Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, Center First, not a Guard
Looking over all the Mock Drafts there is a chance the top Centers could be gone by our pick in 2. That's because Price and Ragnow could both be used as Guards by some teams and Center by others. Daniels, Ragnow and Price could all be gone by our pick in 2 and that would be a disaster since we need a Center more than anything with Bodine gone.

Also Bengals traded down and made moves to get Buffalo's Left Tackle and Linebacker. This tells me Bengals not all that impressed with some of the drafts tackles and linebackers in round 1 and decided a solid veteran better. They also resigned Eifert so take TE out of round 1. They brought in a QB that Lasor wanted so take QB out of round 1. Bengals said after these moves they could not afford to resign Bodine but they could replace him early in the draft and that is what they will probably do.

So Round 1 will probably be Price or Daniels or Ragnow as a Center.

That is fine because it sets up early round 2. There is no telling what top talent will fall, but I look for Bengals to get a round 1 talent that has fell to round 2. It could be any position. With Center out of the way, I know they say they want an edge rusher. The need a Linebacker. Are there any round 1 edge rushing Linebackers who might fall to round 2. We will see. They could also use a safety and a round 1 safety still on board in 2 would be a steal. You can rule out a good DT or more O Line help. You even can''t rule out a round 1 TE, WR or RB if they fall to 2. If the draft doeshave the run on all these QB's in round 1, Bengals could get a steal in round 2.

So I agree now with many on boards and most mock drafts. Just take the Center in One because it sets up not needing a Center in 2 and then taking a round 1 pick that has fallen into our laps in 2 at another position. Plus we drafted down to get Buffalo LT and LB, resigned TE Eifert and brought in a QB so Bengals have already added people before the draft. CENTER IN ONE and in TWO a steal that has fallen to us. Hard to say what position that could be until it happens.

Get Center out of the way. Take Best Available Athlete in 2. I look for a round 1 type player on board in 2. Maybe a top edge rushing LB, or a top safety, or it could be a top D Line, O Line, TE, WR, RB. Somebody that is round 1 talent that slipped down because there was a run on quarterbacks.

We can't rule out Westerman as a guard and either Fisher or Og as a Right Tackle. Those are options. It sounded good to get Hernandez or Wynn and then a center. Who knows, as crazy as the draft is, Hernandez or Wynn may fall to 2. Somebody good will fall to 2 and you can bank on that. If they get Center out of the way in One, they can take a Top Talent in Two at just about any position. We could use help at just about any position.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 12:05 PM)kevin Wrote: Looking over all the Mock Drafts there is a chance the top Centers could be gone by our pick in 2.  That's because Price and Ragnow could both be used as Guards by some teams and Center by others. Daniels, Ragnow and Price could all be gone by our pick in 2 and that would be a disaster since we need a Center more than anything with Bodine gone.

Also Bengals traded down and made moves to get Buffalo's Left Tackle and Linebacker.  This tells me Bengals not all that impressed with some of the drafts tackles and linebackers in round 1 and decided a solid veteran better. They also resigned Eifert so take TE out of round 1. They brought in a QB that Lasor wanted so take QB out of round 1.  Bengals said after these moves they could not afford to resign Bodine but they could replace him early in the draft and that is what they will probably do.

That is fine because it sets up early round 2. There is no telling what top talent will fall, but I look for Bengals to get a round 1 talent that has fell to round 2.  It could be any position.  With Center out of the way, I know they say they want an edge rusher. The need a Linebacker.  Are there any round 1 edge rushing Linebackers who might fall to round 2.  We will see.  They could also use a safety and a round 1 safety still on board in 2 would be a steal.  You can rule out a good DT or more O Line help.  You even can''t rule out a round 1 TE, WR or RB if they fall to 2.  If the draft doeshave the run on all these QB's in round 1, Bengals could get a steal in round 2.

So I agree now with many on boards and most mock drafts. Just take the Center in One because it sets up not needing a Center in 2 and then taking a round 1 pick that has fallen into our laps in 2 at another position.  Plus we drafted down to get Buffalo LT and LB, resigned TE Eifert and brought in a QB so Bengals have already added people before the draft.  CENTER IN ONE and in TWO a steal that has fallen to us. Hard to say what position that could be until it happens.

Get Center out of the way. Take Best Available Athlete in 2.   I look for a round 1 type player on board in 2. Maybe a top edge rushing LB, or a top safety, or it could be a top D Line, O Line, TE, WR, RB.  Somebody that is round 1 talent that slipped down because there was a run on quarterbacks.

We can't rule out Westerman as a guard and either Fisher or Og as a Right Tackle.  Those are options. It sounded good to get Hernandez or Wynn and then a center.  Who knows, as crazy as the draft is, Hernandez or Wynn may fall to 2.  Somebody good will fall to 2 and you can bank on that. If they get Center out of the way in One, they can take a Top Talent in Two at just about any position. We could use help at just about any position.

Nice thing about at least Price and Ragnow is not only can they place C but they can play OG. That versatility is appealing.
While I think there should be a decent chance one of Daniels, Ragnow, or Price could be available at 46, we thought there was a guarantee of at least one of Coleman, Fuller, Treadwell, or Doctson being available for the Bengals two years ago and it ended up not happening.
Board doesn't always fall the way we think it will.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad you came around Kev.

Center at 21 is the safest pick. Let Pollack pick his guy and enjoy.

After that we can go lots of ways and are not stressing out.
Reply/Quote
As long as they get one of those there I'll be happy. Whichever one Pollack wants.
Reply/Quote
Need to go Center first. Yeah, not sexy and perhaps they could get one of the 3 in round 2, but I can see New England, Jacksonville and Indianapolis go Center by the time the Bengals pick at 46.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 10:51 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Need to go Center first. Yeah, not sexy and perhaps they could get one of the 3 in round 2, but I can see New England, Jacksonville and Indianapolis go Center by the time the Bengals pick at 46.

Jacksonville loves pro bowl center Brandon Linder.....whom they just resigned last year
Reply/Quote
I don't see how we can skip center in the first. It's the biggest need we have, and there's a few guys slotted to go +/- a few picks of our spot. Plus, if we don't and go value shopping, that pretty well sets us up to lose out.
Reply/Quote
What causes me pause is the fact the Bengal organization has only drafted one center in round 1 as long as I can remember. It may happen. I hope it happens. But if McGlinchey is there at 21, I think they go with him and take Center at 46. Just saying.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
In complete agreement. Unless the draft starts shaking out in a crazy way and there is an elite guy that has fallen there and we think we can still get one of the above Cs; thats about the only scenario. Like Fitzpatrick or McGlinchey etc
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 12:05 PM)kevin Wrote: Looking over all the Mock Drafts there is a chance the top Centers could be gone by our pick in 2.  That's because Price and Ragnow could both be used as Guards by some teams and Center by others. Daniels, Ragnow and Price could all be gone by our pick in 2 and that would be a disaster since we need a Center more than anything with Bodine gone.

Also Bengals traded down and made moves to get Buffalo's Left Tackle and Linebacker.  This tells me Bengals not all that impressed with some of the drafts tackles and linebackers in round 1 and decided a solid veteran better. They also resigned Eifert so take TE out of round 1. They brought in a QB that Lasor wanted so take QB out of round 1.  Bengals said after these moves they could not afford to resign Bodine but they could replace him early in the draft and that is what they will probably do.

That is fine because it sets up early round 2. There is no telling what top talent will fall, but I look for Bengals to get a round 1 talent that has fell to round 2.  It could be any position.  With Center out of the way, I know they say they want an edge rusher. The need a Linebacker.  Are there any round 1 edge rushing Linebackers who might fall to round 2.  We will see.  They could also use a safety and a round 1 safety still on board in 2 would be a steal.  You can rule out a good DT or more O Line help.  You even can''t rule out a round 1 TE, WR or RB if they fall to 2.  If the draft doeshave the run on all these QB's in round 1, Bengals could get a steal in round 2.

So I agree now with many on boards and most mock drafts. Just take the Center in One because it sets up not needing a Center in 2 and then taking a round 1 pick that has fallen into our laps in 2 at another position.  Plus we drafted down to get Buffalo LT and LB, resigned TE Eifert and brought in a QB so Bengals have already added people before the draft.  CENTER IN ONE and in TWO a steal that has fallen to us. Hard to say what position that could be until it happens.

Get Center out of the way. Take Best Available Athlete in 2.   I look for a round 1 type player on board in 2. Maybe a top edge rushing LB, or a top safety, or it could be a top D Line, O Line, TE, WR, RB.  Somebody that is round 1 talent that slipped down because there was a run on quarterbacks.

We can't rule out Westerman as a guard and either Fisher or Og as a Right Tackle.  Those are options. It sounded good to get Hernandez or Wynn and then a center.  Who knows, as crazy as the draft is, Hernandez or Wynn may fall to 2.  Somebody good will fall to 2 and you can bank on that. If they get Center out of the way in One, they can take a Top Talent in Two at just about any position. We could use help at just about any position.

i wanted Hernandez in rd 1....then the best of the top 3 OC's thats left on the board at  2 but i dont see that happening now....
looks like we will go Ragnow or Daniels, or even Price in rd 1....
so i'm expecting this....i'd say there's an 85% chance this will happen....
but i don't see any rd 1 talet players falling to us in rd 2....
we'll get a nice player but i don't expect any steals....
i'd prefer the best OT on the board, or OG or LB, or Safety...
i have very little faith in Ced or Fisher being able to handle the RT position....
so if we go OT in rd 2 i'd be more than happy w/ that....
who-dey Popcorn
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2018, 04:45 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What causes me pause is the fact the Bengal organization has only drafted one center in round 1 as long as I can remember.  It may happen.  I hope it happens.  But if McGlinchey is there at 21, I think they go with him and take Center at 46.  Just saying.

nice thought....
but no way McG falls that far....
i just hope the Ravens don't get him or Lamar Jackson....
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 10:51 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Need to go Center first. Yeah, not sexy and perhaps they could get one of the 3 in round 2, but I can see New England, Jacksonville and Indianapolis go Center by the time the Bengals pick at 46.

we have 11 picks....
we could go OG Hernandez then trade up in rd 2 & get one of the top 3 OC's....
but i doubt we do that....
not our style...
but w/ 11 picks it might be worth it this year...
i'd love to see our RB's run behind Hernandez...
i'd say this is my dream scenario this draft...
Hernandez in rd 1 then trade up for our OC...
but id say there's an 85% chance we'll go Ragnow at 21...
Reply/Quote