Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OG at Center
Good God, if you thought Bodine got pushed back, can you imagine Ced taking his bull rush prevention tactics to the middle of the line?
Reply/Quote
just buy him some roller skates already..
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 09:11 AM)GodFather Wrote: It certainly could've been Nate, it was so long ago. I just remember laughing at Brown's ineptness when he was discussing players and their progress. Even Marvin couldn't make a poker face when that comment came out. 

Maybe thats the real reason why Palmer quit because he was afraid Brown would move him to MLB at some point in the season! LOL

It was awhile back but it sure stood out so true.

(03-21-2018, 10:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wanting to say that was a defensive lineman Brown was talking about, perhaps Jason Shirley ? They tried Shirley at 3 or 4 spots IIRC both D and O lines. Then MB suggested TE during that meeting.

Shirley you cannot be serious... Mellow

But this was my first thought.

(03-21-2018, 11:03 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: It was actually trying Chris Harrington, a DE, at TE, when Utecht and Reggie Kelly went down.

Good job Truck, that was who it was.

(03-21-2018, 11:04 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They did move Shirley to OG and he was a monster against the 2nd and 3rd stringers...

Then we moved him back to DT the following season, did well in PS, got cut, went to Panthers at the end of the year and had 2.5 sacks in 3 games or something of that nature.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 02:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Shirley you cannot be serious... Mellow

Of course he is, and stop calling him Shirley! LOL
Reply/Quote
Jake Fisher has actually taken reps in practice at Center for the Bengals.

Cedric never has as far as I know.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 03:11 PM)GodFather Wrote: Of course he is, and stop calling him Shirley! LOL

Well if there is any truth to this rumor, Marvin sure picked a bad time to start sniffing glue.....
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 02:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Cincinnati jungle as an article which states that the Bengals may consider moving OG from left tackle to Center.  The argument is that OG played guard in college and does better in a phone booth.   I hope this is not a consideration.  

Could the Bengals move former left tackle Cedric Ogbuehi to center?

https://search.app.goo.gl/oieJ

Shared from my Google feed

They are 3 big NEEDS for us and in this order,Center,Linebacker and Safety or Corner back.I say we take the top center available by round 21 as I think they are only 4 centers worthy of the pick and at least two will be gone.I could seriously see the ravens taking the top one way ahead of us.There are maybe 4-5 linebackers worthy of being picked at 46 in the second and we need to get one of them.There is a bunch of D-linemen we can snagged with the third or forth.We need to do this right and get our center with the 1st pick.The ravens will.Please do not go after a safety or linebacker at 21.The BPA at 21 will be a center or someother O-lineman.Gotta get this right at 21.Without a dominate Center,we are just going to be average.Please believe this and start banging on here for a top center,not one left in the third or later.round 1 folks.
Reply/Quote
It’s Cincy jungle lol

Clickbait central
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 05:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well if there is any truth to this rumor, Marvin sure picked a bad time to start sniffing glue.....

Hilarious Hilarious  rep
Reply/Quote
R.I.P. 

[Image: th?id=OIP.XKsmQn4pYNdLQlGP2UHPRgAAAA&pid...=300&h=300]

[Image: run-over-by-steamroller.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
On the Dan hoard podcast, Lap said he is strictly the backup LT.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 02:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Cincinnati jungle as an article which states that the Bengals may consider moving OG from left tackle to Center.  The argument is that OG played guard in college and does better in a phone booth.   I hope this is not a consideration.  

Could the Bengals move former left tackle Cedric Ogbuehi to center?

https://search.app.goo.gl/oieJ

Shared from my Google feed

They could do that. Or they could just go after the best center--and maybe the best interior lineman, period--in the upcoming draft.

That would be James Daniels. (And no, this isn't a biased opinion).
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 03:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ThumbsUp I am sure his problem of getting destroyed by bullrush will be solved by putting him at Center and making him go up against 330lb NTs.

I am also sure that Dalton will be excited to be getting the ball snapped to him by a guy who has never done it before. Not even touching on the fact that... do we honestly trust Ogbuehi to not cause a delay of game penalty (or wasted TO) or a false start by not snapping the ball in time? Or snapping the ball too early so it sails past an unprepared Dalton?

The only good answer is Ogbuehi never walks on the field in a Bengals uniform again.

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 10:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: On the Dan hoard podcast, Lap said he is strictly the backup LT.

Damn rights, where Og belongs.

(03-24-2018, 02:20 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: They could do that. Or they could just go after the best center--and maybe the best interior lineman, period--in the upcoming draft.

That would be James Daniels. (And no, this isn't a biased opinion).
GO STRIPES!!!

And you have no bias whatsoever lol
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 03:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, it really is a far fetched idea.  According to the article that Hobson wrote about Pollack, the OL, and Bodine leaving the team;  Until the next Center takes the reins, look for TJ Johnson and Trey Hopkins to be acting as Center.

If you haven't read that article, you should check it out.  It's actually pretty good.

Considering that MUCH  of today's NFL is shotgun variants, you want a guy with SOME experience at that. Ced O may be an answer at a G spot.  We were not the only team to see rd 1 ability.  I can't say he has it at LT, obviously, but i did not see the COACHING improve  him, or Fisher.
Reply/Quote
Are there any centers out there that would be worth drafting?
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 06:17 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Are there any centers out there that would be worth drafting?

Yes, but you're in the wrong thread for that stuff.  There are likely 3-4 threads on speculation of drafting a new center.  Look in the NFL draft forum.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ced's way too tall to play OC......
never happen...
Reply/Quote
Who knows...maybe they'll cut Fat Randy and turn Ced into the first ever 6'5" 310 lb kicker..  if nothing else it would be a novel approach and it would be pretty cool to have a guy who could kick 80 yard field goals . 

Yeah , I'm not feeling it either . Still, is there any written rules that say offensive line players can't become kickers? None that I'm aware of..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote