Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD***
(04-25-2018, 03:34 PM)redwood Wrote: I drink plenty of beers on draft day.. enough to avoid that draft boner thing, not enough to doze off.

Jeeez, if you actually get a draft boner you probably have more problems than you're letting on.. 
I can almost see thousands of wives and girlfriends complaining that the only time you get it up is during the draft and if it's not a good draft those problems are only multiplied . 
"Hey honey, let's watch the draft for some exciting moments under the sheets..." 
Yeah , I just don't see this as being the glue that holds a marriage together, but what do I know? I've been through 3 different women since my first marriage 35 something years ago. 
Well that's it .It's draft night .. Time to go apologize and get her ready for the draft..  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 10:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Oy, can you imagine how great it must feel to be the fan of a team that can view keeping a QB who threw for over 500 yards, with 3 TDs to 0 INTs, and a 115 QB rating in the most recent Super Bowl as the "wrong move?"

They messed up. Belichek knows they did. They have 2 years left with Brady and no answer.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 12:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They messed up.  Belichek knows they did.  They have 2 years left with Brady and no answer.

Almost expect them to tank for a year to nab the next #1 overall pick, but I don't realistically see that happening..  Indy did it and their record since hasn't exactly been exemplary .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 07:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: With Lap saying that it's "a split decision between Ragnow and Price" if they go C at 21...who do you guys prefer (and why) if the choice does come down to those 2?

Well i think i have made my choice known lol

Ragnow all the way but i really like Price too. In the end it comes down to health and Ragnow is healthy right now.

Ragnow is a better pass blocker, Price is a road grading run blocker. Ragnow is very smart, Price is very smart.

They are both good at everything really but Ragnow is healthy and has multiple years starting in college at Center
playing in the SEC, was coached by the same coach as Travis Frederick who said Ragnow was better, has longer
arms than Price and the biggest thing of all, is healthy.

We need a Center to come in day one and participate in rookie OTA's and start to gel with the team.

This is Ragnow or Daniels.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 01:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well i think i have made my choice known lol

Ragnow all the way but i really like Price too. In the end it comes down to health and Ragnow is healthy right now.

Ragnow is a better pass blocker, Price is a road grading run blocker. Ragnow is very smart, Price is very smart.

They are both good at everything really but Ragnow is healthy and has multiple years starting in college at Center
playing in the SEC, was coached by the same coach as Travis Frederick who said Ragnow was better, has longer

We need a Center to come in day one and participate in rookie OTA's and start to gel with the team.

Over the last couple months ive caught some subtle hints that you like Ragnow. 
Reply/Quote
Ever since Laps prediction i have basically considered Ragnow a Bengal.

We should still field trade calls though. Maybe the Jags want to come up and get Ridley. Or the Saints want to come up and get their future QB before the Pats get a chance to.

Trading back wouldnt necessarily be for draft capital this year because we already have 11 freaking picks. We need instant impact this year. Which we could still get with one of the top 3 centers late in the first. But we could also set ourselves up nicely if someone offers up a future first rounder to move up while we remain in the first this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 01:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm with you.....reach, climb a ladder, take an elevator....do what you gotta do to finally upgrade from a turnstile.

This.   The number one need this offense has.  And for once there are 3 prospects that are worth taking in the first.   I'm with Lap and many on this board.  Ragnow's my favorite.  I think he'll solidify the interior.  He just makes people better around him and I think our guards were an improvement at the end of the season.    We should have some good options at 46, 77, 100 and 112.

The potential is there.   Ragnow is my optimal launching point.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 01:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well i think i have made my choice known lol

Price's doctor issued a statement to teams saying that Price would be good to go for training camp with no restriction, so it sounds like health shouldn't be much of a factor.

I haven't seen much of Ragnow game-wise, but from everything I've read and heard, he sounds solid as hell. I've watched Price play many times and have always been impressed with his ability and knowledge. 

It seems either one would greatly improve a position that's been a weak spot for far too long...which is why I'm really hoping that's the direction they go tonight.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 03:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Which won't matter unless Pollack can coach some scrubs up into decent players.

Build the line, go after talented skill positions later please.

Not like Pollack had a bunch of scrubs to work with in Dallas.

This is the way Madden built his teams.  He was always in a power struggle with Davis.   Davis wanted the elite sprinters and dbs, John wanted the elite offensive linemen.   When they had both they were top level playoff teams.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know football is a team game and Dalton is a good QB and all that, but the Steelers have beaten us 9 out of the last 10 times we've played them.  Take it from a Bengals fan who lives in Steeler country, they're not worried about us staying the course with Dalton.  I can't blame them for being so complacent, though.  Hell, look at our own messageboard where we don't care who the Browns take in this draft because we're so sure they're going to stink forever and ever no matter what they do.
The only QB I'd take if he dropped to us would be Baker Mayfield.   The kid has the cojones to compete with anyone and be a bona fide leader.  And he has the completion percentage.

Other than that, give me my center preferably Ragnaroc, and I won't throw a tantrum.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 07:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: With Lap saying that it's "a split decision between Ragnow and Price" if they go C at 21...who do you guys prefer (and why) if the choice does come down to those 2?

