Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OG at Center
Cincinnati jungle as an article which states that the Bengals may consider moving OG from left tackle to Center. The argument is that OG played guard in college and does better in a phone booth. I hope this is not a consideration.

Could the Bengals move former left tackle Cedric Ogbuehi to center?

https://search.app.goo.gl/oieJ

Shared from my Google feed
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 02:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Cincinnati jungle as an article which states that the Bengals may consider moving OG from left tackle to Center.  The argument is that OG played guard in college and does better in a phone booth.   I hope this is not a consideration.  

Crazy talk man, crazy talk. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Crazy talk man, crazy talk. Shocked

Thats Mike Brown spitballing ideas Ninja
Reply/Quote
I am sure his problem of getting destroyed by bullrush will be solved by putting him at Center and making him go up against 330lb NTs.

I am also sure that Dalton will be excited to be getting the ball snapped to him by a guy who has never done it before. Not even touching on the fact that... do we honestly trust Ogbuehi to not cause a delay of game penalty (or wasted TO) or a false start by not snapping the ball in time? Or snapping the ball too early so it sails past an unprepared Dalton?

The only good answer is Ogbuehi never walks on the field in a Bengals uniform again.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 03:07 PM)GodFather Wrote: Thats Mike Brown spitballing ideas Ninja

Nah, that's CincyJungle spitballing ideas.  No mention of any word from the team, they are simply suggesting that it could possibly be feasible.

In other words, they're just making up stuff to write about, to get people to read site.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 03:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nah, that's CincyJungle spitballing ideas.  No mention of any word from the team, they are simply suggesting that it could possibly be feasible.

In other words, they're just making up stuff to write about, to get people to read site.

God my relationship with the bengals is such a love hate. They are sooo annoying with piss poor articles and whining fans who don’t know a damn thing about the game. Ughhhh
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 03:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nah, that's CincyJungle spitballing ideas.  No mention of any word from the team, they are simply suggesting that it could possibly be feasible.

You never know with the Cincinnati Bengals.  Does it really seem far-fetched that Mike Brown would not consider this?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 03:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: You never know with the Cincinnati Bengals.  Does it really seem far-fetched that Mike Brown would not consider this?

Yes, it really is a far fetched idea.  According to the article that Hobson wrote about Pollack, the OL, and Bodine leaving the team;  Until the next Center takes the reins, look for TJ Johnson and Trey Hopkins to be acting as Center.

If you haven't read that article, you should check it out.  It's actually pretty good.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 03:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, it really is a far fetched idea.  According to the article that Hobson wrote about Pollack, the OL, and Bodine leaving the team;  Until the next Center takes the reins, look for TJ Johnson and Trey Hopkins to be acting as Center.

If you haven't read that article, you should check it out.  It's actually pretty good.

It was pretty eye opening.  Pollack will actually use equipment (aside from Brutus) that we had in friggin' junior high to teach fundamentals until they're ingrained in your skull, while Piano Man used shields. Shocked

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Bills.... Bengals fans on line one.

Bengals fans....... Bills...We need one more favor.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If they do that then the season is over already
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 03:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bills.... Bengals fans on line one.

Bengals fans....... Bills...We need one more favor.

Lol
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 02:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Cincinnati jungle as an article which states that the Bengals may consider moving OG from left tackle to Center.  The argument is that OG played guard in college and does better in a phone booth.   I hope this is not a consideration.  

Ogbuehi won't be able to handle power. His only hope would be at Guard and somehow ensure he only deals with smaller, athletic DTs that aren't powerful.
This is Ogbuehi's last year. I don't think it's worth it to try him at yet another position. He either sinks or swims at OT. if he sinks, move on.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm actually kind of intrigued by the idea of seeing what Hopkins can do at Center..... (this in no way infers I don't want to draft one, I just think it is an interesting idea)
Reply/Quote
It's probably rabble raising by CJ to get clicks.

They do tend to go for that sort of thing.
Reply/Quote
If Cedric Ogbuehi becomes center he’ll spend more time in Andy Dalton’s lap than Andy’s kids.
Reply/Quote
well ill chaulk this up as a No..

But it doesn't hurt to give him reps there in the preseason.

Funny enough Boiling was the LT and Glenn the LG at UG

Og could end up the best center ever or not.... but it doesn't hurt to see what he can do in practice before shutting the door on him completely.

suddenly Bengaldom misses bodine
Reply/Quote
It's practically impossible for them to be that stupid.
Reply/Quote
Good Post
Reply/Quote

That was my reference to when the Bengals were on Hard Knocks and Mike Brown was sitting around with the coaches in a meeting and wondering about the development of Chase Coffman and he said, "Why don't we put him at cornerback"(or some position like that) and all the coaches just looked at one another like he was nuts. 

Funny stuff.
Reply/Quote