Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OHIO STATE CLOBBERS CLEMSON
Ohio State wins New Years Day January 1st, 2021 SUGAR BOWL, They beat Clemson 49 to 28. ESPN started game saying Clemson would win easy. Seems the TV experts were wrong. OH-IO...GO BUCKEYES.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The refs didn't rob the Buckeyes this time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Beat em like they stole something... I wonder if Fields upped his draft stock last night. Kid took a beating and kept dropping long dimes.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Imagine what Coastal Carolina would have done to the Tigers.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 02:29 PM)jason Wrote: Beat em like they stole something... I wonder if Fields upped his draft stock last night. Kid took a beating and kept dropping long dimes.

I don't think there's any doubt he did, how much ? Now win or lose against Alabama if he has another really good game ???
Reply/Quote
I wonder what Dabo Swinney said to Justin Fields after the game. It looked very serious and very sincere.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 09:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I wonder what Dabo Swinney said to Justin Fields after the game.  It looked very serious and very sincere.

"I'm sorry for being such a douche bag over this last week, we were afraid of you and I had to try and motivate my chumps somehow. We coast along in the ACC with 6-8 powder puff opponents every season and I know it. You guys won last year but the refs gifted us a win. You are a great QB on a fantastic team, good luck against Alabama. Do you have any idea why Sunshine chokes in every big game ? "
Reply/Quote
Everyone already had Bama and Clemson penciled in for the title game but my Buckeyes came through!

Bama's going to be tough but, if Ohio State comes out with the same intensity and doesn't play intimidated, I like their chances!
Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to see if Ohio State wins the championship. I don't care either way. But if they do, kind of have to put an asterisk on it since they only played 6 regular season games. I'm sure my opinion isn't going to go over well in this forum filled with Ohio State fans. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 11:06 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It will be interesting to see if Ohio State wins the championship.  I don't care either way.   But if they do, kind of have to put an asterisk on it since they only played 6 regular season games.   I'm sure my opinion isn't going to go over well in this forum filled with Ohio State fans.    :)

You have to put an asterisk on everything to do with 2020, period. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 11:06 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: It will be interesting to see if Ohio State wins the championship.  I don't care either way.   But if they do, kind of have to put an asterisk on it since they only played 6 regular season games.   I'm sure my opinion isn't going to go over well in this forum filled with Ohio State fans.    :)

They played five ranked teams in 2019 and they played three ranked teams in 2020, which it would have been five if Michigan and Michigan State weren't unranked, which is unusual.

You want them to build their resumé' by blowing out teams like Maryland, Florida Atlantic, and Miami of Ohio?

People complaining about the schedule are just looking for reasons to hate on Ohio State.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 12:16 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: They played five ranked teams in 2019 and they played three ranked teams in 2020, which it would have been five if Michigan and Michigan State weren't unranked, which is unusual.

You want them to build their resumé' by blowing out teams like Maryland, Florida Atlantic, and Miami of Ohio?

People complaining about the schedule are just looking for reasons to hate on Ohio State.

Like I said I don't care either way. I really don't follow college football that much so no hating.   But lets say the Steelers didn't play a game until half way through the season and then beat say 3 top 16 teams, 5 below average teams and were given a playoff spot while most teams played a full schedule.  You all would be livid.  You would be saying things like, "The Steelers didn't play a full schedule and were healthier because of that.." No matter where you stand, it's hard to deny that Ohio State didn't get a bit of a boon from playing half a schedule.

Either way, no matter who wins it will probably be referred to as the asterisk bowl at some point. And that's not the fault of any of the teams participating. They did what they could to get where they are. It's just the unfortunate way Covid played a role in the season.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 12:32 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Like I said I don't care either way. I really don't follow college football that much so no hating.   But lets say the Steelers didn't play a game until half way through the season and then beat say 3 top 16 teams, 5 below average teams and were given a playoff spot while most teams played a full schedule.  You all would be livid.  You would be saying things like, "The Steelers didn't play a full schedule and were healthier because of that.."  No matter where you stand, it's hard to deny that Ohio State didn't get a bit of a boon from playing half a schedule.

