October 31st at PENN STATE
November 7th RUTGERS
November 14th at MARYLAND
November 21st INDIANA
November 28th at ILLINOIS
December 5th at MICHIGAN STATE
DECEMBER 12th MICHIGAN in THE GAME.
DECEMBER 19th BIG 10 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Let me point out games in December outdoors. At Michigan State and Michigan in Columbus December 12th could be Snow Bowls.

So glad some Ohio State to post instead of all this Florida State Semi-Noles on a Cincinnati Bengals Site. I know people in Florida and as they complain about 50 degree weather in December, they would not want to play Snow Birds in Michigan or Ohio or Wisconsin in December or January. For all the hype to SEC and ACC, let us agree that playing in the North in Cold is NOT their thing. They love that New Years Bowl Games are played Down Home with some Southern Cooking and Sheriff Buford T Justice as the Ref if they can arrange it.

A Big Change in Covid 2020 is THANKSGIVING WEEKEND will NOT be Ohio State vs Michigan as normal. That comes 12 days before CHRISTMAS EVE
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Better late than never! Let's go Bucks!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2020, 03:35 AM)kevin Wrote: October 24th NEBRASKA
October 31st at PENN STATE
November 7th RUTGERS
November 14th at MARYLAND
November 21st INDIANA
November 28th at ILLINOIS
December 5th at MICHIGAN STATE
DECEMBER 12th MICHIGAN in THE GAME.
DECEMBER 19th  BIG 10 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Let me point out games in December outdoors.  At Michigan State and Michigan in Columbus December 12th could be Snow Bowls.

So glad some Ohio State to post instead of all this Florida State Semi-Noles on a Cincinnati Bengals Site.  I know people in Florida and as they complain about 50 degree weather in December, they would not want to play Snow Birds in Michigan or Ohio or Wisconsin in December or January.  For all the hype to SEC and ACC, let us agree that playing in the North in Cold is NOT their thing.  They love that New Years Bowl Games are played Down Home with some Southern Cooking and Sheriff Buford T Justice as the Ref if they can arrange it.

A Big Change in Covid 2020 is THANKSGIVING WEEKEND will NOT be Ohio State vs Michigan as normal.  That comes 12 days before CHRISTMAS EVE

That is not in the Buckeyes favor, as we are now more of a spread offense team instead of a ground and pound attack.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 09:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That is not in the Buckeyes favor, as we are now more of a spread offense team instead of a ground and pound attack.

JK Dobbins begs to differ..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2020, 09:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: JK Dobbins begs to differ..

That would be Master Teague III at this point, but still not a FB in sight...
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 08:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That would be Master Teague III at this point, but still not a FB in sight...

According to these guys, Teague isn't even going to be the starter.  

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/ohio-state/91533

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 09:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: According to these guys, Teague isn't even going to be the starter.  

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/ohio-state/91533

I have no idea who the hell that is.

But I can say Treveyon Henderson, arriving in the spring, is the real deal.  He is local to me, and he is gooooood.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 09:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I have no idea who the hell that is.

But I can say Treveyon Henderson, arriving in the spring, is the real deal.  He is local to me, and he is gooooood.

Yeah, I don't know who he is, either.  But, if they brought him in as a graduate transfer, and listed him as the HB1, they must not feel confident in Teague carrying the load.  Honestly, my Dad and I haven't been the most confident in Teague, either.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 09:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I don't know who he is, either.  But, if they brought him in as a graduate transfer, and listed him as the HB1, they must not feel confident in Teague carrying the load.  Honestly, my Dad and I haven't been the most confident in Teague, either.

I meant to reply to this when I learned it, but forgot.

Apparently Teague suffered an Achilles injury in the spring, and that is why they went to the transfer protocol and landed Sermon.  From what I read there was concern that Teague may not be ready to start the season, although the delay due to the pandemic bought him extra time to get healthy.

From what I've seen of the two through last night, I think Teague has been the better option, but they say that Sermon is better out of the backfield.  I haven't seen too many passes Teague's way, so I cannot make a determination on that myself.
Reply/Quote
Honest question: Is Lawrence any better than Fields? He'll probably get the evaluation nod for his height, which you obviously can't coach. But I think whoever lands the number two overall pick can probably bring in a really good haul if willing to trade.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 02:01 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Honest question: Is Lawrence any better than Fields?  He'll probably get the evaluation nod for his height, which you obviously can't coach.  But I think whoever lands the number two overall pick can probably bring in a really good haul if willing to trade.

It's close IMHO
Reply/Quote
I’d pick Fields. I don’t want to have to look at that girl hair if I don’t have to.

Btw...why is today’s game at night? I like noon games and they’re playing Rutgers.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 04:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I’d pick Fields. I don’t want to have to look at that girl hair if I don’t have to.

Btw...why is today’s game at night?  I like noon games and they’re playing Rutgers.

Hmm, those of us that like to earn extra $$$ on Saturdays love night games.   Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 06:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, those of us that like to earn extra $$$ on Saturdays love night games.   Ninja

Dude you’re a board moderator. How much more money do you need?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 07:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Dude you’re a board moderator. How much more money do you need?

Uh, moderator is a voluntary service, performed for the love of the board that we all enjoy.  I work a real job, I'm a Surveyor for an Engineering firm.  When my Manager offers me $500 cash for a private side job on a Saturday, I jump all over that stuff. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wow, the looks of the schedule strength seems to have changed a bit from the traditional season. Looking more and more like Maryland and Indiana are going to be the "big games" this season.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2020, 11:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, the looks of the schedule strength seems to have changed a bit from the traditional season.  Looking more and more like Maryland and Indiana are going to be the "big games" this season.

Crazy huh ?

I wonder if Hairball makes it thru the season without hitting the unemployment line ?

And Penn ST joins Tennessee in the ranks of preseason very, very Overrated !!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 10:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Crazy huh ?

I wonder if Hairball makes it thru the season without hitting the unemployment line ?

And Penn ST joins Tennessee in the ranks of preseason very, very Overrated !!

Didn't they give him a lifetime contract?   Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 10:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't they give him a lifetime contract?   Ninja

HAHA  Hilarious

I forget where I saw it ? But somebody posted his record the other day against Buckeyes, Mich. St. Penn St. top 10 teams, bowl games and umm it's horrid. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 02:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: HAHA  Hilarious

I forget where I saw it ? But somebody posted his record the other day against Buckeyes, Mich. St. Penn St. top 10 teams, bowl games and umm it's horrid. 

going into last year, I believe he only had one win against the three opponents.

Obviously he lost to Ohio State last year, and I don't recall how he fared against the other two...

EDIT:  I just looked up what I could.  I couldn't find his record against Penn State, but he is 3-3 against the Spartans, and 1-9 against top 10 teams.  We already knew he is winless against The Ohio State University.
Reply/Quote