Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD***
(04-25-2018, 10:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I know we need a Center... But ill be mad if they reach for one in the 1st. if there is higher graded talent available at a position of need

I don’t really get this. Center has been a problem for well over a decade why not finally stop fooling around and make sure we get a good one?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I can't wait to see which QB we draft. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 11:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t really get this. Center has been a problem for well over a decade why not finally stop fooling around and make sure we get a good one?

Depends on whos available when they draft.  I want a Center don't know if we need to spend the first on one.   wont know till late Friday.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 12:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Depends on whos available when they draft.  I want a Center don't know if we need to spend the first on one.   wont know till late Friday.

As long as we get a Center in the 1st or 2nd round, that's what I care most about.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 11:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t really get this. Center has been a problem for well over a decade why not finally stop fooling around and make sure we get a good one?

Damn rights Nicomo. We wait around and the top 3 Centers are gone before 46 and the whole Draft will suck.

Major drop off in talent after the first 3. Let Pollack grab his favorite Center at 21 and i will enjoy the ride.

Wait and i will stress out big time. Shocked
Reply/Quote
I have a strong feeling that 6 quarterbacks will go in the first round.

Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, Allen, Jackson, and Rudolph. Yes, Rudolph. Think someone either trades up for him or gets drafted by a later team.

I'm also interested to see how WRs go. Everyone has been talking about RBs and not winning championships. But the past few years, 1st round WRs have really disappointed all around. Rookie seasons for Fuller, Treadwell, Docston, Davis, Williams, Ross, Dorsett, Coleman, Agholor, White, Parker. Sure, some did well after their rookie season. But it's crazy how little impact they had in their rookie seasons
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

I'm with you.....reach, climb a ladder, take an elevator....do what you gotta do to finally upgrade from a turnstile.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 10:41 AM)Goalpost Wrote: http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

Here is a list of players we met with whether it be Pro Day, Combine, Private Workout, etc

Last year, 4 players from the list were drafted by us.

Judging by that.....if McGlinchey falls.....he's our pick, without question.  I'd be good with that.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 01:38 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I have a strong feeling that 6 quarterbacks will go in the first round.

Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, Allen, Jackson, and Rudolph. Yes, Rudolph. Think someone either trades up for him or gets drafted by a later team.

I'm also interested to see how WRs go. Everyone has been talking about RBs and not winning championships. But the past few years, 1st round WRs have really disappointed all around. Rookie seasons for Fuller, Treadwell, Docston, Davis, Williams, Ross, Dorsett, Coleman, Agholor, White, Parker. Sure, some did well after their rookie season. But it's crazy how little impact they had in their rookie seasons

Devante Parker really surprises me, i thought he would be a star.

Agholor had a good year last year with the Eagles though.

(04-25-2018, 02:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Judging by that.....if McGlinchey falls.....he's our pick, without question.  I'd be good with that.

I would be good with that, still want Ragnow or Wynn more.

Would want us to trade up and get either Price or Daniels in the 2nd if we got McGlinchey at 21.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 02:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Judging by that.....if McGlinchey falls.....he's our pick, without question.  I'd be good with that.

Yea.  There is no way of getting around it.  There is strong interest there.  

Obviously many of us want a center, and they checked all three of them out also.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 02:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Devante Parker really surprises me, i thought he would be a star.

Agholor had a good year last year with the Eagles though.

I would be good with that, still want Ragnow or Wynn more.

Would want us to trade up and get either Price or Daniels in the 2nd if we got McGlinchey at 21.

Parker really shocked me as well.

I still want those centers too, but if you look at that link....they met him at four different events/locations, and at least one of those places, multiple times.  He's their target, no doubt.  I doubt he slides that far, but if he does, all signs point to him being our #1.  I would definitely want to trade up for C if that happens as well.

(04-25-2018, 02:29 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Yea.  There is no way of getting around it.  There is strong interest there.  

Obviously many of us want a center, and they checked all three of them out also.

Very strong.  They did.....what interests me, and maybe this makes no difference, is that they met privately with Ragnow and Daniels, but Price at the Pro Day only.  Now that I think about it, probably had more to do with logistics.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 09:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think both Trumaine Edmunds and Quentin Nelson will be tops at their positions for some time.

Edmunds has that rare speed/size combo, takes great angles and tackles like a freak. Can cover a bit too.

Nelson is that great power blocker but he also has great feet and hands. Rare for a man that size and he could
even play Tackle with his arm length and all these abilities.