Ragnorific
Reply/Quote
Im good with Ragnow or Price or the other guy. Its kind of like the debate few years back between Zeitler and DeCastro. Either way, Bengals will have a day 1 upgrade at center which they have needed for a long time.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 02:05 PM)3wt Wrote: This.   The number one need this offense has.  And for once there are 3 prospects that are worth taking in the first.   I'm with Lap and many on this board.  Ragnow's my favorite.  I think he'll solidify the interior.  He just makes people better around him and I think our guards were an improvement at the end of the season.    We should have some good options at 46, 77, 100 and 112.

You said it man.....quit screwing around and get it done.  Don't take a chance......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
FYI for those without cable & who are non-internet savvy, the draft will be broadcasted on FOX tonight and tomorrow night (NFL Network's broadcast). Then Saturday it will be on ABC (ESPN's broadcast).
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I'm hoping the Bengals will select Ragnow in the first but I'm still leaning they take Mcglinchey because he and Glenn could be book ends for years to come.

I'm also hoping they get Lorenzo Carter. I just think he's the type of player the Bengals like especially Marvin Lewis. I posted some Lorenzo Carter information in the draft forum, he has good knee bend and he seems to be quick twitch.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 01:44 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Over the last couple months ive caught some subtle hints that you like Ragnow. 

I am subtle like that.

Like to give those little hints.

(04-26-2018, 02:05 PM)3wt Wrote: This.   The number one need this offense has.  And for once there are 3 prospects that are worth taking in the first.   I'm with Lap and many on this board.  Ragnow's my favorite.  I think he'll solidify the interior.  He just makes people better around him and I think our guards were an improvement at the end of the season.    We should have some good options at 46, 77, 100 and 112.

:andy:

(04-26-2018, 02:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Price's doctor issued a statement to teams saying that Price would be good to go for training camp with no restriction, so it sounds like health shouldn't be much of a factor.

I haven't seen much of Ragnow game-wise, but from everything I've read and heard, he sounds solid as hell. I've watched Price play many times and have always been impressed with his ability and knowledge. 

It seems either one would greatly improve a position that's been a weak spot for far too long...which is why I'm really hoping that's the direction they go tonight.

Yeah Holic i know Price should be ready for TC, i would like my Center ready for rookie OTA's though.

(04-26-2018, 02:10 PM)3wt Wrote: This is the way Madden built his teams.  He was always in a power struggle with Davis.   Davis wanted the elite sprinters and dbs, John wanted the elite offensive linemen.   When they had both they were top level playoff teams.

You win in the trenches you usually win the game if your Offense doesn't turn the ball over.

Skill positions are overrated often.

(04-26-2018, 02:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: You said it man.....quit screwing around and get it done.  Don't take a chance......

Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 02:45 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I'm hoping the Bengals will select Ragnow in the first but I'm still learning they take Mcglinchey because he and Glenn could be book ends for years to come.

I'm also hoping they get Lorenzo Carter.  I just think he's the type of player the Bengals like especially Marvin Lewis.  I posted some Lorenzo Carter information in the draft forum,  he has good knee bend and he seems to be quick twitch.

I think Price might fall to the 2nd unlike Ragnow so if we get McGlinchey tonight i will still be happy even if i want
Ragnow more. I think the only way we get your guy Carter is if we get Ragnow tonight or trade up into the 2nd to
get him. His Draft stock is rising just like Ragnow's, so...

McGlinchey/Price or Ragnow/Carter/Crosby or another RT.

I like Ragnow/Carter/Crosby better myself.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know football is a team game and Dalton is a good QB and all that, but the Steelers have beaten us 9 out of the last 10 times we've played them.  Take it from a Bengals fan who lives in Steeler country, they're not worried about us staying the course with Dalton.  I can't blame them for being so complacent, though.  Hell, look at our own messageboard where we don't care who the Browns take in this draft because we're so sure they're going to stink forever and ever no matter what they do.

And a lot of that 9-10 has been down to us getting dominated on both lines. If we can get the OL up to snuff things change quite a bit. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think Price might fall to the 2nd unlike Ragnow so if we get McGlinchey tonight i will still be happy even if i want
Ragnow more. I think the only way we get your guy Carter is if we get Ragnow tonight or trade up into the 2nd to
get him. His Draft stock is rising just like Ragnow's, so...

McGlinchey/Price or Ragnow/Carter/Crosby or another RT.

I like Ragnow/Carter/Crosby better myself.

You know I have been pimping Carter because I think he could be great SAM.  He and Lawson on the field together could be special.  I think they can get Carter as long as Key is still on Board.  But they may need to move back into the Second like you said or trade up in the 3rd round.  The Guy to keep an eye on Nate is that Edge player from USC, Uchenna Nwosu; the Bengals would move him to OLB at the next level. He is special as well.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 02:16 PM)3wt Wrote: The only QB I'd take if he dropped to us would be Baker Mayfield.   The kid has the cojones to compete with anyone and be a bona fide leader.  And he has the completion percentage.

Other than that, give me my center preferably Ragnaroc, and I won't throw a tantrum.

Only QB I’d take would be Rosen. If any of the others fell I’d just pass and stick with Dalton.
Reply/Quote