be featured.
https://youtu.be/JbsAwYg9LYE
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 11:17 AM)Emeritus Wrote: I like those three Nati & better yet any multiple picks of offensive lineman in the first three picks. Go 1/2/3 OL & I promise you Auden Tate is a star in 2021 as a #1 WR.( Already developed but hasn't had an opportunity)

Been the guy but never had a chance to be featured.
https://youtu.be/JbsAwYg9LYE

I think people are slipping on Tee. He is our #1. Not trying to discount Tate. I like him. He is our #3 though. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5SOKucpgL8
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 08:08 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think people are slipping on Tee. He is our #1. Not trying to discount Tate. I like him. He is our #3 though. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5SOKucpgL8

tate won't even be our #3 after the draft
Reply/Quote
Love to see the draft play out like that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2021, 11:40 AM)pulses Wrote: tate won't even be our #3 after the draft

ehhhh. It's his job to lose. 

4th year player. It would behoove him to have a career year. And I'm sure he is well aware. Somehow he has 1 career TD. 6'5" WR with super hands and 1 TD in three years? Doesn't make sense to me. He could easily be a double digit TD guy.
Reply/Quote
I think this draft would improve the team. It heavily addresses OL and some DL as well. With a couple WR's thrown in for depth and rotation. As others have pointed out, we have Higgins, Boyd and Tate at WR. That's a pretty good start. Higgins can be a #1 WR no doubt in my mind. Tate will be playing a bigger role for a new contract. He could have a breakout year. And as much as some folks are dow on him. dont forget Uzi at TE. He was having a very good start to the year before injury took him out. He caught Burrow's first TD and was becoming a vocal leader as well.

The OL is what needs fixed, and the DL. This draft hits the OL hard and I like it. We have some guys on 1 year contracts, and C is now a question mark with Hopkins having surgery and Price still not proving he can be a really good starting C. Landon Dickerson has the look of a pro bowl caliber C. When healthy he is an absolute beast in all ways on the field. Reiff is on a one year deal and so is Spain, and I think XSF only signed a 2 year deal when we signed him, or was it 3? Either way the OL needs depth and potential replacements for guys who may only be here a year. Nice way to address the OL NATI.

DL same thing. We signed a good 3t DT but only on a 1 year deal. Same with Daniels. Who knows what we will get out of Tupou after sitting for a year. Will he be the same? Togiai could be a good get, and Cooper could be a steal later in the draft as a rotational pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 10:09 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: ehhhh. It's his job to lose. 

4th year player. It would behoove him to have a career year. And I'm sure he is well aware. Somehow he has 1 career TD. 6'5" WR with super hands and 1 TD in three years? Doesn't make sense to me. He could easily be a double digit TD guy.
When we draft someone like Tylan Wallace or Dyami Brown or Elijah Moore or someone of that calibur he'll lose it.  I like Tate I just don't see the super high upside that some see in him. I would personally think after this long he would have proven that by now.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 06:59 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I was going to make a mock with the first three picks as OL. I had some guys in mind I was going to take, but decided to run a simulator with the idea. Just to get an idea of how it would shake out. Well the simulator blew the doors off of any best case scenario I was thinking of. So I will go ahead and roll with it. It was a fanspeak on the clock mock with Draftteks most recent rankings. Regular order no trades.

OMG I hope this happens

Nice job, you managed to restock the OL, grab a pair of WR, AND come up with a couple of edge rushers.  Well done!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote