Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, I will say it.
The Atkins and Dunlap signings were idiotic. Lost money. Hopefully, Burfict will be cut loose. Our last two 1st rounders need to go. Time to just bring in some fresh, young blood.
Reply/Quote
Geno should have a show in Vegas with how much he’s disappeared this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Not ready to cut Ross, though. Kid scores TD’s at a hell of a rate.

Reply/Quote
You know, Atkins and Dunlap play hard...and I've speculated along with others that throws just get out so quick due to poor LB coverage not allowing them to get sacks.

But, there are plays where the QB has the ball for 5-6-7 seconds with no pressure.

I just don't know.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to blame it on most of the rest of the defense being trash but I'm not sure I can ?
Reply/Quote
The underwhelming play from Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap started the moment Domata Peko left town for Denver. Peko used to absorb multiple blocks due to his size which freed up Atkins and Dunlap to feast on quarterbacks and wrap up running backs at first contact.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:20 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: The Atkins and Dunlap signings were idiotic. Lost money. Hopefully, Burfict will be cut loose. Our last two 1st rounders need to go. Time to just bring in some fresh, young blood.
Geno and Dunlap quit a long time ago, and are counting down the games til offseason. They know Marvin is trash and ownership is a joke. Defense is historically bad, last in the NFL in almost every category.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The underwhelming play from Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap started the moment Domata Peko left town for Denver.  Peko used to absorb multiple blocks due to his size which freed up Atkins and Dunlap to feast on quarterbacks and wrap up running backs at first contact.
Well you'd better include Fat Sims as well if you're going that route.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The underwhelming play from Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap started the moment Domata Peko left town for Denver.  Peko used to absorb multiple blocks due to his size which freed up Atkins and Dunlap to feast on quarterbacks and wrap up running backs at first contact.
Peko was complete trash, he did not draw double teams. Geno and Dunlap checked out a long time ago after seeing defense give up 500 yards a game.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:43 PM)bengaltruth Wrote: Peko was complete trash, he did not draw double teams. Geno and Dunlap checked out a long time ago after seeing defense give up 500 yards a game.

Agreed. They got their contracts. They've been on actual good Bengals teams that didn't win a playoff game. They know that whether they play hard or not...won't matter.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The underwhelming play from Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap started the moment Domata Peko left town for Denver. Peko used to absorb multiple blocks due to his size which freed up Atkins and Dunlap to feast on quarterbacks and wrap up running backs at first contact.

This!!!!

People wanted him outta here so badly too. Peko was the heart of the defense (Whit was the heart of the offense). Burfict was the balls. He seems to be neutered...

At least Denver's not on a roll with a pass catching RB that will dismantle the Bengals D... Oh wait...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Have been saying this forever, but his haters will never admit it.

Believe OL's are focusing on Geno with double and triple teams. But Carlos is definitely not a factor this year. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not ready to cut Ross, though. Kid scores TD’s at a hell of a rate.

Agreed. The guy is a fine receiver right now, he is just being utilized in odd ways. I think he would excel in the shorter/intermediate game more. He has a full route tree and elite quickness.
Reply/Quote
No one has to worry about any of our good players, if they are smart, they will go to other teams to have a chance at the ultimate prize! This effin owner is what needs to go and NOW!!!

Reply/Quote
The biggest loss of this season was arguably Carl Lawson. We have nobody to bring pressure opposite Geno/Los so team can stay strong to that side.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:53 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Agreed. The guy is a fine receiver right now, he is just being utilized in odd ways. I think he would excel in the shorter/intermediate game more. He has a full route tree and elite quickness.

When they get AJ back they should get Ross in an outlet pass type situation.

They have to cover AJ and Boyd mostly this should get him free on shorter routes and let him make some moves.

Similar to what they do with Mixon.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
They have 14 sacks between them and 30 QB hits. There not bad players and there not playing bad. The problem is Johnson and Willis are not getting it done opposite of them and we can't cover the middle of the field.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:53 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They have 14 sacks between them and 30 QB hits. There not bad players and there not playing bad. The problem is Johnson and Willis are not getting it done opposite of them and we can't cover the middle of the field.

Great, “they’re not bad players.” Exactly what we all hoped for when we gave them those contracts!

What a joke.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Great, “they’re not bad players.” Exactly what we all hoped for when we gave them those contracts!

What a joke.

You do realize both are on Pace for 10 sacks right and 20 + hits? You do realize that the majority of teams would take that from their two best pass rushers right?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:08 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: You do realize both are on Pace for 10 sacks right and 20 + hits? You do realize that the majority of teams would take that from their two best pass rushers right?

You do realize they were all from early in the season right? You do realize Geno has 1 sack in his last 6 games right?

Dunlap to me hasn’t been quite as bad. Geno is the biggest disappointment, imo.

Reply/Quote