Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's the first to get an extension?
Seems like right around this time the past few years the Bengals have announced a contract extension for one of their big name players (Atkins, Tez).  As we all know, there are a lot of guys on the last year of their current deal.  Who do you think will be the first to get an extension?

I'm hopeful that they get the deal with A.J. Green wrapped up soon, although it wouldn't surprise me if Iloka or Kirkpatrick signed first.  
Reply/Quote
Biggest question in camp. We asked a lot about it during the OTAs but it's been real quiet ... they are talking behind the scenes but that's it for now. The Bengals don't negotiate through the media, and don't like the players doing it either. You'll notice how few "sources" tweet about contract situations here (as opposed to other teams)...
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Hoping for Green or Iloka or both.

A lot of the other guys are older vets they can handle in the off season as they are going to be 1-2 year deal type of guys.
Reply/Quote
AJ and Iloka are the only two extensions I'm looking/hoping for towards the end of camp.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 01:48 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Seems like right around this time the past few years the Bengals have announced a contract extension for one of their big name players (Atkins, Tez).  As we all know, there are a lot of guys on the last year of their current deal.  Who do you think will be the first to get an extension?

I'm hopeful that they get the deal with A.J. Green wrapped up soon, although it wouldn't surprise me if Iloka or Kirkpatrick signed first.  

Well kirk still has a year left after we picked up his option i believe.

So i have to think it will be for AJ ILOka or something to keep Whitworth around a few more years.

if we needed more cap space i would have said leon hall (extenstion/reduced salary per year)
Reply/Quote
Me. In my Levi's, if the first-team offense shreds like it did last week.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 05:47 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: AJ and Iloka are the only two extensions I'm looking/hoping for towards the end of camp.

Sanu is another one who should get done during camp.  He is far from a guy who would deserve a tag, and he is in the final year of his deal.  That said, lock him up now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They need to extend AJ first IMO so they know how much money they have left for everyone else.
Reply/Quote
Is Zeitlers contract up this year?
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis. 4 more years, one for each consecutive playoff appearance! In seriousness, just write a blank check with AJ Green's name on it since he's the only thing keeping the Red Musket from being the Red Water Pistol. It would send a great message to the team if we actually paid our best player instead of playing franchise tag tango and pissing him off.
The artist formerly known as Heretic
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 02:39 AM)GarbageDisposal Wrote: Marvin Lewis. 4 more years, one for each consecutive playoff appearance! In seriousness, just write a blank check with AJ Green's name on it since he's the only thing keeping the Red Musket from being the Red Water Pistol. It would send a great message to the team if we actually paid our best player instead of playing franchise tag tango and pissing him off.

I think it's the first time I've heard red musket since we came over to this board.  Was that your fault?  
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 01:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Is Zeitlers contract up this year?

i believe same with Dre they have the 5th year option picked up for next year but they could cancel that if they get a long term deal done before the season starts
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 09:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Sanu is another one who should get done during camp.  He is far from a guy who would deserve a tag, and he is in the final year of his deal.  That said, lock him up now.

Along with Sanu is marvin jones... But since he missed all of last year he would be a resticted FA correct? (marvin jones)
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 01:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Is Zeitlers contract up this year?

His 5th year option was picked up, but he's eligible for an extension right now.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Seen a couple times that the Bengals would like to get an extension with Green before this season. But that's about it. So most likely it'll be him and Iloka. Sign Kirkpatrick after this year. Sanu and Jones will be interesting.
Reply/Quote