Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, so Hue Jackson Blasting His Offense For Poor Play Sunday
(12-22-2015, 07:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe they're just tired.  Or, maybe they were just still depressed over losing Andy?

Maybe they won handily on the road?  I don't know what people expected here.  We didn't beat the 49ers 77-0, my god let's fold the tent and let a real team make the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 08:17 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Rewatched the entire game. The OL was fine. Well, except the center but that's nothing new. 
AJM was responsible for 3 of the 4 sacks given up. 

I need to watch it, never got to but this makes me feel better.

McCarron needs to get the ball out quicker to help the OL. Not a big surprise.

The Niners stacked the box i guess which is why the running game was nonexistent.

The Broncos i am sure will try to do the same, need some deep Playaction calls deep to take advantage of the backup Safety.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 08:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe they won handily on the road?  I don't know what people expected here.  We didn't beat the 49ers 77-0, my god let's fold the tent and let a real team make the playoffs.

Hey, hey, hey, no need to go jumping off any cliffs.  I told a few folks, in a thread leading up to the game, that SF was going to play the Bengals tough.  And they did. 

Not sure what your definition of "handily" is, but that 1st half lead was mostly gifts by our defense, because of SF ineptitude on offense.  Not at all by virtue of our overpowering offense.  Thankfully, the defense was able to hold off the Niners, after the Bengal offense blundered their way into letting SF close making things "interesting" down the stretch.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hue has never had a problem blaming others.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hey, hey, hey, no need to go jumping off any cliffs.  I told a few folks, in a thread leading up to the game, that SF was going to play the Bengals tough.  And they did. 

Not sure what your definition of "handily" is, but that 1st half lead was mostly gifts by our defense, because of SF ineptitude on offense.  Not at all by virtue of our overpowering offense.  Thankfully, the defense was able to hold off the Niners, after the Bengal offense blundered their way into letting SF close making things "interesting" down the stretch.

Oh the defense did show up, no doubt about it.  I'm not saying we are going to "Dilfer" our way to the Super Bowl, but I also realize that as long as you don't turn the ball over you have a good chance of winning in the NFL.  Let's not act like our defense never bailed out Andy, either.  I guess what it really comes down to is me not being as destroyed over the Dalton injury (assuming he doesn't play in the playoffs) because I'm stubborn enough to not be convinced that he's going to shake his playoff awfulness just because he's become a regular season god.

Do I think Dalton would have at least an average game in this year's playoffs?  Yes
Do I think McCarron would be better than Dalton?  No
Do I think our playoff offense can still contribute it's standard 6-10 points in the playoffs?  Yes
Reply/Quote
The running game has been struggling all year. Or at least it hasn't lived up to expectations.

McCarron vs Osweiler is a good match up. If Andy was healthy, I'd feel alot more confident about this Denver game. McCarron still gives us a shot to win, but he has to, as someone said, get the ball out much faster.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hey, hey, hey, no need to go jumping off any cliffs.  I told a few folks, in a thread leading up to the game, that SF was going to play the Bengals tough.  And they did. 

Their D as a whole may suck but I'd love to have a player like Bowman as an addition on this team.

That guy was all over the place.

The most memorable moment was when he got up in the other D player's face for pushing down(Gio?)out of bounds.

Nice to see such a high motor guy also enforce teammates who do boneheaded things as well.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 08:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I need to watch it, never got to but this makes me feel better.

McCarron needs to get the ball out quicker to help the OL. Not a big surprise.

The Niners stacked the box i guess which is why the running game was nonexistent.

The Broncos i am sure will try to do the same, need some deep Playaction calls deep to take advantage of the backup Safety.

Oh FFS, he doesn't need to get it out quicker to help the OL. Stop this lie now.
He needs to get it out quicker because he's slow as molasses getting rid of the ball. 
He alone was responsible for 3 of the 4 sacks. One was coverage. 
He's shown he holds the ball longer than he needs to even when guys are open. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, amazing AJM played as well as he did considering that terrible play on the O-line's part.

The thing that keeps me optimistic is that we have seen the O-line play very good this season at times.

It is not like they cannot play great, the effort just needs to be there. Now is not the time to quit, it is
time to give it all you got. We are going to have to atleast use the run game to keep the Broncos Defense
honest and then we need to beat them deep with PA. They have backup Safeties back there.

That is the Broncos weakness, on the back end. Need to give AJM time to hit Green and MLJ deep.

im kinda worried and not amazed if they struggled vs a horrid 49ers D its not gonna be pretty vs denver.

(12-22-2015, 09:12 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Their D as a whole may suck but I'd love to have a player like Bowman as an addition on this team.

That guy was all over the place.

The most memorable moment was when he got up in the other D player's face for pushing down(Gio?)out of bounds.

Nice to see such a high motor guy also enforce teammates who do boneheaded things as well.

gotta wonder how much of his success was due to Mccarron not adjusting the protection.
Reply/Quote
Give the Oline a pass for poor pass blocking with AJ holding the ball too long ok. But no excuse for the complete lack of run blocking against the 31st ranked run defense.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 12:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Give the Oline a pass for poor pass blocking with AJ holding the ball too long ok. But no excuse for the complete lack of run blocking against the 31st ranked run defense.

Except 4 out of the 5 weren't the problem. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 08:02 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Or maybe they don't like McCarron?  I figured that Tom Brady comparison might not go over well.  Instead of saying he's there to take care of the team til Andy can come back, he ends up talking about the Brady/Bledsoe thing.

Good point, but I didn't take the comparison,as skill wise. He said that Brady got his chance when Bledsoe got hurt and he needs to capitalize on his chance same as Brady did and said he hopes to play the game same as Favre did have fun out there. Although I could see how people would take it that way.   Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 07:24 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I can't believe he has to get them fired up!  What the heck is going on?  

Watch the NFL Network films about THE GAME and Super Bowl seasons....and Lombardi even had to ask for more....and more....and players would give more....and next week Lombardi would ask for even more.....and same with other Championship teams....but those players look back now and say it was that drive and extra effort that put them forever as a team that won it all, and the extra effort was what put them over the top......So there is nothing wrong with Bengals that wasn't wrong with 1966 or 1967 Packers or 1968 Jets or last years Super Bowl winner......Coaches need to motivate them, and maybe like General Patton, a quick kick in the rear end. ....Heck, at halftime of a play-off game, Vikings great Alan Page destroyed the blackboard and threw it at players and told them to get their heads out of the rear ends, and they came back and won the play-off game. ....Besides money, they are playing for pride.....I think it was low class to boo Bengals in the baseball All-Star Game exhibition game that was all in fun for charity, no class fans.... but....they are indeed playing now to gain that respect they deserve. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 12:01 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Oh FFS, he doesn't need to get it out quicker to help the OL. Stop this lie now.
He needs to get it out quicker because he's slow as molasses getting rid of the ball. 
He alone was responsible for 3 of the 4 sacks. One was coverage. 
He's shown he holds the ball longer than he needs to even when guys are open. 

I don't get it, getting the ball out quicker is what i said he needs to do and then you say he holds onto the ball longer than he needs to?

So which is it?

Whats the lie?
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 04:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't get it, getting the ball out quicker is what i said he needs to do and then you say he holds onto the ball longer than he needs to?

So which is it?

Whats the lie?

That he needs to do that to "help" the OL.
The OL is fine. He needs to get it out faster to help himself and the WR. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 05:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That he needs to do that to "help" the OL.
The OL is fine. He needs to get it out faster to help himself and the WR. 

So you don't think getting the ball out faster helps the O-line?

I am confused.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 05:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So you don't think getting the ball out faster helps the O-line?

I am confused.

It does, but it isn't like the OL is playing poorly. The OL is fine. 
The way you stated it made it sound like the OL was struggling to make blocks because he doesn't have a fast release. 
That's not the case. All but 1 sack was just due to AJM holding it too long. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 06:24 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It does, but it isn't like the OL is playing poorly. The OL is fine. 
The way you stated it made it sound like the OL was struggling to make blocks because he doesn't have a fast release. 
That's not the case. All but 1 sack was just due to AJM holding it too long. 

Its just one guy just like you stated and one guy hurts the entire OL.

McCarron needs to get the ball out quicker to help out Bodine which helps out the entire OL...
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 06:24 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: All but 1 sack was just due to AJM holding it too long. 

Is every sack because the QB held it too long? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2015, 12:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Is every sack because the QB held it too long? 

No, just the ones where he doesn't make the right read, holds it for 5 seconds or runs out of bounds instead of throwing it away (thus giving the defense a "sack")
Reply/Quote