Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD***
Watching NFL Network last night and they had a load of people sitting round a table doing a mock for the first round and they had us picking Lamar Jackson in the first.
I would be ok with that as long as we got our O Line sorted with our 2nd & 3rd picks, even if we maybe used a 5th or 7th round pick to move up in the 2nd to grab a guy
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 07:49 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Well Lap predicted Ragnow so we'll take Ragnow unless someone snags him ahead of us. I think in the 2nd we take Ronnie Harrison. In the 3rd we take Arden Key and Orlando Brown. I cant make any more predictions because if this is how our draft actually panned out, I'd probably faint from the massive boner I'd get.

I drink plenty of beers on draft day.. enough to avoid that draft boner thing, not enough to doze off.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 03:21 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Watching NFL Network last night and they had a load of people sitting round a table doing a mock for the first round and they had us picking Lamar Jackson in the first.
I would be ok with that as long as we got our O Line sorted with our 2nd & 3rd picks, even if we maybe used a 5th or 7th round pick to move up in the 2nd to grab a guy

Dalton has good years left.   Unless there's some plan to trade Andy for ???  we'd have Jackson getting rusty before he saw enough minutes, then about when his time comes, he's a FA.   i can see bargain hunting in the later rounds. It's too soon to go for a future ace QB.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 03:21 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Watching NFL Network last night and they had a load of people sitting round a table doing a mock for the first round and they had us picking Lamar Jackson in the first.

It was not a bunch of people picking, it was a Bengal hater and Steeler's writer picking him.

I am open to anything including Jackson (I think he is gone by 21), so if he is available I would already have Dalton lined up to a trade to the Bills for pick #22 and also their second round pick.

Then with pick 22 grab Hernandez , then use picks to trade up to get back into top 5 in second round to grab Ragnow, Daniels or Price.

The new look Bengals would be formed as our backup QB also has major athletic ability so revamp to a Watson type offense with a better running game.

I would be upset if we grabbed Miller early, but Jackson (only if we have a great trade for AD in place), Hernandez or 1 of top 3 centers I am good
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 03:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It was not a bunch of people picking, it was a Bengal hater and Steeler's writer picking him.

I am open to anything including Jackson (I think he is gone by 21), so if he is available I would already have Dalton lined up to a trade to the Bills for pick #22 and also their second round pick.

Then with pick 22 grab Hernandez , then use picks to trade up to get back into top 5 in second round to grab Ragnow, Daniels or Price.

The new look Bengals would be formed as our backup QB also has major athletic ability so revamp to a Watson type offense with a better running game.

I would be upset if we grabbed Miller early, but Jackson (only if we have a great trade for AD in place), Hernandez or 1 of top 3 centers I am good

Yeah, the Steelers hope we pick Lamar Jackson and start a rebuild.

Not happening.

We pick Ragnow, McGlinchey or Daniels depending on who is there and who Pollack likes best for us.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, the Steelers hope we pick Lamar Jackson and start a rebuild.

Not happening.

We pick Ragnow, McGlinchey or Daniels depending on who is there and who Pollack likes best for us.

I know football is a team game and Dalton is a good QB and all that, but the Steelers have beaten us 9 out of the last 10 times we've played them.  Take it from a Bengals fan who lives in Steeler country, they're not worried about us staying the course with Dalton. I can't blame them for being so complacent, though. Hell, look at our own messageboard where we don't care who the Browns take in this draft because we're so sure they're going to stink forever and ever no matter what they do.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know football is a team game and Dalton is a good QB and all that, but the Steelers have beaten us 9 out of the last 10 times we've played them.  Take it from a Bengals fan who lives in Steeler country, they're not worried about us staying the course with Dalton.  I can't blame them for being so complacent, though.  Hell, look at our own messageboard where we don't care who the Browns take in this draft because we're so sure they're going to stink forever and ever no matter what they do.

Well i understand all that but if we take Lamar Jackson and lose out on one of the top 3 Centers they really don't
have to worry. They will just be able to push our scrub Center around and keep harassing Dalton until Lamar gets
to be the starter and then knock him out of the NFL.

We get a stud Center and our chances go up immensely in beating the Steelers man.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well i understand all that but if we take Lamar Jackson and lose out on one of the top 3 Centers they really don't
have to worry. They will just be able to push our scrub Center around and keep harassing Dalton until Lamar gets
to be the starter and then knock him out of the NFL.

We get a stud Center and our chances go up immensely in beating the Steelers man.

