Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OHIO STATE VS MICHIGAN
First Michigan State who is down this year and Buckeyes owe them one, but it is at Michigan State.

If the Buckeyes win that we then have a Thanksgiving Weekend match-up of #4 in Nation Michigan at #2 in Nation Ohio State in Columbus Ohio. The Thursday NFL games mean nothing to me. The Bengals are now 3-5-1, but I am a Die Hard and will watch them.....but the Michigan vs Ohio State Game....Well, this is my Thanksgiving Weekend. .....and who knows, maybe Bengals climb to 5-5-1 this weekend also. .....Ohio State can not be thinking Championship though. Woody Hayes would say they better be thinking only Michigan during Michigan week. It is still THE GAME.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Did you know that neither of these teams could play in the Big Ten Title Game.  If OSU beats Michigan and Penn State wins out, Penn State is going to the title game against likely Wisconsin or Nebby.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Did you know that neither of these teams could play in the Big Ten Title Game.  If OSU beats Michigan and Penn State wins out, Penn State is going to the title game against likely Wisconsin or Nebby.

Yep, this happens when you lose a game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 03:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Did you know that neither of these teams could play in the Big Ten Title Game.  If OSU beats Michigan and Penn State wins out, Penn State is going to the title game against likely Wisconsin or Nebby.

Which is strange, as in all other forms of sports, overall record is the first determiner on who wins a division.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Um, if Michigan wins they go to the Big Ten title game..
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 06:49 PM)Trademark Wrote: Um, if Michigan wins they go to the Big Ten title game..

Riiight. But if osu wins and PSU wins, PSU will play in the title game.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
If Ohio State wins they will be in the top 4 in the USA and with or without Big 10 Championship Game will be in the 4 team Championship Play-Off.......As of now it looks like Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and Washington......So if you are making it sound like if Ohio State beats Michigan that Penn State with 2 losses jumps ahead, no, they don't. Neither does Wisconsin or Nebraska with 2 losses...If Michigan wins and then loses the next week, then maybe that team goes to play-offs, or very possible no Big 10 team in play-offs....If Ohio State beats Michigan, they are in, regardless of the next week. The Big 10 may want to rethink their Championship Game system.

The Ohio State vs Michigan Game will pretty much determine who goes to the College Championship Play-Offs......Woody Hayes would say, AS IT SHOULD BE.......WOODY/ Bo.......Urban Meyer/ Harbaugh....The best game this Thanksgiving week and still the biggest game of the year for both these schools. People do care who wins this game because look at all the coaches fired for not winning this game enough. That southern accent guy Cooper never understood the importance of this game until he got fired. Even Meyer or Harbaugh could get fired if they ever go on a losing streak in THE GAME. I'll tell you, I think Woody flipped out against Clemson because Bo and Michigan were beating him pretty good Woodys last years. If Woody was still beating Michigan, maybe OSU finds way to keep Woody after Clemson.

This is really going to be my Thanksgiving....THE GAME.....and watch my Bengals Sunday.....THis is MY Thanksgiving Football
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Not looking good for my Bucks. Down 17-7 in the 3rd, and the offense is terrible. Bad decision there to go for fake punt too. Dont get that in that field position, especially since the offense cant do anything.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 04:25 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Not looking good for my Bucks. Down 17-7 in the 3rd, and the offense is terrible. Bad decision there to go for fake punt too. Dont get that in that field position, especially since the offense cant do anything.
They are sputtering. Michigan is moving the ball easily as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 04:30 PM)jason Wrote: They are sputtering. Michigan is moving the ball easily as well.

Need to keep Barrett running. That is all he is good for anymore in big games.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 04:25 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Not looking good for my Bucks. Down 17-7 in the 3rd, and the offense is terrible. Bad decision there to go for fake punt too. Dont get that in that field position, especially since the offense cant do anything.

One of the reasons I despise Urban Meyer.  (Not nearly to my hatred of Jim Harbaugh though).
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 04:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Need to keep Barrett running. That is all he is good for anymore in big games.

Lucky they're only down 3. He's WILDY inaccurate.
Reply/Quote
Also looks like Piano Man was special assistant OLine coach this week.
Reply/Quote
Wow! Go Bucks!!!

Reply/Quote
Neither one of those teams had any business winning that game (aka been a long while since I've seen a good defensive struggle).
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2016, 05:00 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Also looks like Piano Man was special assistant OLine coach this week.
Cedric Ogbuehi also filling in at RT.

A win's a win... C'mon Spartans.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Got to love how the refs cheated us...Barrett was short, the officiating in general was biased for Ohio State
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 12:25 PM)Trademark Wrote: Got to love how the refs cheated us...Barrett was short, the officiating in general was biased for Ohio State

I don't see how you guys think Barret was short. The line to get was the 15. I thought it was obvious that he made it. There were 2 fairly blatant no calls on PI that went Ohio State's way though. Ohio St had no business winning that thing. Michigan straight up choked. Nobody to blame but themselves. Harbawl is a cry ass and so easy to dislike.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 12:25 PM)Trademark Wrote: Got to love how the refs cheated us...Barrett was short, the officiating in general was biased for Ohio State

Nevermind the rest of the game..

Your QB lost that game for you.  Two Ints, that led directly to TDs, a fumble going into the endzone.  OSU had absolutely nothing going for them, yet Speight found ways to keep them in the game.  If you let any team hang around long enough, they will find a way to win.  No need to resort to that blaming the officiating BS.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

(11-27-2016, 12:44 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I don't see how you guys think Barret was short. The line to get was the 15. I thought it was obvious that he made it. There were 2 fairly blatant no calls on PI that went Ohio State's way though. Ohio St had no business winning that thing. Michigan straight up choked. Nobody to blame but themselves. Harbawl is a cry ass and so easy to dislike.

Had it been ruled short there was no way to overturn it.  I do think they got it right, but it was one of those calls that just has to go by the judgement of the official.  OSU got away with a couple of PIs, but so did Michigan.  In all I think the officiating was pretty even handed.

Agree with your sentiments on ole' Jimbo.  He is directly responsible for the loss.  Had he not thrown a temper tantrum and attempted to hit the officials with his headset and play sheets, OSU would have had 7 less points.  Without that the Buckeyes lose, even if they had converted all of their FG attempts.
Reply/Quote