Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL*** only positive thread after week #1
(09-12-2021, 08:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OP: Just so you know. To make a thread Official, you have to do it like this:

***OFFICIAL***

Changed it just for you.

Maybe now you can post something positive. Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The 2021 draft class looks like the type of class that can turn this team around.

Chase looked like a stud Top 5 pick in first NFL game and should only get better.

Ossai looked like a monster in preseason.

Cam Sample looked solid as a rotation player today.

Smith was originally thought to be a project, but looked really good in TC and preseason.

MacPherson is a damn monster. That 53 yarder would've been good from 60 easily. He seemed to be bouncing them up the tunnel on kickoffs just to amuse himself.

If guys like Carman, Shelvin, and Evans can become consistent, we may be looking at this class in a few years as the one that turned this club around.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am excited to see the defense when Wayne’s comes back. Interior rush was very good and Hendrickson looked better than I expected.

I was thinking the same thing. Apple is a temp replacement but I hope Waynes is health next week.
If he is as good as we think that defense is going to be above average.
Reply/Quote
Vonn Bell is a really fun player to watch. He's a hard-nosed player that doesn't talk a lot of shit. He just hammers people. I'm glad we have him.
Reply/Quote
UZ made it through the whole game and made the catch in clutch. Cool
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Changed it just for you.

Maybe now you can post something positive. Cool

Zac had his team more prepared than many Bengal's wet dream Mike Zimmer
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
My biggest highlight to week 1 was simply this, Dalvin Cook is a great RB and he was held in check. Sure he got 100 total yards and a TD but that isn't Cook taking over a game the way he can. That was really nice to see and gives hope that the defense will be able to slow Chubb and keep Lamar in the pocket as well, things that really hurt last year.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Burrow audibled into a play that got the win. Would hope he ends up Manning-like.
Reply/Quote
Pratt made a game saving play

Our run defense was stout against a great RB

Burrow is going to take hits, he got back up and I did not see any evidence of fear in the pocket from the season ending ACL tear in 2020

We won a game attempting less than 30 passes due to ZT continuing to run the ball until it worked
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
We got the deep ball going, and the pass rush got home. Two things that were completely MIA last year.

Seriously, we only had 17 sacks the entire 2020 season. We just got 3 in week 1.

Reply/Quote
Ran the ball well for the most part.
Reply/Quote
Trey Hendrickson probably has 3 sacks today if he doesn’t get held. Great addition to this defense. Forcing a holding call it equivalent to a sack in my book though. Also what a find with BJ Hill for a backup center. Giants fans have to love seeing his stat line lol. Great job by the scouting department. Also Josh Toupoe was great. DJ Reader didn’t get his name mentioned at all but that was because he was eating up 2 blockers every play. Doing that made for a huge debut for Larry Ogunjobi. Browns message board wasn’t too happy watching him having the success he did today. Also the hate Andrew Billings. Overall this was a great team win. Even the linebackers made some big plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 02:00 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Trey Hendrickson probably has 3 sacks today if he doesn’t get held. Great addition to this defense. Forcing a holding call it equivalent to a sack in my book though. Also what a find with BJ Hill for a backup center. Giants fans have to love seeing his stat line lol. Great job by the scouting department. Also Josh Toupoe was great. DJ Reader didn’t get his name mentioned at all but that was because he was eating up 2 blockers every play. Doing that made for a huge debut for Larry Ogunjobi. Browns message board wasn’t too happy watching him having the success he did today. Also the hate Andrew Billings. Overall this was a great team win. Even the linebackers made some big plays.

Maybe they shouldn’t have kept trying to play him at NT…

Reply/Quote
It made the 16+ hours in the car this weekend much more enjoyable. Actually just got home an hour ago.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals win a game they have lost in the past. Those who want to complain, I get it so find the many other threads that is happening.

Proud of DL and our OT's. Great to Burro back and Chase first score.

WE are 1-0 and still in first place.

Let's enjoy the week while we can.

What was your favorite thing(s) about OT win against the Likes and Zimmer?

As well as the offensive line played, specifically to run blocking and the OTs, the defensive line is thus far the most improved unit on the field.  

Ja' Marr Chase and Burrow celebrating in the end zone gave me chills.  I can't remember a bigger first game from a rookie in my lifetime.  The only thing that comes close for me is when the recently departed Turk Shoenert came in for an injured Anderson and led an amazing comeback in week 1 of the 1982 Super Bowl season.  5 catches, 101 yards, and a TD.  

We have a kicker.  A really damn good kicker.  I guess that "has never had to win a game in the final seconds" thing is gone, huh?  

Stanley Morgan's downing of that punt at the 5 yard line shows why he is on the roster.  Overshadowed, but in that moment, an absolutely huge play.  

Joe Burrow's surname must be short for wheelburrow.  (I know that isn't how it is spelled)  Audibling to that pass play on 4th and an inch took some massive stones.  He must need a wheelbarrow to haul them around.  
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 08:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What was your favorite thing(s) about OT win against the Likes and Zimmer?

My favorite thing about the win is, honestly, the favorite thing about this team overall.

Watching Joe Burrow play is an absolute blast. His accuracy, poise, ability to see the open man. It's all something that I've never seen a Bengals player do in my lifetime. Maybe Boomer or Anderson made Bengals fans feel this way but, other than a brief moment in 2005-2006 when Carson looked like an elite QB, I've never seen Bengal QB play like this and I'm loving every second of it.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 10:11 PM)samhain Wrote: Vonn Bell is a really fun player to watch.  He's a hard-nosed player that doesn't talk a lot of shit.  He just hammers people.  I'm glad we have him.

I can't wait to see the PFF rankings from this week.  Bell has improved in coverage so much from this time a year ago.  He picked up RIGHT where he left off last year.  
Reply/Quote
Boyd stole an interception somehow. The Burrow to Boyd magic continues....
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 12:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We got the deep ball going, and the pass rush got home. Two things that were completely MIA last year.

Seriously, we only had 17 sacks the entire 2020 season. We just got 3 in week 1.

Actually, we got 4!  Don't forget the "other big guy" Josh Tupou who also got a sack to go with Ogunjobi's one, and Hill's two.  
Reply/Quote
My 1,000th post. Yo VIP, Let's kick it.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611bcbb1acb87245502aa...y.gif&ct=g]

Positives:
- Burrow to Chase & hopefully every week for many, many years to come.
- McMoney looks like we have a legit NFL kicker.
- This is a game the Bengals typically bungle which leads to negativity in the Bengals' community; it was nice to see them win.
- Burrow, Burrow, and Burrow. He still hasn't played a full NFL season and is coming off an injury, but looks oh so good.
- Player interviews and tweets show many of the guys are behind Zac; I'll take it.
Reply/Quote