Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OJ Simpson
OJ Simpson will be paroled.

Thoughts?

I think the board had to follow the law and it was expected.
(07-20-2017, 04:11 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: OJ Simpson will be paroled.

Thoughts?

I think the board had to follow the law and it was expected.

Agreed.

A lot of people thought this was payback for getting away with murder but that's not an excuse to keep him in jail now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
He's going to go right back to jail even if he does. For the same reason he was in there before. No money.

Guy owes tons of money once he gets out. He went in because his wife's family kept taking him to court for anything and everything they could think of, forcing him to spend all his money on legal defense. Led to him being broke, which led to him committing crime to get money.

Think I read the only think that they can't squeeze out of him is his $1,700/month NFL pension.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Gets away with killing two people, and gets busted for taking back his own stuff.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I still don't think OJ dId it. I do however believe he knows something about the murders.

In the case of his parole I say it's the right move.
(07-20-2017, 04:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Gets away with killing two people, and gets busted for taking back his own stuff.

It's the way he did it that got him.  You or I find out someone has our stolen stuff, what do we do?  We call the police and give them all the information we have.  What OJ does is burst into the room with a gun and tells everyone present they aren't going anywhere until he gets his stuff back.  The man is not very smart.
(07-20-2017, 05:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's the way he did it that got him.  You or I find out someone has our stolen stuff, what do we do?  We call the police and give them all the information we have.  What OJ does is burst into the room with a gun and tells everyone present they aren't going anywhere until he gets his stuff back.  The man is not very smart.

He didn't have the gun though, did he?  Thought I heard today that he got more time than the guy who did have the gun.

I admit though I was half listening at work so I might have confused that.

Otherwise I fully agree that this was just stupid on his part.
(07-20-2017, 05:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: He didn't have the gun though, did he?  Thought I heard today that he got more time than the guy who did have the gun.

I admit though I was half listening at work so I might have confused that.

Otherwise I fully agree that this was just stupid on his part.

Sorry, should have been more specific, OJ's companion had the gun.  However, in criminal law you're guilty of the actions of your accomplice so there is little legal distinction.  Who had the gun certainly becomes important in sentencing, usually the primary actor gets a more severe sentence, but in terms of committing a crime who is actually carrying the gun is less important.
Here's what OJ was charged with;

Count 1: Conspiracy to commit a crime
Count 2: Conspiracy to commit kidnapping
Count 3: Conspiracy to commit robbery
Count 4: Burglary while in possession of a deadly weapon
Count 5: 1st degree kidnapping with use of a deadly weapon (for Bruce Fromong)
Count 6: 1st degree kidnapping with use of a deadly weapon (for Alfred Beardsley)
Count 7: Robbery with use of a deadly weapon (for Bruce Fromong)
Count 8: Robbery with use of a deadly weapon (for Alfred Beardsley)
Count 9: Assault with a deadly weapon (for Bruce Fromong)
Count 10: Assault with a deadly weapon (for Alfred Beardsley)
Count 11: Coercion with a deadly weapon (for Bruce Fromong as an alternative to count 5)
Count 12: Coercion with a deadly weapon (for Alfred Beardsley as an alternative to count 6)
(07-20-2017, 05:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sorry, should have been more specific, OJ's companion had the gun.  However, in criminal law you're guilty of the actions of your accomplice so there is little legal distinction.  Who had the gun certainly becomes important in sentencing, usually the primary actor gets a more severe sentence, but in terms of committing a crime who is actually carrying the gun is less important.

Got it.  I kind of guessed that they would charge based A gun being there no matter who had it.  Thanks.
(07-20-2017, 05:04 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I still don't think OJ dId it. I do however believe he knows something about the murders.

In the case of his parole I say it's the right move.

Wait, you think OJ didn't commit the 2 murders?
(07-20-2017, 06:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, you think OJ didn't commit the 2 murders?

No, I don't.
(07-20-2017, 06:37 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: No, I don't.

I'll admit I'm not expertly versed in the whole case, but can I ask why?  
I definitely think he murdered Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman. Or at the least he was there when it happened with whoever did. Either way there is too much circumstantial and dna evidence, and motive, that points at him.

But based on the robbery without taking that into consideration, parole does seem justified.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(07-20-2017, 07:03 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I definitely think he murdered Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman. Or at the least he was there when it happened with whoever did. Either way there is too much circumstantial and dna evidence, and motive, that points at him.

But based on the robbery without taking that into consideration, parole does seem justified.

His DNA (blood) was found all over the crime scene.  The fact that the crime scene technician screwed up so much and still got OJ's DNA shows how much of it was there.  Cochran railed on the dude (I forget his name, the Asian dude) about all his mistakes.  Clark and Darden screwed the pooch when they didn't point out that even with the mistakes the guy nailed OJ as being at the scene and leaving blood there.  You don't get some random person's DNA profile when you screw up, you either get the person whose blood it is or you get an inconclusive.
I'm elated OJ got paroled. Now he can resume his search for the real killers.
(07-20-2017, 07:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: His DNA (blood) was found all over the crime scene.  The fact that the crime scene technician screwed up so much and still got OJ's DNA shows how much of it was there.  Cochran railed on the dude (I forget his name, the Asian dude) about all his mistakes.  Clark and Darden screwed the pooch when they didn't point out that even with the mistakes the guy nailed OJ as being at the scene and leaving blood there.  You don't get some random person's DNA profile when you screw up, you either get the person whose blood it is or you get an inconclusive.

OJ was never going to be found guilty....even if the entire investigation and the collection of forensic evidence was pristine.

Look at that jury, one Hispanic, two white women and the rest black. You're supposed to be judged by a jury of your peers.
Those weren't his peers. White people were his peers.

Your worst fears came true when a couple of those  jurists returned to their seats after their verdict pumping "black power" fists in the air.
Payback time. That trial was so reminiscent of those in Southern courtrooms back in the day when so often a good ol white boy was found not guilty of murdering a black man and set free.

Heard OJ today say he "has respect for the jury system" . Well I guess so.
Heard from an attorney on the radio today that he has at least 600 grand in an NFL pension that the Goldmans cannot touch. Getting a job would benefit him in almost no way whatsoever. Wonder if he can stay out of trouble for his remaining years.
(07-20-2017, 06:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit I'm not expertly versed in the whole case, but can I ask why?  

Well everyone talks about the evidence being planted as reasons for why they don't think OJ did it, but what I don't understand is how it would have been possible for him to do it according to the murder time line. That's the biggest problem for me.

The fact that OJ had a flight that night actually saves him in my opinion, because without that flight I think any story would have been made up by the prosecution had OJ just stayed home. But the flight put the prosecution in a difficult place because they had to set up the murder timeline before OJ leaves/gets to the airport. According to the prosecution, OJ murderd Nicole and Ron around 10:15pm that night. A witness testifies that they saw what looked like OJ's white bronco speeding away from the murder scene at 10:35pm (20 minutes later). Prosecutor's believe OJ arrived home slightly before 10:40pm because "thumps" were heard at the guest house at 10:40pm. This means OJ had to have been hauling ass to get from Nicole's house to his house in that amount of time because Nicole lived 7 minutes away from him at lawful speeds and assuming there's no traffic. At 11pm, OJ starts loading his limousine to head to the airport. So basically OJ killed Nicole and Ron and was somehow able to get his shit together in 20 minutes before heading to the airport. I'm sorry but I just don't buy it. They're saying this big ol' dumb guy OJ Simpson did all of this in a fit of rage with nothing planned out. Just sounds very strange to me.