Man oh man, I really hope the thing keeping us from beating the Steelers is a stud center, but I just can't be that hopeful.  But yeah, it would be a step in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
With Lap saying that it's "a split decision between Ragnow and Price" if they go C at 21...who do you guys prefer (and why) if the choice does come down to those 2?
Reply/Quote
I’m curious to see the drama around our pick. Imagine buffalo sits at 12 and takes best player that’s not a qb, thinking they get Jackson or Rudolph at 22. Maybe someone jumps up between 13 and 20 to take one of them, maybe not. New England trades up to 21 with us to get the one they want or the one that’s left. Buffalo is left scratching their head and picked up another pick and still a player we want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 08:29 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I’m curious to see the drama around our pick. Imagine buffalo sits at 12 and takes best player that’s not a qb, thinking they get Jackson or Rudolph at 22. Maybe someone jumps up between 13 and 20 to take one of them, maybe not. New England trades up to 21 with us to get the one they want or the one that’s left. Buffalo is left scratching their head and picked up another pick and still a player we want

Would be hilarious. Also of note that whole division may be drafting a qb this year. Still can’t believe Kraft and belichek didn’t trade Brady last year and keep JG.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if one of the linebackers slide now that it looks like Rueben Foster is gonna get out of those domestic violence charges.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 07:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: With Lap saying that it's "a split decision between Ragnow and Price" if they go C at 21...who do you guys prefer (and why) if the choice does come down to those 2?

To be honest, I don't have a preference; as I think Pollack is a better talent evaluator of oline prospects than I. WTS, if they tell bfine to go up to the podium and pick one I'll go Billy Price.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 09:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To be honest, I don't have a preference; as I think Pollack is a better talent evaluator of oline prospects than I. WTS, if they tell bfine to go up to the podium and pick one I'll go Billy Price.  

Pollack probably got a heavy dose of Jim McNally in his ear this year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 07:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: With Lap saying that it's "a split decision between Ragnow and Price" if they go C at 21...who do you guys prefer (and why) if the choice does come down to those 2?

It is a toss up..Ragnow has been on a tear... rising in the draft.  Lap likes Price's leadership ability   

1) Frank Ragnow | 6'5 | 312 | C | Arkansas - Ragnow is very sound technically and has shown that he can dominate opponents. He has good feet and gets to the second level well to seal off LBs. Of the games I watched, Alabama's Payne was really the only I guy I saw this year who could get the better of him. That said, Ragnow took Payne to school several times himself. If Payne is in fact a Round 1 prospect, Ragnow should go no later than Round 2.

2) Billy Price | 6'4 | 305 | C | Ohio State - Price can play any interior spot and really hold his own doing so. He's a strong kid who opens up run lanes and keeps the pocket clean. He peels out well and shows the ability to get to the second level and seal off moving targets. He's logged a ton of snaps so there isn't much he hasn't faced defensively. Outside of USC's Rasheem Green beating him a couple times with inside counter moves in his Bowl game, there isn't much 2017 game tape of him losing battles. He looked great in his games against Indiana, Penn State, Iowa and Wisconsin. 
Reply/Quote

I'd prefer Daniels, but I'd go with Ragnow over Price. Ragnow is said to have the highest floor of the top 3 centers and if we're in "win now" scenario then I'd go with the center who's supposedly the most ready. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
As much as I want a Center in the first round so we get our guy, i'm starting to think one of the top 3 will be there in the 2nd. Since 2000 only 8 Centers went in the first. The highest ranked Center was #15. I would love the following combo.

1st Rd. Hernandez 2nd Rd. Ragnow/Daniels or Price 3rd Rd. Hayden Hurts and best available LB/OT
Reply/Quote
O-Line ! O-Line! DRAFT O-LINE!!!
If Cordy Glenn pans out. And our #1 pick is a stud. That's two positions we've immediately upgraded. That's not counting any other draft picks that may turn out to be good.
Reply/Quote
Ragnow is starting to get run as the 2nd best interior ol prospect behind Nelson. I hope we get him

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 08:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Would be hilarious.  Also of note that whole division may be drafting a qb  this year.  Still can’t believe Kraft and belichek didn’t trade Brady last year and keep JG.

Oy, can you imagine how great it must feel to be the fan of a team that can view keeping a QB who threw for over 500 yards, with 3 TDs to 0 INTs, and a 115 QB rating in the most recent Super Bowl as the "wrong move?"
Reply/Quote