Would love either player if they fell. Given all this i would still take Frank Ragnow over either as he is the best
player at our greatest area of need.

Would be more stoked with him than either of the future great players i spoke of.

Ragnow will be great in his own right.

Nelson is so " can't miss " nobody would believe it if he fell out of top 10.  i saw Price a few times, like him. Some prefer Ragenow...a few say Daniels.   Whatever.  I am pretty sure we  get ONE of them.

Guy who'd be great IF he slips to 21? Vea, the massive DT from Washington.   That would, obviously, put on pressure to still get a C rd 2..... and maybe a deal to move up a bit?
o-Line must be a priority. I think we look at S, LB.    We  will perhaps go for depth at QB,RB,TE,CB....later.
Reply/Quote
If they get lucky they'll get McGlinchey in the first.   If not it will be Ragnow or Price unless a top 10 player drops to them.

I'd be really excited if Nelson or James fell, and pretty excited if Smith fell and happy if McGlinchey fell - though I'd be really nervous to get one of the top 3 centers

I'd scream at my TV if they selected a WR, TE or RB at 21.  I'd be also disgruntled if they took a CB.

They need to get their OL and DL in order for 2018.  The players are available to make it happen if they make the right decisions.
Reply/Quote
I definately wouldn't mind Vea as long as we traded up in the 2nd to get one of the 2 Centers left that
would be available. Atleast one of them will be gone in the 1st possibly both Ragnow and Daniels.

1st round - Vita Vea
2nd round - Billy Price

Yeah, i would love that. We would be way better at stopping the run and running the ball that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 02:46 PM)3wt Wrote: If they get lucky they'll get McGlinchey in the first.   If not it will be Ragnow or Price unless a top 10 player drops to them.

I'd be really excited if Nelson or James fell, and pretty excited if Smith fell and happy if McGlinchey fell - though I'd be really nervous to get one of the top 3 centers

I'd scream at my TV if they selected a WR, TE or RB at 21.  I'd be also disgruntled if they took a CB.

They need to get their OL and DL in order for 2018.  The players are available to make it happen if they make the right decisions.

I agree on the screaming part. Need to take care of O-line or D-line at 21 most of all and especially OL.

I like McGlinchey but he did struggle at times with elite pass rushers. I am kind of hoping someone takes him
before us and we take one of the Centers instead. That way we got our interior solidified and we can always
add another OT later for Pollack to work with to go along with Fisher.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 02:34 PM)Wyche Wrote:  
Parker really shocked me as well.

I still want those centers too, but if you look at that link....they met him at four different events/locations, and at least one of those places, multiple times.  He's their target, no doubt.  I doubt he slides that far, but if he does, all signs point to him being our #1.  I would definitely want to trade up for C if that happens as well.

Very strong.  They did.....what interests me, and maybe this makes no difference, is that they met privately with Ragnow and Daniels, but Price at the Pro Day only.  Now that I think about it, probably had more to do with logistics.

As much as it pains me to say, we never take Buckeyes even if they are damn good players at a position of need.

Honestly do not know why either. Kind of makes me lean Ragnow and Daniels way, that and of course they are
not injured and will be ready to go come rookie OTA's. Our new Center will need time to gel around here.
Reply/Quote
Best way to look at it if all the OL guys we want are gone before we pick..

Then theres a TON of talent at every other position still available.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 02:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Best way to look at it if all the OL guys we want are gone before we pick..

Then theres a TON of talent at every other position still available.

Which won't matter unless Pollack can coach some scrubs up into decent players.

Build the line, go after talented skill positions later please.

Not like Pollack had a bunch of scrubs to work with in Dallas.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Which won't matter unless Pollack can coach some scrubs up into decent players.

Build the line, go after talented skill positions later please.

Not like Pollack had a bunch of scrubs to work with in Dallas.

You guys keep acting like we gotta rebuild the whole line when we are missing 1 piece al be it an important one.    I'm sure they will get who they need and we will be fine.

This draft wont Start OL OL OL 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 03:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: You guys keep acting like we gotta rebuild the whole line when we are missing 1 piece al be it an important one.    I'm sure they will get who they need and we will be fine.

This draft wont Start OL OL OL 

Get the Center then its all good, is all i am saying. Don't wait and have just more scrubs to pick from.

This is the missing piece. Add one of the top 3 at 21 and go BPA the rest of the Draft. I think we might be okay
even if we didn't draft a Guard, but Center is essential and we need one of the best. Don't get cute, grab him at
21 where we are in perfect position to get the best right in front of the other teams that are interested.
Reply/Quote