Either way, no matter who wins it will probably be referred to as the asterisk bowl at some point.  And that's not the fault of any of the teams participating. They did what they could to get where they are.   It's just the unfortunate way Covid played a role in the season.

It's different because the NFL is based off of records and college football, even with the playoff system, is based off of rankings.  It's still an eye test to a certain degree.  

Also, the NFL is more balanced and, like I said, how much better would you consider Ohio State if they just blew out a bunch of shitty teams?

I get what you're saying in principle, but you want to see them just embarrass a bunch of teams to prove that they belong in the playoffs?

Beating Clemson the way they did should be all the validation they need.
Reply/Quote
So is anyone blasting the ACC getting two teams in and those two teams being obliterated?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 01:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So is anyone blasting the ACC getting two teams in and those two teams being obliterated?

Let me channel my inner Dabo... Clemson should've been ranked 11, and Notre Dame 12th.

Losers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 01:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So is anyone blasting the ACC getting two teams in and those two teams being obliterated?

Everyone.

Unless you are referring to pundits, I don't know if they are.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 11:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You have to put an asterisk on everything to do with 2020, period. 

Right.  The World Series short season.  The NBA Play-Offs short season.  The Dayton Flyers best team ever, only 2 losses, both in Overtime, one to #1 Kansas into OT, no A-10 losses, but no NCAA Tourney due to Covid.  Kentucky Derby in The Fall.  NHL short season.  NASCAR short season. Did they cancel The Summer Olympics ?  

Ohio State is now 7-0 and has beat Clemson.  They played Nebraska, Penn State, Michigan State, Northwestern and others. 

OHIO STATE proved by beating Clemson and the soon to be #1 pick in the NFL Draft QB Trevor Lawrence, that OHIO STATE BELONGS IN THE NCAA PLAY-OFFS.  

So throw away your slide ruler and computer stats.  OHIO STATE proved it ON THE FIELD.  No asterisk.  Forget what some think or have on paper.  OHIO STATE proved it ON THE FIELD by BEATING CLEMSON. 

and in the years to come, hopefully Covid behind us, we can look back on the things USA did in 2020 in spite of world pandemic. I look at Doctors, Nurses, my Mail Carrier all year, Grocery Store workers and others in 2020 and I say, NO ASTERISK, but instead some RESPECT for a GOOD JOB in HARD TIMES.  We all deserve a pat on the back for getting through 2020.  We can take nothing away from Alabama or Ohio State and in fact what they did deserves EXTRA RESPECT.  

Ohio State had Maryland and Michigan come down with Covid and cancel those games.  Ohio State is 7-0 and have beat Clemson. Their RB set Ohio State rushing record in Big 10 Championship.  Their QB set Ohio State passing record against Clemson.  

Plus Ohio State blew Clemson off the field.  35 to 14 at Halftime.  Ohio State got out in front and Clemson was way behind the entire 2nd Half.  Clemson got an old fashioned butt whipping.   49 to 28.....and Ohio State is 7-0 and no flies on any of that.  Not enough credit being given to Ohio State WR's who beat Clemson D and caught those record setting TD passes and maybe they can't be covered one on one, such as Olave.  So you can't put D in The Box to stop Ohio State great Run Game or those WR's will Kill You.  Great Defense and Great Coaching.  OHIO STATE IS ONE DARN GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM.  As a Bengal Fan with no Blocking, Ohio State has plenty of Blocking. 

Ohio State is much like Baltimore Ravens. If you Defense the Run, they will kill you Passing. If you Defense the Pass, they will kill you Running. Both have QBs who can also Run but can also Pass. Both have good Defenses. Both Ravens and Buckeyes are Hard To Beat. The Ohio State RB is Great and the WRs are Great. Unlike Bengals, Ohio State CAN BLOCK. Great O Line.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 04:35 AM)kevin Wrote: Ohio State wins New Years Day January 1st, 2021 SUGAR BOWL,  They beat Clemson 49 to 28.   ESPN started game saying Clemson would win easy. Seems the TV experts were wrong.  OH-IO...GO BUCKEYES.

i think i remember Clemson saying something like tOSU didnt belong in this game

LOL

would have preferred OSU vs CIN
Reply/Quote