Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OFFENNNSSIVEEEE LINE!!!!
(11-01-2019, 04:35 PM)Synric Wrote: The issue with Price is Length he is struggling eating space and it's a problem compounded by the outside zone scheme the Bengals want to run.

The scheme that has the Bengals at the bottom of the league in rushing.

Last year, at least the line got Mixon some room to run.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 08:31 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The scheme that has the Bengals at the bottom of the league in rushing.

Last year, at least the line got Mixon some room to run.

Outside zone works Gary Kubiak has been running it since the 90s. Right now off the top of my head the Rams Raiders Vikings Skins are using it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 08:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Outside zone works Gary Kubiak has been running it since the 90s. Right now off the top of my head the Rams Raiders Vikings Skins are using it.

Yeah, and we look like just like those teams.  Ninja

Gotta run the scheme that your player can execute.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 08:44 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, and we look like just like those teams.  Ninja

Gotta run the scheme that your player can execute.

What fits? 

In 3 seasons they have went from the mid zone/outside with Hue and Paul Alexander to Inside Zone with Pollack and Lazor and now Outside with Taylor and Turner.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 08:48 PM)Synric Wrote: What fits? 

In 3 seasons they have went from the mid zone/outside with Hue and Paul Alexander to Inside Zone with Pollack and Lazor and now Outside with Taylor and Turner.

Well, Mixon has some room last season, so I'd start with that.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 08:48 PM)Synric Wrote: What fits? 

With our current healthy group, I would say bring back the power/man scheme. Redmond, Price, and Jerry lack the nimble feet to be effective outside zone run blockers. The one person who should do well, Hart, has been terrible so might as well try something different.

For a power scheme to be effective we would need good blocking TEs and a fullback is also useful. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 10:01 PM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: With our current healthy group, I would say bring back the power/man scheme. Redmond, Price, and Jerry lack the nimble feet to be effective outside zone run blockers. The one person who should do well, Hart, has been terrible so might as well try something different.

For a power scheme to be effective we would need good blocking TEs and a fullback is also useful. 

They could install a brand new offense mid season but remember it's not just the run game that's changing. It would take more than a bye week.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 10:01 PM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: With our current healthy group, I would say bring back the power/man scheme. Redmond, Price, and Jerry lack the nimble feet to be effective outside zone run blockers. The one person who should do well, Hart, has been terrible so might as well try something different.

re: Hart:

“For those who say you shouldn’t have signed Bobby Hart, who is going to play right tackle? Who? Oh, maybe you’ll draft one in the third round and he’ll come on. Really? You’re going to bet your season on that? We may still draft somebody. We haven’t had the draft yet. But you just can’t criticize. In our business you have to solve the problem. If you’re not going to play him, tell me who? Trent Brown at $17 million? Really? A seventh-round draft pick? Let go essentially by his team. Really? We can’t go to WalMart and buy off the shelf. A high quality starting right tackle? That doesn’t exist (in free agency). You have to deal in the universe of options you have. We ended up signing eight guys. That’s probably above average. Were they perfect? You’re not going to get perfect. …”

Troy Blackburn
Reply/Quote